New Feature: Toggle Aegis Visuals

MrKahwk.9524

Hi

I've been wondering what you think about being able to toggle on/off the aegis visuals only for yourself but not for others?

There have been arguments about the necessity for other players to see whether someone has aegis on them or not. Which I think is valid in PvP but with this solution there wouldn't be this issue.I've recently made The Binding of Ipos and the aegis just really takes away from the whole beauty of the legendary. Not only that, but also all other off-hand weapons are obscured by the aegis visuals.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that there would be a huge apprection to have an option to toggle on/off these visuals only for yourself.

If this doesn't get traction, I'll consider starting polls on the forums, reddit and other GW2-related social media platforms to show how many people really want this change.

What do you think?

i dont think a toggle is necessary really, i rather think the passive aegis of the courage virtue could work like, for example spotter (amongst other buffs).

Spotter is a buff that only activates in combat, has a duration and reapplies itself at an interval just after it's duration ends. Doesn't necessarily need to be as short of an interval as spotter, but i think if all courage virtues functioned like that it wouldn't be such a probelm. Now, this would have the side effect of having no aegis when combat starts which would effect competitive, but idk how much of an effect that'd have and whether it'd be a good effect or not if so.

Stop making a thousand threads about the same topic. We get it. You don't wanna see the aegis effect on your shiny armor. It is fine like it is. Get over it.We don't need a million option toggles for every single thing in this game. Might as well go play minecraft then.

Spotter is an offensive buff. Nothing you can do about that and it doesn't really affect you.Aegis is a defensive buff that blocks your attack completely. Some people need that visual tell. Especially since the boon bar is such a mess and we don't have custom addons to config what we wanna see to your liking. And you can't just show it in combat, since somebody might be or get out of combat before or during a fight.

You NEED to have a visual tell for aegis. I get it, that this is fashion wars for some of you, but primarily this is a game based on COMBAT.

• 3 weeks later...

I barely notice myself but that's me. To be honest as far as QQL improvements this is rather far down the list , I'm fairly sure that if there was an open debate/suggests for QQL improvements this issue might not even come up compared to others out there, I respect that it annoys you but I'm sorry to say I would not hold my breath waiting for it happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it cant be removed because some pro can se your arm and notice you have aegis, i know no one does that , you always look for it on the boons list, but besides that, they can perfectly make an option to disable aegis in NO COMBAT ZONES , it ruins all shields skins.