Verdant Brink hidden POI's?

GW Noob.6038

I need to find the last hidden POI in Verdant Brink. I just found the one in The Doomteeth...anyone know where the last on is?

Edit: I found the missing POI. It was the 'Last Leap' POI up in the canopy. Not sure why it wouldn't flash like the rest of them when I passed my cursor over them in the map summery, but whatever! What I did to find it was I systematically used every chopper til I found the right one.

Two maps down, two to go.

• Like 3

Try to set you content guide (Option -> General Options) to "Hide Events and Personal Story"That should at least show you roughly where your missing points are.Just roughly in this case because it doens't take the different layers of the map into consideration.

Another things that could help, if you open the map, hover over PoI in the area that shows your map completion progress. That should highlight them shortly if it is in a part of the map that is already uncovered.

@"Ronan.9518" said:Try to set you content guide (Option -> General Options) to "Hide Events and Personal Story"That should at least show you roughly where your missing points are.Just roughly in this case because it doens't take the different layers of the map into consideration.

Another things that could help, if you open the map, hover over PoI in the area that shows your map completion progress. That should highlight them shortly if it is in a part of the map that is already uncovered.

They are hidden. Hovering over them in the map summery won't help.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@"Ronan.9518" said:Try to set you content guide (Option -> General Options) to "Hide Events and Personal Story"That should at least show you roughly where your missing points are.Just roughly in this case because it doens't take the different layers of the map into consideration.

Have you tried changing the content guide?If you set it to what i said above it should show you where the parts of the map are that you haven't uncovered yet.Just keep in mind that it doesn't take the layers (Ground level or upper level where you get with the helicopters during night) of the map into consideration.

edit: Just in case: the content guide is that arrow-thing in the top right corner.

@Stitch.1794 said:Check the canopy? If I had to guess, those are the most likely ones to be missed.

If they are visible on the top layer then I' got them already. Do you have the one in The Doomteeth? If so, then you'll know what I mean by hidden...they are completely hidden from view, until you find the Super-secret passage that leads to them.

@Ronan.9518 said:

@Ronan.9518 said:Try to set you content guide (Option -> General Options) to "Hide Events and Personal Story"That should at least show you roughly where your missing points are.Just roughly in this case because it doens't take the different layers of the map into consideration.

Have you tried changing the content guide?If you set it to what i said above it should show you where the parts of the map are that you haven't uncovered yet.Just keep in mind that it doesn't take the layers (Ground level or upper level where you get with the helicopters during night) of the map into consideration.

edit: Just in case: the content guide is that arrow-thing in the top right corner.

I'm not accidentally missing them...these POI are deliberately hidden to prevent people from easily getting them - namely, people who are doing map completion for the purposes of crafting legendary weapons. So, if you don't know where they are it'll be impossible to find them by accident.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@Ronan.9518 said:Try to set you content guide (Option -> General Options) to "Hide Events and Personal Story"That should at least show you roughly where your missing points are.Just roughly in this case because it doens't take the different layers of the map into consideration.

I'm not accidentally missing them...these POI are deliberately hidden to prevent people from easily getting them - namely, people who are doing map completion for the purposes of crafting legendary weapons. So, if you don't know where they are it'll be impossible to find them by accident.

The only way a PoI can be "hidden" is if you haven't uncovered that part of the map yet...If you would have changed the setting of the content guide (to "Hide Events and Personal Story"), you would have seen that it not only shows into a direction of an not completed object but as well shows into a direction where you haven't uncovered an area yet.

Since we don't know which PoI is the one you're missing the last thing i could advice is, compare your map with the one on the wiki.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Verdant_Brink

edit: and before you asked if I ever completed the map: Yes, this particular map 16 times by now.

They’re most likely missing the one at the guild hall entrance. I’m not sure what the name of it was.

The above is assuming they’ve gotten the canopy completely revealed. This is based on my own experience from doing map completion 20+ times and see firsthand which points are easy to miss as they don’t show up on the map unless you go out of your way.

If the canopy isn’t completely revealed then people tend to miss the one at Pat or Frogs but more likely at Pat since nothing else takes you up there.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:They’re most likely missing the one at the guild hall entrance. I’m not sure what the name of it was.

The above is assuming they’ve gotten the canopy completely revealed. This is based on my own experience from doing map completion 20+ times and see firsthand which points are easy to miss as they don’t show up on the map unless you go out of your way.

If the canopy isn’t completely revealed then people tend to miss the one at Pat or Frogs but more likely at Pat since nothing else takes you up there.

The one at the Guild Hall entrance in The Doomteeth was one of the ones I was missing...someone who had recently got it PMed me when I inquired about it in map-chat. I'll recheck the canopy to see if I missed an entire area up there.

Doomsteeth is the only out of the way one.

There are two next to each other just under Wyvern Peaks (last Leap and Brooding Gluch) and one by the writing of Skyclaw Peaks. At least 2 of those I think are canopy ones.

Have you found the one in the Tangle? It's in the Creeping Crevasse area sort of in the middle of the air

edit: nevermind, I see you found it. I thought it might be the Last leap one

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Try this and select POI only, should be of help:

Very nice resource! The only problem is that the map is so small that I can't see the POIs on it. Is there a way of enlarging it to fill my screen?

No, you can't enlarge it, but - as I said before - you can select for it to only show the Points of Interest. :)

• 4 months later...

If anyone else is having this issue, for me it was Last Leap poi, it's in the canopy above and south-west of Brooding Gulch. The reason it doesn't appear on the map is because if you haven't been there it is technically in an unexplored area, however the shroud from that part of the map is removed when you explore the area below but the poi still remains invisible because it is in a separate unexplored area in the above canopy.

• 6 months later...

@"outdun.8793" said:If anyone else is having this issue, for me it was Last Leap poi, it's in the canopy above and south-west of Brooding Gulch. The reason it doesn't appear on the map is because if you haven't been there it is technically in an unexplored area, however the shroud from that part of the map is removed when you explore the area below but the poi still remains invisible because it is in a separate unexplored area in the above canopy.

It is in the "Canopy over Jaka Itzel" almost directly above "Brooding Gulch". There are helpful updrafts in the area, but you need to be in the canopy FIRST in order to access it.

• 2 years later...