Can't Download Guildwars Game

• 2 weeks later...

ugh this is kinda frustrating. I started playing gw2 last year, this is the first time this happened to me. I see alot of people having this issue but why Arenanet doesnt notice it?

I did a fresh install of windows 10 to my computer. Then when Im reinstalling the game I came accross this issue.... ANET pls...

@"GOD HIMSELF.4152" said:my issue is while the launcher is open the files remaining doesn't go down but when I close it and reopen the files remaining has been reduced. Anyone has the same issue?Yes I'm having the same exact issue as you. The client downloaded the game smoothly until it finished the "Playable" part and then 30% ish after that my files remaining on the client is stuck at 300k files. download is at 3MB/sec but sometiems drops to 0 and goes back up to 3MB/sec again but yea, when I close the client and re open it again the remaining files are reduced... Im gonna obeserve and will update if it progresses(I hope).

btw Im using the -assetsrv 52.202.5.88

@Clementine.9821 said:btw Im using the -assetsrv 52.202.5.88

The -assetsrv option is currently broken/disabled. Also, that IP is expired - it usually changes every few days.

Instead, you can edit the hosts file. Search the start menu for notepad, right click it and run as an administrator. Open:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the end, add the following line, then save it:

35.170.210.77 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Remove this after you're done. Ideally, you only want to use this IP for as long as it takes to get past where you're stuck - expect it to be slower, since it's the primary US server.

For future reference, lookup the IP using cmd.exe:

nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/15/2020 at 5:14 AM, Shehi.9753 said:

That is literally just someone copy and pasting a response from someone of the first page of this thread. So for those people where this did help before, it certainly won't help now

On 4/7/2020 at 2:24 AM, Healix.5819 said:

The -assetsrv option is currently broken/disabled. Also, that IP is expired - it usually changes every few days.

Instead, you can edit the hosts file. Search the start menu for notepad, right click it and run as an administrator. Open:

At the end, add the following line, then save it:

Remove this after you're done. Ideally, you only want to use this IP for as long as it takes to get past where you're stuck - expect it to be slower, since it's the primary US server.

For future reference, lookup the IP using cmd.exe:

This worked for me:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/66275-cant-download-guildwars-game/?do=findComment&comment=1127563

As he said:

1. open cmd -> paste: "nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8" -> take one of the upcoming ips: "Adresses: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

2. go to your host file: "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\" open hosts file (edit as admin)

paste in: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com" at the end of your host file, save it and it should work.

(replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with one of the adresses from the cmd lookup you did before)

@Healix.5819 thanks dude! <3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, i am almost a new player , played the game vanilla for not a long time and wanted to try it now in 2021, but well stuck at 0% and 452000 file ... and now i can finally dl the game after 2 days wasted for dl 6go because i didn't realize i was stuck till now 😕

but yes after i read you guys, this can make new player just give up, when the game already bug trying dl it...

Again thanks.

Edited by Elgor.5276
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2021 at 10:17 AM, brix.7896 said:

This worked for me:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/66275-cant-download-guildwars-game/?do=findComment&comment=1127563

As he said:

1. open cmd -> paste: "nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8" -> take one of the upcoming ips: "Adresses: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

2. go to your host file: "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\" open hosts file (edit as admin)

paste in: "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com" at the end of your host file, save it and it should work.

(replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with one of the adresses from the cmd lookup you did before)

@Healix.5819 thanks dude! ❤️

Worked like a charm for me!

Thanks dude 🙂

• 1 year later...

This apparently still seems to be happening :classic_wacko:, years later... my download got stuck at 23%, then closing and re-running the launcher, it was stuck back at 0% :classic_laugh:.

I tried the command line arg trick in this thread, which did resume the download temporarily, but now it's stuck at 6%.

Absolutely mindboggling that I can't even _download_ your kittening game... What an atrocious new player experience, how can I have any confidence in this game and not just write it off forever?

Edited by Bloopydoop.7235
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Bloopydoop.7235 said:

This apparently still seems to be happening :classic_wacko:, years later... my download got stuck at 23%, then closing and re-running the launcher, it was stuck back at 0% :classic_laugh:.

I tried the command line arg trick in this thread, which did resume the download temporarily, but now it's stuck at 6%.

Absolutely mindboggling that I can't even _download_ your kittening game... What an atrocious new player experience, how can I have any confidence in this game and not just write it off forever?

you'd think they'd make an .iso available via bittorrent and have web seeds etc.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bloopydoop.7235 said:

You did lookup the new IP, yes?