Fractal CMs on Weekends...

Joined 3 groups yesterday. All of them were previously set up in LFG with around 100-150 KP requirement.Turned out all of them were fake.One dude died on every boss encounter within the first 5 seconds.In another group noone was doing CC except me.There also was a guy who kept killing us with his red skull, because he simply didn't understand what to do.

How annoying is that...!? I don't want to be a crybaby but it's grinding my gears losing so much time due to people like that.

One group even kicked me after I called them out, saying that "I should be careful with what I say".lol?

So is it just me or is it a real pain in the A to find a real group for Fractal CM on weekends?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Clyan.1593" said:Turned out all of them were fake.u can use https://killproof.me on group creation to prevent any fake kp. It will be longer, but if u during that open map or etc this "longer" is nor matter.

One dude died on every boss encounter within the first 5 seconds.kick or leave. Normal players not stay in this group and don't see reason make second try.

In another group noone was doing CC except me.hope u not bs or ala xD also good rule is bs not have 2 mace on swap do insta kick

to find a real group for Fractal CM on weekends?it is easy. but don't join in new non skilled group with low KP requirement. 100 is very low now. 250 is minimal, 500-750 is normal.

Very often the groups with the large kp requirements are made from ppl that dont meet said reqs but do so to bait in good players for an easy carry.

This also extends to raids, strikes and dungeons back when ap was the epeen resource.

The ideal way to play is to look for a group to do them consistently. There should be some discords or guilds available.

^ All that zealex said; plus, sometimes huge kp requirement is just a troll group. It's rare but it happens at times when people are bored.So just make your own group and require certain classes, as well as exp, food, pots. I barely have any amount of kp require and I find that those are one of the best groups I've had doing CMs.

What I've found is: once you reach 250+ KP, even if there is 1 player who faked his KP yet brings poor performance, that players gets either removed from group or I leave, but I rarely run PUG CM groups currently thanks to a lot of guildies who also run CMs+T$, and I have yet to leave a group due to 1 person. I have left groups with fake KP requirements, probably around 4-5 in the last 6 months (again mostly due to not running with PUGs that much atm).

Everything sub 250 KP works as follows:Most groups "round up" their KP. For example: If the average group KP is 50, if they will look for 75 or 100 KP. This will almost always be the case if the Firebrigade combo is of the same guild or searching together.

Guilds requiring 200kp+ while max one of them has the amount is the norm.Pug revs, hfb are most of the time useless leeches. Dhs very rarely know how to play. How often do you see a rev doing more than 5-6k dps? usually they autoattack only.Its not only on weekends but lots of players returned due to corona and it did horrible things to pugs.Even had a fractal god scourge disguised as reaper only to swap to scourge after one boss in a 250kp group.

My worst experiences were reset fractals. the worst ones are high kp + hfb. avoid those.

@Nephalem.8921 said:How often do you see a rev doing more than 5-6k dps? usually they autoattack only.the proper rotation for revmain priority - f4f2 (if fb slack might),sword 2 (if party have reapers)keep eliteand press 1 1 1 1 ONLY . Anything else is fail.not people a skilled enough to understand that. Read guides!

Even had a fractal god scourge disguised as reaper only to swap to scourge after one boss in a 250kp group.this is proper in good choose. Read guides again!

@lare.5129 said:....Please tell me you are trolling.

The proper rotation for rev includes sword 2,4,5 and icerazors ire and citadel bombardment all while providing alacrity and might. qfb cant give 25 might on its own, only hfb can.Kalla elite is not a dps tool. its sustain and heal which is already covered when you play with a hfb.Show me the guide that tells me to aa and elite only.

@Nephalem.8921 said:The proper rotation for rev includes sword 2,4,5 and icerazors ire and citadel bombardment all while providing alacrity and might.no. 1 1 1 is proper.

qfb cant give 25 might on its own, only hfb can.read 'if fb slack'. Also no one can grantee how random hfb, or qfb, or hybride, will stack might. More better not think but check - If not enough press f2, if 25 - not press.

Show me the guide that tells me to aa and elite only.I am a guide.

@lare.5129 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:The proper rotation for rev includes sword 2,4,5 and icerazors ire and citadel bombardment all while providing alacrity and might.no. 1 1 1 is proper.

qfb cant give 25 might on its own, only hfb can.read '
if
fb slack'. Also no one can grantee how random hfb, or qfb, or hybride, will stack might. More better not think but check - If not enough press f2, if 25 - not press.

Show me the guide that tells me to aa and elite only.I am a guide.

I think both of you are talking about different renegades in fractals.

Your rotation lare is basically the pleb rotation for people who barely understand their class or just want to somehow get through CMs and T4s. Nephalem's rotation is basically what a renegade can do if he is actually good at the game.

If you take a renegade only for boon remove and alacrity, yes just auto 1. Works fine for every group.

If you actually want to play the class properly, you will try to squeeze as much damage as possible from that group slot.

@"lare.5129" said:ofc I don not see any criminal, if on non-renegate stance before swap to main stance you eat energy and spam some sword 2 4 5 skills.But main rotation on main stance is 111111111

That's nonsense. What are you using the energy on Kalla exactly for? Soulcleave's Summit? Only needed in specific situations and not at all when a heal fb is present.

The main skills you use on Kalla are Icerazor's Ire for damage and Darkrazor's Daring for cc and stab. Otherwise you use Orders from Above for alacrity, Heroic Command for might (in case of no heal fb) and Citadel Bombardment for damage combined with weapon skills.

https://discretize.eu/builds/revenant/hybrid-renegadeHas a precise guide on how Alaren should be played ideally in 99CM and 100CM. Notice they only use Soulcleave's Summit on boss phases where damage is unavoidable or avoiding the damage would mean a huge uptime loss. That is without a heal Firebrand present. Suffice to say, if a heal fb is present, Soulcleave's Summit does not need to get used at all, ever.

@lare.5129 said:ofc I don not see any criminal, if on non-renegate stance before swap to main stance you eat energy and spam some sword 2 4 5 skills.But main rotation on main stance is 111111111

No it is not. You try to burst into breakbars with icerazor, shiro and citadel while trying to keep scholar with kalla elite. sometimes this means you can go full ham and sometimes you need high kalla uptime.I had a lot of fiesta runs where the ren did more damage than multiple dps players. Ren is one of the harder classes to play properly in fractals since you have to adjust rotation all the time to group dps.True you can 1111 all the time but thats true for all classes. a good ren can do so much more than f4, f2 and elite. Kalla elite is not the op super tool, it is indeed very good but high uptime isnt #1 priority. Having it up at right moments is much more valuable.

You dont wanna use the raid rotation in fractals which is this AA-spamming on Kalla and its completely depending on your group.Do you run without healer and you need to keep scholar up? There are 2 possibilities:

• Your group is fast: Youre using youre strongest skills to do as much DPS as possible to shorten the phase to a minimum. Kill it before it applies damage to you
  • Your group is not fast: you might upkeep kalla from time to time by playing more supportive

Rev doesnt only have one playstyle

@"Cyninja.2954" said:That's nonsense. What are you using the energy on Kalla exactly for? Soulcleave's Summit?ofc.

Only needed in specific situations and not at all when a heal fb is present.welcome in real world, where hfb can't keep 25 might, can't make good heal and don't know about stability. For skilled h/fb u should ask 2k KP.

https://discretize.eu/builds/revenant/hybrid-renegadeyes, it is perfect biuld and guide for ideal world. up !

@lare.5129 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:That's nonsense. What are you using the energy on Kalla exactly for? Soulcleave's Summit?ofc.

Only needed in specific situations and not at all when a heal fb is present.welcome in real world, where hfb can't keep 25 might, can't make good heal and don't know about stability. For skilled h/fb u should ask 2k KP.

yes, it is perfect biuld and guide for ideal world. up !

I'm sorry, not all of us play with 3 healers and low skill groups in T4 fractals.

You gave advice on how to play a class. That advice was trash, deal with it. If your goal post is to full-fill the bare minimum on alaren, then yes, giving alacrity and boon stripping while doing 3k dps will work. The class can do a lot more though, and good advice should reflect that.

Nobody says you have to do 15k dps on alaren, which top end groups do btw, but neither is accepting low tier performance or giving advice around that.

@Cyninja.2954 said:I'm sorry, not all of us play with 3 healers and low skill groups in T4 fractals.3 healers setup you mostly need only in common non cms group, wiht people who don't want do mechanic, they mostly just stand. cms people sometime move and do dodge, so 1 hfb and nurse suncleave alac is enough.

@lare.5129 said:

yes, it is perfect biuld and guide for ideal world. up !

actually site u posted has updated guide for 99 and 100 bosses. it no longer has false guide of 111 and ss ftw, which made this false assumption that ppl like u still keep. Basic rule of fractals: cc bar is broken, u deal as much dmg as u can. check this effect: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exposed_(effect)On the other side i dont want to say ss is useless. as i was comparing logs soulcealve summit on skorvlad p2 and p3 deals around the same dmg as impossible odds. it comes from the fact that everyone was using whole burst, and many procs occured(also rene using his skills ofc). which means that full party burst on non exposed boss is definitly worth it to have SS up, but only if rev is also pressing more buttons than "111", so if he has more than 50 base energy.Here u can check log of last sN enso kill. https://dps.report/BAEr-20200409-144821_enso If u see graph of p1, u can see rene peaked at 117k dps. he didnt just aa.Exposed is broken and you should abuse it as much as possible.

@Bridget Morrigan.1752 said:

to find a real group for Fractal CM on weekends?it is easy. but don't join in new non skilled group with low KP requirement. 100 is very low now. 250 is minimal, 500-750 is normal.

what

I realize I've been doing most of my CM's with friends lately but 500-750??? lulz

Right? I literally have never seen a CM LFG with more than 150. Assuming you average 6 (2 per encounter, which is extremely generous) ESS per run, that's nearly a month of CMs to get efficient. Most decent players are going to be running them smoothly inside a week or two.

At 500 ESS, you're looking at 3 months of CM experience. Who would waste 2 inventory slots?

As an aside: every CM LFG group I have joined has never once asked for ESS links in chat, no matter how much the amount was.