Looking for friends! (updated)

Howdy!

Instead of making a new post, I thought I'd update this pretty old one. I'm in the EU megaserver (and Ruins of Surmia is my home atm).

So, I'm back at the game again and would love to find new friends to play with :). If you already checked this post previously, but I was inactive, please feel free to be in contact again. Anyways, I'm soon-to-be 29 year old female from Finland and I love playing MMORPGs from time to time and Guild Wars 2 is one of the ones I always get back to eventually - like this time too. I'm posting on this forum, as I'm not necessarily looking for a guild (though that would be kinda nice too) but more like a few good friends to play the game with. I often find guilds too big and hard to make new friends at - if you know what I mean... You kinda get lost in the mass.

I'm very social (though as English is not my native language, I can be a little shy at first - I'll get over it soon enough and my English is perfectly fine) and generally a happy person. I do struggle with some mental health issues - that do not make me depressed or antisocial or anything like that - but that is why I can't work full-time and enjoy spending my freetime with games and stuff.

I enjoy PvE content the most - and I feel like a total noob at the game after taking a few months break from it. So don't expect me to be raid-ready straight away. I did do some raids back in the day, but was never good at it and probably the meta has changed and everything is different these days, huh? I don't aim to be the best player, I aim to have fun and relax. I have both DLCs. I do love to go on WvW sometimes, but I can't say I'm any good at that either. Smaller arena PvP is something I haven't tried much and doubt very much that I would enjoy.

Anyways, would you like a new friend to explore the game together? Some chill time? Someone to chat with while we play? Send me a message! You can add me in game (Opossumi.3725) or on discord (Possu#9378) - I speak English and Finnish :). I hope to see you in game!

Edited by Opossumi.3725
updating with new info

@TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:EU server as well :) I'd like to make some friends too, if possible. Playing alone is becoming more and more boring.

NA, so I'm no help to you guys, but having people to run around and do things with definitely makes the game more enjoyable. There are some game modes I probably wouldn't spend much time in on my own, but they're fun if you bring a friend!

Regarding that raid content...Would saying that i plan to drag you into cold, unknown wilderness, only to be thrown to 8 total strangers and that there is a voracious snake creature involved be a bad opener?if so then le't just go with "I do Whisper of Jormag for fun", there:>

Other then that i Just fly around on my personal dragon opening chests, lootinig stuff (while the peasants below tremble at thought of it flying down and eating/roasting them), or go into heart of the jungle cause what's a better place to take a friend to then wildreness full of carnivorous saurians, chak hives and dragon minions along with mind controlled sylvari? Obviously there is none, that was a rethorical question:)

Putting these two family-friendly activities aside I also enjoy experimentation with poo...fortunate souls nearby occasionally falling pre...in love with such opportunity to make progress happen!I truly don't know how come you're not my friend already, but my ingame name is shown here, so just send a message (providing your next of kin therein) and we can be besties:)

@Satu Kuoleman Tuoja.5149 said:I would love to make some friends, I just switched to American server. I'm 30, a mom of two little ones so I play gw2 while they nap ? never tried raids but wouldn't mind in order to unlock the road to legendary armor.

Ah, you just switched to the wrong server :(. I'm on EU. Otherwise I think we could've made really nice friends, I'm a mom too and apparently you are a fellow Finn (at least according to your nickname?) :) If you ever decide to switch back to EU, I'd be happy to be your buddy :)

@Dormouse.6217 said:Hi! As it is, i'm just about to take a couple of weeks off from the game as I'm moving house. But add me in game, i think we could team up to kick some dragon butt! (or whatever else takes your fancy) I'm on EU. I'll add you if i get a chance to log in today!

I added you in game :). Hope to catch you online once you've moved. Good luck with moving! I just moved houses too!

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:Regarding that raid content...Would saying that i plan to drag you into cold, unknown wilderness, only to be thrown to 8 total strangers and that there is a voracious snake creature involved be a bad opener?if so then le't just go with "I do Whisper of Jormag for fun", there:>

Other then that i Just fly around on my personal dragon opening chests, lootinig stuff (while the peasants below tremble at thought of it flying down and eating/roasting them), or go into heart of the jungle cause what's a better place to take a friend to then wildreness full of carnivorous saurians, chak hives and dragon minions along with mind controlled sylvari? Obviously there is none, that was a rethorical question:)

Putting these two family-friendly activities aside I also enjoy experimentation with poo...fortunate souls nearby occasionally falling pre...in love with such opportunity to make progress happen!I truly don't know how come you're not my friend already, but my ingame name is shown here, so just send a message (providing your next of kin therein) and we can be besties:)

:D Haha, this is the best introduction I've ever seen. Please be my buddy :D! I added you as a friend in game. And please tell me you are on the EU server, yes? Otherwise I'm unable to play with you :(

I have had this game since it launched but haven't really played properly until starting again a few days ago. I have 13 years experience in another mmo where I led guilds and helped new players but I no longer play. I am now myself a new player.

I have all the gw2 expacs, and boosted a Ranger to 80 but felt very lost with what I needed to do. Sand sharks are horrid ;(

The path of fire missions I found very rough - last one I completed was "Night of Fires"

I unlocked my Raptor mount (wondering if I should push this character to unlock more mount fuctions for alts?), then went and made a few alts and am trying to decide which one to push map completion on.

I have a friend I brought to the game and we love to have a laugh so looking for people like that.. not over serious (have enough of that in real life).

I can voice after 9pm uk time.. feel free to add me. I am female 42 from the uk but have a disabled child so may have to go at a moments notice if she wakes :)

@Satu Kuoleman Tuoja.5149 said:@Opossumi.3725I'm not a Finn but I have admired the country, language and food for a long time. I'm still a very low level beginner in Finnish but I think it's an absolutely beautiful language. ?

Haha, someone likes our language? xD Even though it's so hard. :D Shame you are on the wrong server, I could've helped you with your Finnish :pensive:

@"Anna.7932" said:I have had this game since it launched but haven't really played properly until starting again a few days ago. I have 13 years experience in another mmo where I led guilds and helped new players but I no longer play. I am now myself a new player.

I have all the gw2 expacs, and boosted a Ranger to 80 but felt very lost with what I needed to do. Sand sharks are horrid ;(

The path of fire missions I found very rough - last one I completed was "Night of Fires"

I unlocked my Raptor mount (wondering if I should push this character to unlock more mount fuctions for alts?), then went and made a few alts and am trying to decide which one to push map completion on.

I have a friend I brought to the game and we love to have a laugh so looking for people like that.. not over serious (have enough of that in real life).

I can voice after 9pm uk time.. feel free to add me. I am female 42 from the uk but have a disabled child so may have to go at a moments notice if she wakes :)

I added you :). I would love to make friends with you. I'm not too serious, can be at times, but know how to laugh too. Also, Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns story chapters are so much more fun with a friend and easier too. For the expansions I highly recommend looking up a build and following it to the best of your ability. Makes it a little bit easier when you have a little bit more optimized character. You might have done that already though...

My first ever character was a ranger :). I love them so much. Atm I'm playing a guardian and a warrior for a change.

@Opossumi.3725 said:I added you :). I would love to make friends with you. I'm not too serious, can be at times, but know how to laugh too. Also, Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns story chapters are so much more fun with a friend and easier too. For the expansions I highly recommend looking up a build and following it to the best of your ability. Makes it a little bit easier when you have a little bit more optimized character. You might have done that already though...

My first ever character was a ranger :). I love them so much. Atm I'm playing a guardian and a warrior for a change.

I had no idea the story chapters could be done with others! I am quite impressed I actually got through it.

The ranger was a free boost, but the gear/build is picked for you.

I am levelling a Power Minion Master Necro atm also a Power Revenant. I have imported builds for both :)

I look forward to chatting to you - thanks for adding me :)

@tampss.2540 said:Feel free to add me if you want just to talk to someone or do some stuff in game :D

Added :). Looking forward to seeing you in game.

@Anna.7932 said:

@Opossumi.3725 said:I added you :). I would love to make friends with you. I'm not too serious, can be at times, but know how to laugh too. Also, Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns story chapters are so much more fun with a friend and easier too. For the expansions I highly recommend looking up a build and following it to the best of your ability. Makes it a little bit easier when you have a little bit more optimized character. You might have done that already though...

I had no idea the story chapters could be done with others! I am quite impressed I actually got through it.

The ranger was a free boost, but the gear/build is picked for you.

I am levelling a Power Minion Master Necro atm also a Power Revenant. I have imported builds for both :)

I look forward to chatting to you - thanks for adding me :)

Yeah, story instances can be done with friends. You have to be on the same map when you start the instance and then your party members can click join.

You can change your ranger's build to your pleasure. You can also buy or get a new set of gear for them, if the current one doesn't work for your wanted build.

Remember to add me in game too, so you can see when I'm online :). I hope to meet you soon in game!

• 1 month later...

Hey idk if you're still looking for ppl to play with but you can add me if you want. Im EU and I have been playing for 2 years I have both expansions but i still haven't finished HOT or POF story. I'm also female and I just started my first year in uni And and fyi my first language isnt English.I've been trying to find ppl to play with, hopefully you can add me!

@amy.1803 said:Hey idk if you're still looking for ppl to play with but you can add me if you want. Im EU and I have been playing for 2 years I have both expansions but i still haven't finished HOT or POF story. I'm also female and I just started my first year in uni And and fyi my first language isnt English.I've been trying to find ppl to play with, hopefully you can add me!

Hi! I can help/play with you time to time (EU too) :)You can add me ig if you want

Hi I'm playing on EU too. I'm relatively new, only started about two months ago. I have a lv80 Ele that's kinda my main, a lv80 Mesmer that I'm not too sure what I want to do with (XD), a lv65 Engi that I'm levelling and trying to prep for raid, and a lv3 Guardian that I made because I had an itch to create another character. I have both expansions, LW3 and LW4, and I'm trying to get started on getting the griffon/skyscale though I'm very daunted to do that alone. Having a friend to play with would be great and I'm also up for map exploration (only my ele has 100% core Tyria and even she hasn't fully explored all the newer maps) or low-tier fractals, so feel free to add me ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i know I'm a bit late but have recently been pining to come back to the game. I have been playing on and off for the past couple years but haven't had a solid continuous term of playing as i prefer playing with others and i don't know anyone who is willing to pick it up and play with me. (hence why I've ended up here) I got introduced to GW2 by a friend (who presently doesn't have the time to play anymore) and had since pretty much only played when they were on.

I play a necromancer and have on another character finished the story up to around the end of POF but am willing to go through it again with others as well as generally just have some fun and do whatever. My latest mission had been to get the skyscale mount as it looked awesome but got a little burnt out after realizing how long it would take to acquire all the map currencies needed for the saddle and have since taken a couple months break. I've had some limited experience throughout the game with exception in regards to some of the more challenging/end game stuff. (Raids etc)

Not the biggest fan of PVP but could be persuaded to give it a shot i suppose but don't expect me to do so well haha. I feel like I'm in a similar boat to OP just looking for some folks to play with who enjoy playing... rather than a hardcore guild who demand high levels of play at all times and long term commitments to guild participation.

I'm on EU servers too and generally have free time in the afternoon/evenings (I'm in the UK) where i normally spend time gaming so can devote time to gw2 if i had some people that would play with me :) fine to join discord and chat but haven't really ever branched out to strangers before to play more long term but nothing ventured nothing gained right? If anyone is keen then add me and hopefully i won't be too much of a disappointing noob! haha

If you gusy wanna still meet new friends, don't hesitate to add me in game I'm always looking for new people to play with.I'm a 35yo female player currently light farming heart missions for my skyscale.

I'd love to raid and run fractals to from time to time (can't really commit as I'm raiding in another game already)

Lookign forward to hear from you ingame, otherwise I'll add you (I'm sure you have tons of new friends by now :smiley: )

Cheers o/

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! Thanks for all the responses! I'm a bit late to message you all back, cause I've been tad bit antisocial (the quarantine has been getting to me). But I'm getting back on track with my social life, and would love to play more GW2 too! If you still want to play, send me a message or something. I'm so sorry this comes so late... I feel a bit ashamed of myself for not keeping up with all the social stuff. I've had a break from GW too, so I'm a bit out of practice, but I'm trying to learn it again :D. Hope to hear from you!

(btw. if you tried to send me a friend request on discord, could you tell me your discord name first? I've been getting a lot of weird friend requests lately and I don't want to get trolled by some random peeps out there... xD)

• 2 weeks later...