Retiring Lich Form

Redpawa.4108

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:Replace lich form with a spectral skill with grim specter effect when it ends the player gains 15% life force.As alternative an elite well that destroy projectiles incoming and inside chill and weaken enemies on low cd

Better yet, keep it as a spectral elite (as a completely new skill in keeping with the spectral theme), but then add all the missing skills on all professions - our elite well included.

Filling up all the missing skills won't happen as long as Anet doesn't want to create a completely new skill archetype for the engineer.Problem is that every other class has access to 5 different skill types, while engineer just has 4 (elixirs, turrets, gadgets, kits).

The only "missing" skill for engineers is an elite gadget, they have a complete set of every other skill type in their arsenal. And it would simply feel unfair if other professions get 1 new healing skill and 2 new elite skills, while the engineer just gets 1 new elite.

So either they just give every class 1 new elite, or they go all in and give engineer a new set.

Well never say never but for example engineer got the mortar kit added in 2015 so I'm all up for a new elite skills, also necromancer miss an elite signet, an elite well and even basic spectral heal. Anet should work on completing all the sets of utilies on all classes.Let's keep in mind also that engineer in the slots of utilities(not healing not elite) has 5 skills for each type: 5kits, 5 elixirs, 5 gadgets, 5 turrets while the rest of all the other classes only have 4 skills for each type. So if you create a 5th category for engineer should we just remove 1 for each category of them before granting new 4 skills or should we give 1 option more to all the classes on all the categories?

Mortar kit didn't get added, they reworked the mortar elite skill into a kit instead.And what I just mean is: the only thing they could do with reasonable amount of work would be to give every class 1 new elite skill, since this is also easily doable for the engineer by giving them an elite gadget.

If you want to fill all the missing skills for other classes, then you would need to create another skill type for engineer. Yes, technically you could remove 1 skill of each type for engineer and then create new skills for a new skill type.... but then the question arises which skills to delete from the game. I think alot of people would be really mad if you just remove one of each skill type.

Personally, the only skill I could see getting replaced is Elixir R, since I am literally never using it. All the other skills fill a niche for me.And the most outrageous would be that we need to remove a kit from engineer. There is not a single one I can imagine people would be happy to see removed. And this would actually delete 5 skills from the engineer, not just 1.

I don't see it happening that they fill all the missing skill types for classes.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:Replace lich form with a spectral skill with grim specter effect when it ends the player gains 15% life force.As alternative an elite well that destroy projectiles incoming and inside chill and weaken enemies on low cd

Better yet, keep it as a spectral elite (as a completely new skill in keeping with the spectral theme), but then add all the missing skills on all professions - our elite well included.

Filling up all the missing skills won't happen as long as Anet doesn't want to create a completely new skill archetype for the engineer.Problem is that every other class has access to 5 different skill types, while engineer just has 4 (elixirs, turrets, gadgets, kits).

The only "missing" skill for engineers is an elite gadget, they have a complete set of every other skill type in their arsenal. And it would simply feel unfair if other professions get 1 new healing skill and 2 new elite skills, while the engineer just gets 1 new elite.

So either they just give every class 1 new elite, or they go all in and give engineer a new set.

Well never say never but for example engineer got the mortar kit added in 2015 so I'm all up for a new elite skills, also necromancer miss an elite signet, an elite well and even basic spectral heal. Anet should work on completing all the sets of utilies on all classes.Let's keep in mind also that engineer in the slots of utilities(not healing not elite) has 5 skills for each type: 5kits, 5 elixirs, 5 gadgets, 5 turrets while the rest of all the other classes only have 4 skills for each type. So if you create a 5th category for engineer should we just remove 1 for each category of them before granting new 4 skills or should we give 1 option more to all the classes on all the categories?

Mortar kit didn't get added, they reworked the mortar elite skill into a kit instead.And what I just mean is: the only thing they could do with reasonable amount of work would be to give every class 1 new elite skill, since this is also easily doable for the engineer by giving them an elite gadget.

If you want to fill all the missing skills for other classes, then you would need to create another skill type for engineer. Yes, technically you could remove 1 skill of each type for engineer and then create new skills for a new skill type.... but then the question arises which skills to delete from the game. I think alot of people would be really mad if you just remove one of each skill type.

Personally, the only skill I could see getting replaced is Elixir R, since I am literally never using it. All the other skills fill a niche for me.And the most outrageous would be that we need to remove a kit from engineer. There is not a single one I can imagine people would be happy to see removed. And this would actually delete 5 skills from the engineer, not just 1.

I don't see it happening that they fill all the missing skill types for classes.

You are right I forgot about the rework.The reason why I proposed an elite skill was exactly that. If you follow the rule of let's fill up all gaps of missing type of skills you end up in weird places like the engineer one(not to even mention revenant that can't even choose his non weapon skills). And in my opinion even if I would fill up all the categories why add a new one to engineer when every class has 20 skill of utilies, that would be a big inbalance towards other classes. So i reiterate that's why I suggested, in my original post, a Lich form rework(which btw it's why there's this thread) or an elite well as an alternative, no other skill that wasn't an elite.

IDK why players in PvP think Lich is OP. Could someone please explain why, on spotting the transform into Lich they cannot disengage for 10 sec? Lich is huge, has mobility issues, and all but Lich skills are locked out of play. Maybe its damage is still good but who would not avoid or kite a short, powerful elite skill until it ended and take advantage of its long cool down?

@Anchoku.8142 said:IDK why players in PvP think Lich is OP.Because they suck at the game.

There is no hidden logic in that argument. They just suck. The moments you face some of these people in-game do enlighten you. It's incredible how bad they are often at the game. Skill clickers, keyboard turners, random dodgers, never looked at the lich mechanic and skill set... and so on... But no one can stop them from posting their stuff in the forum.

Lich form seriously need to be looked at. Oh wait, everytime it's looked at it pretty much vanishes again!Lich form is flawed by design! Lich form in its current iteration only means this: Spam 1. People hardly care or have the time to bother with any other skill because Anet's way of balancing it is to make the duration shorter and shorter.

• 1 month later...

@"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:I only saw Lich used once ina veryyy long time. I admit that as I was not expecting it I lost, but next time I melted them. Lich was decent at first but after nerfs it isn't. Maybe those complaining it needs nerfed or removed should just git gud.

I think you've missed the part of Necromancers wanting it removed so they can have something they actually want to use. This isn't about it being "too good", it's about an outdated and clunky elite existing that should have been updated long ago.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:I only saw Lich used once ina veryyy long time. I admit that as I was not expecting it I lost, but next time I melted them. Lich was decent at first but after nerfs it isn't. Maybe those complaining it needs nerfed or removed should just git gud.

I think you've missed the part of Necromancers wanting it removed so they can have something they actually want to use. This isn't about it being "too good", it's about an outdated and clunky elite existing that should have been updated long ago.

Personally, i hate the huge delay of use and its really unbalanced either its too op so it gets nerfed or its irrelevant. What if some of it replaces our core shroud in some way?

• 3 weeks later...

Though Not a strictly power based elite option ...

GRENTH'S BALANCE: Use spectral magic to level the field, pulsing magic to enemies and allies around you. (NOT a transform. Necro has enough problems losing access to skills.)

Duration: 10 secs Cooldown: 90 secs

Pulse 1 Stability every 2 secs for 2 secsHealth above 50%: Pulse Retaliation and Fury to nearby alliesPulse Poison and Cripple to nearby enemiesHealth below 50%: Pulse Protection and Regen to nearby alliesPulse Vulnerability and Blindness to nearby enemies

The balancing would have to get worked out, but something like this could be fun, nicely themed, and a great reference to GW1. (I had an idea more in line with the original but seemed too complicated and open to abuse.)

Edit: totally forgot about reaper of grenth lol.... but anyway change the name I guess. /sadface