Strike Missions are going to end up like raids — mostly closed for new players.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

TL;DR:Some players are just as brain dead there as they are here. The moment something more complex is introduced into LFR which can not:

A.) be out performed via the stacking buffs one gets for wiping in LFR(aka more damage and healing)B.) requires a minor semblance of mechanical understanding and movementC.) can not simply be out geared (similar to A but now based on personal gear)

Players in LFR are lost and will not be able to complete the encounter. Streamlining will do only so much, but since players can't out gear content in this game (on top of the fact that correct gearing here will lead to extreme performance differences) even streamlining will not help address the core issues: players who want to raid in GW2 need to actually improve at the game.

You are probably right. I hard to conclude since I can't imagine to play like this. But look at 80% of the society... or watch Tiger King. Holy there are people, god bless this world.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:To be fair, the N'zoth fight in LFR has another layer of difficulty:Blizzard forgot to (or intentionally didn't) gate it behind the Legendary cloak, which is necessary for this fight.If they had gated it behind the cloak, people wouldn't suck
as much
in that fight.So what you are saying is, rather than trusting players have a knowledge of the fight, and the mechanics thereof, Blizzard should instead have hard coded the requirement for the cloak to just get to the boss? Kinda proving Cyninja's point there.

The point is, the cloak is crucial for a Mechanic, as the characters without it get instantly mind-controlled by a certain mechanic.Also, trusting people to know mechanics isn't something you should do in LFR. LFR is casual content.

Yesterday, I couldn't complete the boneskinner after starting an "anyone welcome" lfg - so I can sort of understand why people dislike fresh players.

The problems we encountered (repeatedly):

• The dps was ranged from okayish to barely tickles.
  • Everyone wants to dps.
  • The self designated healer/support takes dps weapons.
  • People didn't see the red circles on the floor.
  • We had to explain what "run clockwise" meant every time someone joined.
  • People scattered anticlockwise anyway, causing red circles to pop up everywhere.
  • The opposite was also true.
  • People died ressing people on red circles.
  • People ignored downed players not on red circles.
  • Necromancers (reapers) kept vollunteering to do torches, despite being slow and melee focused. The result? Dead reapers and no torches.
  • I winced every time a staff elementalist / lb ranger / gs mesmer started sniping without moving.
  • I don't speak Spanish.

Honestly though? Although I wouldn't call anyone friendly, nobody was toxic and most were at least willing to give strikes a few goes. I think completing a strike is a good milestone for players just getting their feet wet.

@"Westenev.5289" said:Yesterday, I couldn't complete the boneskinner after starting an "anyone welcome" lfg - so I can sort of understand why people dislike fresh players.

The problems we encountered (repeatedly):

• The dps was ranged from okayish to barely tickles.
  • Everyone wants to dps.
  • The self designated healer/support takes dps weapons.
  • People didn't see the red circles on the floor.
  • We had to explain what "run clockwise" meant every time someone joined.
  • People scattered anticlockwise anyway, causing red circles to pop up everywhere.
  • The opposite was also true.
  • People died ressing people on red circles.
  • People ignored downed players not on red circles.
  • Necromancers (reapers) kept vollunteering to do torches, despite being slow and melee focused. The result? Dead reapers and no torches.
  • I winced every time a staff elementalist / lb ranger / gs mesmer started sniping without moving.
  • I don't speak Spanish.

Honestly though? Although I wouldn't call anyone friendly, nobody was toxic and most were at least willing to give strikes a few goes. I think completing a strike is a good milestone for players just getting their feet wet.

Sorry to say, but one of the main reasons you failed is because you tried to do the mechanics. Boneskinner is terribly balanced and it's easier to just cheese it rather than to bother with torches. It's not a very good example compared to other strike missions and Anet need to rethink the fight, if they want fresh players to learn anything from it.

@"Westenev.5289" said:Yesterday, I couldn't complete the boneskinner after starting an "anyone welcome" lfg - so I can sort of understand why people dislike fresh players.Sorry to say, but one of the main reasons you failed is because you was not in 500kp/li group.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Westenev.5289" said:Yesterday, I couldn't complete the boneskinner after starting an "anyone welcome" lfg - so I can sort of understand why people dislike fresh players.Sorry to say, but one of the main reasons you failed is because you was not in 500kp/li group.

I do it in zero li group everyday

• 2 weeks later...

@lare.5129 said:

That makes no sense. Counting beans is not a measure of how successful a team will or won't be. The only reason they failed was because some portion of the group didn't know the mechanics or didn't know their class.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Boneskinner is heal spam and walking circles around him.

Yeah that's the cheapo cheese tactic brought on due to it's raid like difficulty.

In all honesty doing Boneskinner the way it's supposed to be done is way waaaay too hard for Strike mission content.Strikes are supposed to be easy introduction type content to raids, they're not supposed to be harder than raids and Boneskinner is harder than some raid bosses.It's giving people a false experience using the cheeseo healo tactic beacuse you can't do that in raids when a bosses mechanics get too annoying to deal with.

Laughs in VG greens, Gorseval blacks and Cairn greens with cheeseo heals and skill tactics.

@Obtena.7952 said:

That makes no sense. Counting beans is not a measure of how successful a team will or won't be. The only reason they failed was because some portion of the group didn't know the mechanics or didn't know their class.

Even if you know the mechanics or know your class, I still think it's a difficult encounter - if only because the healing cheese strategy has 10 people grouped together causing lots of stacking ground-based effects. This makes it somewhat difficult to spot red circles on the ground, and those red circles can cause a lot of upfront damage. Aegis doesn't really help here, since it's pulsing damage and players sometimes don't realise they're standing on a red spot until they're just about to take (or are taking) damage.

I also feel as though a lot of players trying strikes will either be playing unfamiliar builds or rotations, so they will have their eyes downcast to their keyboard and perhaps not be the most attentive to what's going on under that multicolored seizure.

The rewards from Strike Mission dailies are maxed to 3 per week. Last week, the dailies were Boneskinner x2, Whisper x2, Silverpeaks, Fraenir and Bears. Not sure if that schedule is consistent or anything, but looking at it, I sense a strategy here.

In any case, I've unlocked all the Warband weapon chests already, and I have no need for crystals for ascended items, so someone like me is going to be doing the minimal amount of strikes per weeks, solely because I don't feel like wasting time in groups that are wiping. If I had a guild/static group that knew their stuff, I would definitely do them daily for quick coin. But pugging Bonskinner or Whisper at this point? No interest.