ArenaNet, Can you please undo the WvW Patch? That was more fun before

Kronan.6712

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:Dear ArenaNet please ignore this post. Wvw should not be about burning someone instantly

Neither it should be running around with an unkillable build that spreads condis faster than influenza virus.

It's not even a week after patch launch and I already saw something too cancerous to care anymore about condi wars 2: Condi bunker weaver: 27k health + barriers, 2500 armor, crazy healing, perma 25 might and perma protection, able to deal +7k ticks of burning...

This was a build before the patch and was harder to deal with before the patch as well soooo......

It's post patch. Anyway, it doesn't change that many power builds are way less appealing as their condi versions do similar or even more damage while being way more forgiving, making it much easier for people to get carried post patch than before.Soooo......

The build existed in an even more OP form before the patch is what you don't seem to understand. So now that the build is less OP, we need to go back to the worse version? Not sure I understand your logic. And now you are shifting to other unnamed builds, if you are going to claim something else, be specific, general QQing does no good. State what class, build, trait and/or skill that is the issue. There are going to be many over performing builds after the patch, everyone who reads the balance threads already knew this, and your reasoning that the burn weaver is the reason to revert the patch because it is to strong when the build had more sustain before the patch makes zero sense.

The build the guy was using didn't even use ToF, so his only stunbreak was Glyph, if the opponents actually used their brain and CC chained him, he is done for its not because the build is OP it's because people do not play to the builds weakness and just want to press 1 for ez win and when it doesn't happen the build is then OP and needs to be nerfed so everyone can just spam 1 and win

Also is 27k health even possible on Ele? the amazing healing came from his support tempest he had in the same party, 7k burn ticks is lul, its one condi and Eles cant cover the conditions as well as other classes so using a cleanse would of most likely saved you

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone saying game has worse balance now got carried by passives and skill spamming.

My build got nerfed quite significantly. Game is technically slower, yes. But now, bad players like those of you QQ'ing this thread, are much easier to kill cus you can't spam your skills anymore, and you're not being saved by passives.

BTW, someone called out fire weaver for dealing massive dmg.

HOW ABOUT.. OH.. IDK... YOU STOP LETTING HIM LAND ALL HIS DMG ON YOU?

What is dodging? What is blocking? What is kiting? CLEANSING CONDITIONS???? healing... CC ? Stealth? Clearly, someone got beat up by a better player and is now salty. L2P.

There are people who don't like the new balance patch? Played for the first time today and the improvement is beyond words.

Sure there's work to do. I think we all know the GvG arena should have WvW rules. Condi damage could be toned down a bit too. But this patch is a colossal step in the right direction.

Also warclaw nerfs. Anything that nerfs warclaw is a good thing in my book.

Also downstate really needs some work too.

WvW update is a step in the right direction.

What makes the update sour is that Anet doesn't let us test changes or anything in a PBE and we now have a slew of problems.

Condi is basically unchanged and reigning due to Power builds being unable to kill them anymore.

Stealth STILL not nerfed.

CC locking is a viable playstyle now because stability and Stunbreak nerfs.

Various builds ruined due to skill changes.

@Yasai.3549 said:WvW update is a step in the right direction.

What makes the update sour is that Anet doesn't let us test changes or anything in a PBE and we now have a slew of problems.

Condi is basically unchanged and reigning due to Power builds being unable to kill them anymore.

Stealth STILL not nerfed.

CC locking is a viable playstyle now because stability and Stunbreak nerfs.

Various builds ruined due to skill changes.

What exactly is wrong with cc lockdown builds tho? Considering CC skills now deal almost 0 dmg it seems fair to me. It's not like they have hammered down everyone's ability to run stunbreakers.

The question is dose full Marders cut it for power dmg vs say a cele sinstiers mix? That should be a good balancing point for wvw. As things stand i do not think it evens out. Anet needs to realy look into condi dmg as it stands or its going to get a lot worst. That or undo some of the power dmg nerfs.

@bigo.9037 said:

What exactly is wrong with cc lockdown builds tho? Considering CC skills now deal almost 0 dmg it seems fair to me. It's not like they have hammered down everyone's ability to run stunbreakers.

Yu are able to field way more CC which come up faster than someone can run Stunbreakers who can answer for it.

Some CC skills are also baked into Weapons and Profession mechanics.

Meanwhile, all sorts of Stunbreaks, from passive traits or from utilities, got a widespread nerf.

Result? Yu can now CC lock someone because yu can rotate two entire cooldowns of CCs before their Stunbreaks even come up.

As someone who has been abusing Kick Warrior in WvW and PvP, I know for a fact CC lockdown builds are a problem right now.All I do is chain Bull Rush into Kick into Shield bash into another Kick into Stomp into another Kick while weaving in some Axe autos and Axe 2s in between and just finish up with an easy Axe burst.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Yu are able to field way more CC which come up faster than someone can run Stunbreakers who can answer for it.

Some CC skills are also baked into Weapons and Profession mechanics.

Meanwhile, all sorts of Stunbreaks, from passive traits or from utilities, got a widespread nerf.

Result? Yu can now CC lock someone because yu can rotate two entire cooldowns of CCs before their Stunbreaks even come up.

As someone who has been abusing Kick Warrior in WvW and PvP, I know for a fact CC lockdown builds are a problem right now.All I do is chain Bull Rush into Kick into Shield bash into another Kick into Stomp into another Kick while weaving in some Axe autos and Axe 2s in between and just finish up with an easy Axe burst.

That build sounds hilarious.But.. I mean.. enemy has stunbreakers.. and dodges.. and blocks depending on class.. gap openers.. blinds.

I don't think we should be balancing game depending on how easy it is to rofl stomp noobs :)

From the Balance Patch Preview - WvW:

@Turkish Special Forces.7193 said:GJ ARENA NET ! you literally ruin the game no more fun in wvw servers are laggy everyone playing condi no talent begging for some1 to die their condi the game is just over for me I just bought pof 1 month ago if I knew what was gonna happen I would never buy the game...

I completely agree, this patch is a mess... and I am scare by this video https://www.twitch.tv/videos/558717619, only Zerg playing randomly, no scout, no roamer, no combo during the fights....The guild arena is still unplayable....

Considering how many times both developers and players have pointed out that the patch was a systemic balance patch and not a class balance patch it is getting quite entertaining to see all these threads continuing to pop up with people arguing about power and condi or whatnot.

Expect the next patch to contain condi nerfs, though perhaps more mechanic (class- and gear) oriented than systemic.Expect the next patch to contain CC nerfs (with potential power buffs, assuming weapons with multiple CC may be redesigned to single CC).Expect the next patch to contain stealth- or stealth-class utility nerfs (we are seeing a gravitation towards more thieves and less others at smaller scale).

It was pointed out several times before the big patch that balance was likely to temporarily become worse (following the small patches that dealt some positive band-aid nerfs leading up to the big patch). Take your nose out of your own build/class and corner of the box and try to understand what they are trying to do with the systems. They are laying a better foundation for everyone and most people are bound to like it better when it has settled in and had some polish. The only people who will likely not be satisfied in a slightly longer term are the people who were carried by OP stuff and want their goodies back. Some of those classes are also highly populated at different scales so they will make noise when they are brought down to size. The systemic stuff is the important stuff here though and a couple of months down the line (assuming Anet doesn't forget to work on their game again) there will likely be a better balance where less OP gimmicks cancel each other out for balance and more of a proper vanilla-like balance has been established.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:Considering how many times both developers and players have pointed out that the patch was a systemic balance patch and not a class balance patch it is getting quite entertaining to see all these threads continuing to pop up with people arguing about power and condi or whatnot.

Expect the next patch to contain condi nerfs, though perhaps more mechanic (class- and gear) oriented than systemic.Expect the next patch to contain CC nerfs (with potential power buffs, assuming weapons with multiple CC may be redesigned to single CC).Expect the next patch to contain stealth- or stealth-class utility nerfs (we are seeing a gravitation towards more thieves and less others at smaller scale).

So exactly how many months do we need to wait for this?

Fighting a non stop sea of burn guards and condi thieves doesn't suddenly become fun just because it might finally cease at some undefined point in the future

• 1 month later...

well, in my opinion, the patch did a lot of good things. But some things still need a tuning/hit with the nerf hammer.Engi bomb damage is insane. Hit one button and do more damage than all other classes on perfect and dangerous for themselves rotation.Warrior gunflame can still hit for 22k+ damage. WHAT?Daredevil vault - 10k. Per hit. Really needs to be tone down.Burngard - one reflect, an you are down from burning in a sec. WHAT?Rangers, long range shot, barrage, sic em, etc pp. Ranger damage needs a massive nerf all across the board.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:Engi bomb damage is insane. Hit one button and do more damage than all other classes on perfect and dangerous for themselves rotation.Don't forget the barrier generated at the same time, giving crazy self-sustain. Literally a W + 1 style of gameplay, so long as you have someone farting stability onto you, it makes Scourge gameplay look demanding.

Also Mortar kit hits way too hard for an aoe autoattack with no coolodown, bad enough it can be used far back from the ledge so you can safely bomb people building siege.

I mean, this is nothing compared to what the game was before pre-nerf, but all you have to do is see what people bandwagon to now that didn't see play before to spot more outliers.

+1 shotting is returning in full force (as their core roots were never resolved in the previous wvw patch), now every Professions can +1 shot except Necromancer Profession.

In other word, there is not point in asking to undo the wvw patch because it is undoing itself because as i stated, Anet never fixed their core root problems to begin with.

Implementing band-aid fixes' as repetitive solutions, will never resolve anything.....they always find their way back as the usual and balance history proves enough of just that

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:Engi bomb damage is insane. Hit one button and do more damage than all other classes on perfect and dangerous for themselves rotation.Don't forget the barrier generated at the same time, giving crazy self-sustain. Literally a W + 1 style of gameplay, so long as you have someone farting stability onto you, it makes Scourge gameplay look demanding.

Also Mortar kit hits way too hard for an aoe autoattack with no coolodown, bad enough it can be used far back from the ledge so you can safely bomb people building siege.

I mean, this is nothing compared to what the game was before pre-nerf, but all you have to do is see what people bandwagon to now that didn't see play before to spot more outliers.

As much as I agree with Bomb Kit and Mortar Kit doing high damage, I also think if either receive any nerfs it should be considered how poorly they both perform outside of zergs. Bomb Kit in particular is one of the worst kits in duels or small scale because of the risk involved in it's melee requirement and how easy it is to avoid with it's cast time and fuse duration. I understand 1 v 1's and small scale are a more niche area of WvW compared to large scale but that shouldn't rule out balance in those areas either.

Changing Bomb Kit so it doesn't count as "strike" damage would definitely help to reduce it's viability with Scrapper without harming Holo or core. I think that's all it needs even if it doesn't change how easy it is to use in groups. At least it will preserve it's potential outside of large scale fights by keeping it's melee power.

I just feel that nerfing the damage too much would be like giving Reaper 1k auto attacks in Shroud. It already has to risk being in melee range with easy to punish/avoid attacks, it should have the benefit of being dangerous to compensate for that or it becomes completely useless.

Or, Bomb Kit could be reworked to be entirely a Condition kit, but that would also mean buffing the Conditions it already applies and I get the feeling a lot of people wouldn't like that idea either.

I'm not even going to discuss Mortar Kit. It has an absurdly slow projectile arc that's almost constantly reflected in large scale and is entirely a utility kit in small scale/1 v 1. Sure, sometimes you can get away with lobbing them in to a group doing a bunch of damage when no one is reflecting, but I mean how often is that really a problem? I do this often and 99% of the time it only has any effect when a group is already wiping and I'm bombing the weak spots to put the survivors in down state. Besides that, I do more damage to myself on Retaliation/reflects or do none at all.

• 6 months later...