Deathstrike in dire need of chill again. (1 second is all it takes.)

Shao.7236

Title, this skill is an inconsistent mess that misses more often than it can hit because of simple movement. At best Quickness does help, but it's ridiculous to ask always having Quickness constantly.

Axe to the contrary is "weaker" but only slightly and still has a lower cooldown with unblockable factor, the CC is more useful than the weakened sword 4 that is extremely telegraphed even with Quickness and immobilize on is extremely ineffective as people are found evading in the middle of it even after the first hit which should not be possible, perhaps it's lag but in that regard makes the skill terrible also. Being that Axe is also somewhat easier to evade still is going to reliably hit more often than the current Deathstrike, which shouldn't be a thing.

Off-hand Sword honestly has lost a lot of it's usefulness and became more of a buggy mess like hammer after a few patches, restoring what it used to be prior to chill (slow is welcomed but not necessary.) would greatly help gathering it's image and relevance back.

I have a few suggestions for OH sword :

Deathstrike could be reworked into a flip skill instead :Part 1 will shadowstep and gain FuryPart 2 will be the strike

Skill goes into reduced cooldown if strike isn't used.

This will at least let players control their strike if they wish and allow them to hold it back if the target happens to throw up a block or something.This will also allow Revs to use Deathstrike's Shadowstep and put it into reduced cooldown if they are using it purely for mobility/escape.

Shackling Wave needs the riposte function back, nuff said.

The riposte should instantly immobilize a character attacking in melee range for the full Shackling Wave punish.If attacked from range, it will continue blocking, similar to skills like Warrior OH Sword.

you gotta elabolate more if you wanna buff the most op thing on revif you miss it, its on you and chill isnt gonna help landing a 1/4 strike - besides that you can press f1 for either chill or quickness what everyone does already

if anything this skill should be deleted so we (maybe) stop seeing 2-3 revs per team

Old Deathstrike had chill so it could hit, now people that lag or are being hit from the tip of the hitbox can avoid the skill by moving away which avoids unwillingly even if you are following the same direction. It's even worst when they have swiftness or rune of the speed, superspeed can surely get away with it but by design it had Chill and Slow for a reason because they knew the old skill short range would introduce problems, it's not like it was HARD to avoid when it didn't have this broken inconsistent cast speed that desyncs 8 times out of 10 because of it's SLOWER cast which was WAY more graceful.

@Koen.1327It's like you don't read the OP. What other skill requires chill or quickness to actually land reliably anyway, Warrior sword 3 is more viable takes the least effort. The old Deathstrike was better and it's obvious you don't know how it was to think that the latter will be OP when you can see and counter Revenants from a mile away here still. They screwed that skill over too much, I shouldn't have to deal with the fact my skill will always miss by mere movement because I haven't impaired or had any buffs, Ranger can Maul away at 220 units which is further than the animation shows, 1 second of Chill isn't going to ruin your life if you can at least keep yourself from wasting every dodge and sustain skill when one Revenant still hasn't used it.

if you miss it, its on you and chill isnt gonna help landing a 1/4 strike - besides that you can press f1 for either chill or quickness what everyone does alreadyNobody does that, I'll make this event my century discovery if that even happens and only HERALD has Chill.

@DonArkanio.6419Revenant isn't Warrior where they get 10 different alternatives, Revenant has always been about covering a broad amount of options in one weapon set because that's how it was supposed to be in the past and no even with 2 weapon sets, that hasn't changed because the only thing someone could ever reliably run is a sustain set in it's second slot. Anything else is entirely PvE and unreliable in any form of teamfighting as slight focus puts at a disadvantage.

@Koen.1327 said:? i mean f1 is used to enhance your bursts of which deathstrike is the stongest skill, nobody does this?anyway it was nerfed for a reason and its still too strongrev the strongest spec atm and you ask for buffs lol

Asking for the old deathstrike means slowing down the cast time back to it's original delay, that's not buffing that's reworking the skill in a more healthy state. Removing everything with a sped up animation was mistake.

I would ask a full return to off hand block instead. With no ranged weapons (hammer and short bow are useless, and that last one requires Renegade which will be ditched instantly by everyone as soon as the next spec arrives) the class begs/waits hopelesness for a mobile block.

@Buran.3796 said:I would ask a full return to off hand block instead. With no ranged weapons (hammer and short bow are useless, and that last one requires Renegade which will be ditched instantly by everyone as soon as the next spec arrives) the class begs/waits hopelesness for a mobile block.

Axe being a whole lot more useful than Sword now, yeah. The 4th skill is not really useful in anyway other than filling some minor damage in with HUGE delay and the immobilize is pathetically useless. It would be way more useful as how Duelist Preparation was, except keeping it's damage and delay in if people care at all because all I care is for the blocking factor and Immobilize actually working and Deathstrike being useful again as a skill that doesn't need any auxiliary input to work in simple opportunities.

Having it easier to evade will stop people from complaining about it as well.

To quote the Wiki for those who didn't know.

• Axe — Focuses on applying conditions and hindering enemy movement. Works well with Legendary Demon Stance.
  • Shield — Defensive weapon used to help survivability for you and your allies. Works well with Legendary Dragon Stance. (Herald specialization only)
  • Sword — Delivers high burst damage, along with immobilize, chill, and slow. Works well with Legendary Assassin Stance.

Sword jokingly has no delay which makes it stupidly clunky to work legend swap, has the least viable burst of the two because of the inconsistencies that requires outside help, does absolutely none of what makes the skills useful in a vacuum for other purposes aside the Shadowstep which still can no valid path after it's use.

Shield is laughably more useful than Sword Off-Hand because of the new Chilling Isolation that can be casted more often than Deathstrike and deal similar amount of damage with the chance of actually working because it's an AoE Chill of just 1 second per hit.

Axe has predictable delay, can CC (Condition Damage is also meaningless on it.), hits for a similar amount, is unblockable, Chills and Slow, final hit can miss sometimes but that's due to positioning and not someone moving 2 inches away from you.

Adding more insult to the injury, you can buff the damage of both Chilling Isolation and Frigid Blitz with Sigil of Opportunity which then outclasses Deathstrike.

Off-Hand Sword is a dead weapon that people carry nostalgia with, just like Hammer. There was already little options to be had and now even less.

Revenant is not going to get Mid-Range options without a e-spec that nullifies it's ability to exceed at close range, because it IS the strongest duelist around if you don't count the specs that haven't been nerfed yet.

I think you are a bit salty about that OH Sword. From the very beginning I've been saying that OH Sword is a straight ripoff of the Axe, but on steroids - now it is not - because they don't share the same Condis.

Shiro, OH Sword and Hammer (all power weapons), were nerfed so many times and that tells something - it isn't the numbers, it's the mechanics that are problematic.I don't think Shiro S/S needs 3 gap closers, if it was designed with a clear purpose. Look at Jalis - numbers did it justice. Shiro and both Swords feel as cheap as Renegade and SB at the moment, even if require a lot more skill.

And no, I still don't agree on the Chill on Deathstrike - there are other ways to ensure you hit. And I'm surprised you are asking for something like this in the first place.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:I think you are a bit salty about that OH Sword. From the very beginning I've been saying that OH Sword is a straight ripoff of the Axe, but on steroids - now it is not - because they don't share the same Condis.

Shiro, OH Sword and Hammer (all power weapons), were nerfed so many times and that tells something - it isn't the numbers, it's the mechanics that are problematic.I don't think Shiro S/S needs 3 gap closers, if it was designed with a clear purpose. Look at Jalis - numbers did it justice. Shiro and both Swords feel as cheap as Renegade and SB at the moment, even if require a lot more skill.

And no, I still don't agree on the Chill on Deathstrike - there are other ways to ensure you hit. And I'm surprised you are asking for something like this in the first place.

To call something a rip off is to claim one came first before the other, that's something nobody can prove. I already stated what can be done and yet that shouldn't be required for something so simple, isn't required for the majority of professions, shouldn't for this either. Why should Axe have a higher chance of success than Sword when it needs it the least to begin with? It's clear as day that it outclasses Sword even as a Power weapon, even Axe 4 can hit multiple targets with it's strongest hit as an unblockable while Sword 4 doesn't even compare in total damage and can be also randomly blocked.

There's no more skill implied into something that doesn't work because of mere movement from an opponent, especially if I waited for my opportunity knowing they have nothing to save themselves.

Because Chill and Slow are conditions doesn't mean that they don't belong on a Power weapon, that means Vulnerability doesn't have it's place, neither Immobilize should. These other ways shouldn't be mandatory because someone moved left or right even if I perfectly followed them. This is why Chill existed and the sped up skill still isn't enough to compensate for the lack.

@Virdo.1540 said:As power i rather take axe then sword.

Axe is definitely a great weapon right now for various reasons but OH Sword is able to stack 15+ Vuln on up to 5 people with Shackling Wave and Sword 5's Teleport which can be used to escape, my pick is still OH Sword.

We need more weapon options for real, or maybe another Power mainhand which rounds up the kit and compliments OH sword.

Or more OHs, both Condi AND Power.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:As power i rather take axe then sword.

Axe is definitely a great weapon right now for various reasons but OH Sword is able to stack 15+ Vuln on up to 5 people with Shackling Wave and Sword 5's Teleport which can be used to escape, my pick is still OH Sword.

We need more weapon options for real, or maybe another Power mainhand which rounds up the kit and compliments OH sword.

Or more OHs, both Condi AND Power.

vulvn isnt really a thing since everyone is loaded with cleanses now ^^ but yes, we need more weapons. Or at least mechanics like the trident (based on legends)

@Shao.7236 said:

@Buran.3796 said:I would ask a full return to off hand block instead. With no ranged weapons (hammer and short bow are useless, and that last one requires Renegade which will be ditched instantly by everyone as soon as the next spec arrives) the class begs/waits hopelesness for a mobile block.

Axe being a whole lot more useful than Sword now, yeah. The 4th skill is not really useful in anyway other than filling some minor damage in with HUGE delay and the immobilize is pathetically useless. It would be way more useful as how Duelist Preparation was, except keeping it's damage and delay in if people care at all because all I care is for the blocking factor and Immobilize actually working and Deathstrike being useful again as a skill that doesn't need any auxiliary input to work in simple opportunities.

Having it easier to evade will stop people from complaining about it as well.

To quote the Wiki for those who didn't know.
  • Axe — Focuses on applying conditions and hindering enemy movement. Works well with Legendary Demon Stance.
  • Shield — Defensive weapon used to help survivability for you and your allies. Works well with Legendary Dragon Stance. (Herald specialization only)
  • Sword — Delivers high burst damage, along with
    immobilize
    chill
    , and
    slow
    . Works well with Legendary Assassin Stance.

Sword jokingly has no delay which makes it stupidly clunky to work legend swap, has the least viable burst of the two because of the inconsistencies that requires outside help, does absolutely none of what makes the skills useful in a vacuum for other purposes aside the Shadowstep which still can no valid path after it's use.

Shield is laughably more useful than Sword Off-Hand because of the new Chilling Isolation that can be casted more often than Deathstrike and deal similar amount of damage with the chance of actually working because it's an AoE
Chill
of just 1 second per hit.

Axe has predictable delay, can CC (Condition Damage is also meaningless on it.), hits for a similar amount, is unblockable, Chills and Slow, final hit can miss sometimes but that's due to positioning and not someone moving 2 inches away from you.

Adding more insult to the injury, you can buff the damage of both Chilling Isolation and Frigid Blitz with Sigil of Opportunity which then outclasses Deathstrike.

Off-Hand Sword is a dead weapon that people carry nostalgia with, just like Hammer. There was already little options to be had and now even less.

Revenant is not going to get Mid-Range options without a e-spec that nullifies it's ability to exceed at close range, because it IS the strongest duelist around if you don't count the specs that haven't been nerfed yet.

I agree, they really sent offhand sword on a long spiral before killing it. I honestly preferred the old version of it after the shield nerfs. Grasping Shadows had similar range issues but it was nice to disengage with or actually pull someone away to use Precision Strike on.

They gradually buffed Shackling Wave's range and damage, then just yeeted the block and turned it into a one trick burst weapon. Now it's outclassed by axe, the supposed condi offhand that hits like a truck and does effectively no damaging condi without a trait and has a longer range port.

Honestly, if they just gave us Duelist's Preparation back, I'd be happy.