Your entitlement to my LFG requirements

Dungeons, strikes, raids - you name it, you literally have no power over me putting whatever I want in the LFG as long as it within the ToS. Every now and then some sad frog joins my squad or whispers me whenever I put up high-req LFG. Getting mad over the fact that I put my own LFG and have people join it anyway, baffles me. Nobody is forcing You to join it. You can literally make your own LFG with requirements You see fit. If I put 1k LI for raids and have people join it or 250 LI for all strikes run - It's none of your business. Make your own all welcome LFG have fun in the game the way you prefer. Thank you (:

• Like 1

@Krzysztof.5973 said:Dungeons, strikes, raids - you name it, you literally have no power over me putting whatever I want in the LFG as long as it within the ToS. Every now and then some sad frog joins my squad or whispers me whenever I put up high-req LFG. Getting mad over the fact that I put my own LFG and have people join it anyway, baffles ms. Nobody is forcing You to join it. You can literally make your own LFG with requirements You see fit. If I put 1k LI for raids and have people join it or 250 LI for all strikes run - It's none of your business. Make your own all welcome LFG have fun in the game the way you prefer. Thank you (:

State of the game in 2020: people actively whisper others to complain that they do not play the game in a specific way.

and they call raiders toxic...

@Teratus.2859 said:But at the end of the day, If you don't match what a LFG is looking for though just make your own.. it's not hard.

Exactly.

Nobody is someone else's performance slave. If a player/commander wants only pink asura with curly hair in his squad, that's his decision. If you don't have a pink asura with curly hair, make your own squad.

Instanced content brings out the worst in people, who would have guessed.

@Teratus.2859 said:I do find the ask requirements of raid drops for non raid content to be a bit amusing.

But at the end of the day, If you don't match what a LFG is looking for though just make your own.. it's not hard.

Basically this, live and let live.

Although frustrated when I wanted to give Raids a try, I've never felt the need to IM a person to complain about their requirements.

You're right. What you ask, is up to you. No Argument there.

The frustration was more towards trying to find a group that was doing a training. At times you could look for hours at the LFG and none showed up that welcomed unexperienced players.

I found a guild that took me in, and we did training runs.

In LFG there's no reason to get frustrated over anything Strike related when some ask for Raid Li.Reason being: it's just a minority of groups that ask that in Strikes.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:Instanced content brings out the worst in people, who would have guessed.

Indeed. It's so hard to find honesty and respect when it comes to instanced content. I guess it's easier to flood the forums with complaint posts

That has always been the case.Players that aren't happy with the game will visit the forums, since they have a reason to complain.Complaints about instanced content or the lack of it, complaints about the game being too easy/too hard, complaints about PvP, as well as players complaining about others not meeting their expectations in grouped content are a given.

But in the end those posts don't matter, since they don't actually reach their corresponding target, they're just there and rile up the people visiting the forums.

@"pninak.1069" said:yea I think dps meter were a mistake. It just leads to player behaving elitist. That's why I never gonna touch raids to begin with even though i know that they got tons of gw1 related content which gw2 players propably don't know about.

Players were "elitist" well before DPS meters were a thing. If Person A is claiming Person B to be an elitist for using DPS meters, chances are Player A would still be doing the same if they didn't exist but under a different reason.

You can do whatever you want, I won't complain. Besides I have finished Envoy a long time ago.That said I still find high LI reqs rediculous. Asking for more than 250 LI is a total waste and is pure elitist overkill.

I remember countless groups with high LI requirements that played like toddlers, failing at the easiest bosses and repeating the same mistakes, wasting every good player's time and good will.

Anything above 150 LI is absolutely meaningless, but yeah. You can ask for 1 LI, 250 LI or 9999 LI, it's none of my business.

@Clyan.1593 said:You can do whatever you want, I won't complain. Besides I have finished Envoy a long time ago.That said I still find high LI reqs rediculous. Asking for more than 250 LI is a total waste and is pure elitist overkill.

I remember countless groups with high LI requirements that played like toddlers, failing at the easiest bosses and repeating the same mistakes, wasting every good player's time and good will.

Anything above 150 LI is absolutely meaningless, but yeah. You can ask for 1 LI, 250 LI or 9999 LI, it's none of my business.

In raids, party with 250li is usualy very bad. Not that 250li players are usless but that they are not experianced to react to mistakes of others yet. And with 250li player, mistakes will happen. If you want a party that you can depend on, then you shoul ask for 1000li. Its sad but it is the truth.

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:Although frustrated when I wanted to give Raids a try, I've never felt the need to IM a person to complain about their requirements.

The frustration was more towards trying to find a group that was doing a training. At times you could look for hours at the LFG and none showed up that welcomed unexperienced players.

In LFG there's no reason to get frustrated over anything Strike related when some ask for Raid Li.Reason being: it's just a minority of groups that ask that in Strikes.

Seems worthless to do strikes when you raid, unless you trying to get runic armor yowza!

To be honest, it’s not even worth doing strikes at all unless you want something that is specifically locked behind them than you cannot acquire by other means.

Edit: After reading the OP again, this is deviating entirely from what they had written about. If any of the people want to discuss this further then create another thread for it as I won’t respond further on this topic.

@Aridon.8362 said:

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:Although frustrated when I wanted to give Raids a try, I've never felt the need to IM a person to complain about their requirements.

Seems worthless to do strikes when you raid, unless you trying to get runic armor yowza!

Its worthless to do strikes, raids or anything if you dont include the fun

@Aridon.8362 said:In that same light I see most of the groups who put too specific requirements actually waste more time and fail more so it's a double edged sword your slicing with.

It is still their choice, and their LFG. Why is it so hard to respect that? You do not have to agree with someone's LFG - just make your own that suits YOUR needs. I agree that some LFGs seem oddly specific or unreasonable, but no one is forcing you to join them. If they waste time, that is on them and is not your concern in any way.

I personally ask people to tell their favourite color or link an item upon joining just to see if they read my LFG. If they did not, I kick them out. I think that if they put in the effort to read my LFG post, perhaps they will also listen incase I need to explain anything.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:To be honest, it’s not even worth doing strikes at all unless you want something that is specifically locked behind them than you cannot acquire by other means.

Strikes are actually decently rewarding for the time spent. The full run is very fast to do and you have a chance for getting some rarer drops. Sure, it's no t4 fractals, but it does not take that much time to get something out of it, and it is a lot more fun than just running meta trains for some of us.

Also you can make ascended armor with the crystals, which is another alternative route for people getting their gear.

@Cerioth.7062 said:

@Aridon.8362 said:In that same light I see most of the groups who put too specific requirements actually waste more time and fail more so it's a double edged sword your slicing with.

It is still their choice, and their LFG. Why is it so hard to respect that? You do not have to agree with someone's LFG - just make your own that suits YOUR needs. I agree that some LFGs seem oddly specific or unreasonable, but no one is forcing you to join them. If they waste time, that is on them and is not your concern in any way.

I personally ask people to tell their favourite color or link an item upon joining just to see if they read my LFG. If they did not, I kick them out. I think that if they put in the effort to read my LFG post, perhaps they will also listen incase I need to explain anything.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:To be honest, it’s not even worth doing strikes at all unless you want something that is specifically locked behind them than you cannot acquire by other means.

Strikes are actually decently rewarding for the time spent. The full run is very fast to do and you have a chance for getting some rarer drops. Sure, it's no t4 fractals, but it does not take that much time to get something out of it, and it is a lot more fun than just running meta trains for some of us.

Also you can make ascended armor with the crystals, which is another alternative route for people getting their gear.

You get more G/hr elsewhere which was my point. Let’s also not kid ourselves that the average player will be in a group that can clear them all quickly (if at all).

Edit: After reading the OP again, this is deviating entirely from what they had written about. If any of the people want to discuss this further then create another thread for it as I won’t respond further on this topic.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

To be honest, it's not even worth playing guild wars unless you enjoy the game, same goes for strikes.

Actually that’s not entirely true. Without rewards, a lot of content would not be played or played repeatedly. Content being fun is important but players have been shown to play ‘un-fun’ content so long as there’s a carrot.

There is a lot of content in the game that people have said was fun yet they no longer play them because they’ve obtained all of the rewards/achievements.

If you’re trying to make gold, you’re better off doing something else than strikes. If you’re trying to get ascended armor, you’re better off doing something else than strikes. The majority of players still struggle with a boneskinner and even more struggle, or cannot even complete, the whispers boss. The amount of crystals that you get is so small compared to what you would have gotten had you dedicated that time elsewhere for whatever your end goal is. Yes, strikes can be fun but that fun only lasts for so long and usually tends to diminish faster than the rewards.

@Cerioth.7062 said:

Hey don't get my statement twisted I'm not saying not to ask for more requirements that's anyone's choice to do so. Sheesh. :angry: