What happened to the Order of the Crystal Bloom?

Fang.8291

We've seen them in Dragonfall, yet they completly seem to disappear, except the NPC for the mount race in Grothmar Valley.Where are they and what are they doing right now? What do you think? We know that Caithe planned to move to the grove, I wish we had a bit more information about them. I think they should move where Aurene moves, they are part of the pact, just like the three orders of Tyria, right? I opened this post after I read the news about the weekly strike mission rewards just mentioning the three original orders of the pact and I was starting to think about them. They should have a special interest to guard Aurene's location right?

I don't know why you say they seemed to have completely disappeared. The more obvious thing to ask rather is "why would they have shown up in the last releases at all?"

I doubt Bangar invited them to the All Legion rally in any significant way, and, up until the end of the last episode, Aurene wasn't in the Shiverpeaks, so why would they have been around at all? Most of them are probably helping to clean up the remaining branded and, helping clean up the brand itself, since that is what Aurene was doing.

Most likely inbetween the time of War Eternal and Bound by Blood, they've been helping control and eliminate the branded issue as was Aurene's agenda.

Like OP said, they've not actually disappeared as they show up in Grothmar Wardowns near the Dragonbrand, and as Sajuuk suggests, they have no reason to go into the Shiverpeaks.

Well, now they do - Aurene made a nest at the Eye of the North, so I imagine Caithe and some Crystal Bloom members will show up there too in tomorrow's release, perhaps even Zafirah will return. We may even see even more Aurene-branded members like Caithe (who, in turn, may have a new appearance since Aurene's branding is no longer blue like her mother's, but prismatic like the retroactively heavily foreshadowing Immortal weapons - anyone else hoping the Crystal Bloom, when they return, will be wielding these weapons?).

Koss does show up at the Eye of the North, as seen for a split second in the trailer, so I'd say it's highly likely a couple other Elonians will be there, and the Crystal Bloom members are most likely to show up. It would also be the perfect reason to bring Caithe and Zafirah back into the plot, and give us an update on the state of Elonian politics now that they had a few months to get things settled after the interruption of the summit back in A Star to Guide Us.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:...Well, now they do - Aurene made a nest at the Eye of the North, so I imagine Caithe and some Crystal Bloom members will show up there too in tomorrow's release, perhaps even Zafirah will return. We may even see even more Aurene-branded members like Caithe (who, in turn, may have a new appearance since Aurene's branding is no longer blue like her mother's, but prismatic like the retroactively heavily foreshadowing Immortal weapons - anyone else hoping the Crystal Bloom, when they return, will be wielding these weapons?).

It would be a great touch. Fingers crossed, breath held. :)

@anninke.7469 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:...Well, now they do - Aurene made a nest at the Eye of the North, so I imagine Caithe and some Crystal Bloom members will show up there too in tomorrow's release, perhaps even Zafirah will return. We may even see
even more
Aurene-branded members like Caithe (who, in turn, may have a new appearance since Aurene's branding is no longer blue like her mother's, but prismatic like the retroactively heavily foreshadowing
- anyone else hoping the Crystal Bloom, when they return, will be wielding these weapons?).

It would be a great touch. Fingers crossed, breath held. :)

! See todays content

• 2 weeks later...

@"Tuchanka.5148" said:We've seen them in Dragonfall, yet they completly seem to disappear, except the NPC for the mount race in Grothmar Valley.Where are they and what are they doing right now? What do you think? We know that Caithe planned to move to the grove, I wish we had a bit more information about them. I think they should move where Aurene moves, they are part of the pact, just like the three orders of Tyria, right? I opened this post after I read the news about the weekly strike mission rewards just mentioning the three original orders of the pact and I was starting to think about them. They should have a special interest to guard Aurene's location right?

That's because they were a plot device. A lot of video game companies do this. Bethesda is very guilty of it because they do it all of the time in their games. Developers only do it to further the plot of a video game when one faction cannot be justified of being in a particular location or an event. So the designer(s) or author just creates a disposable faction to be there to help the character or in our case the people playing the game. The whole purpose of the "Order of the Crystal Bloom" is to purely to drive the plot and maintain its course until it's completed. Once the disposable faction's purpose is completed they become useless unless the developers decide that the faction can be used again in other stories.

@Sir Arigius.6294 said:

@"Tuchanka.5148" said:We've seen them in Dragonfall, yet they completly seem to disappear, except the NPC for the mount race in Grothmar Valley.Where are they and what are they doing right now? What do you think? We know that Caithe planned to move to the grove, I wish we had a bit more information about them. I think they should move where Aurene moves, they are part of the pact, just like the three orders of Tyria, right? I opened this post after I read the news about the weekly strike mission rewards just mentioning the three original orders of the pact and I was starting to think about them. They should have a special interest to guard Aurene's location right?

That's because they were a plot device. A lot of video game companies do this. Bethesda is very guilty of it because they do it all of the time in their games. Developers only do it to further the plot of a video game when one faction cannot be justified of being in a particular location or an event. So the designer(s) or author just creates a disposable faction to be there to help the character or in our case the people playing the game. The whole purpose of the "Order of the Crystal Bloom" is to purely to drive the plot and maintain its course until it's completed. Once the disposable faction's purpose is completed they become useless unless the developers decide that the faction can be used again in other stories.

You haven't played the recent update, have you?

@Sir Arigius.6294 said:

The Vigil, Priory, Whispers, the Pact, the Olmakhan, etc would all like a word. I imagine the Crystal Bloom will be the same, not the main showcase, but they still show up as the story progresses.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

@Moonyeti.3296 said:

The Vigil, Priory, Whispers, the Pact, the Olmakhan, etc would all like a word. I imagine the Crystal Bloom will be the same, not the main showcase, but they still show up as the story progresses.

That's not what I mean at all. I'm talking with any and all stories. It's a trope okay? Writers in all stories do it sometimes. Once the disposable faction's purpose is completed they become useless unless the developers decide that the faction can be used again in other stories. And the factions you just named have been used many times. However all factions in a story are expendable to the developers. They can choose to not use or refer that faction ever again if they wanted. A good example is writing that character or faction off to the point that they become distant in the story and future lore until another author picks up their work and had a fascination with that part of the story.

I think they like the factions less analogous. That way they can have them appear bigger then what justified content would allow. If you just take what we see; the crystal bloom in EOTN and dragon fall you might think um thats it? No base? No leader? You gota factor in that their faction isn't over or dead they are just OUT there doing their jobs and when story permits they will return. Its not always wise to have huge epic arcs and stories with factions unless you intend to possibly end them and then you lose any future potential with that faction. Its less commitment and more potential for future uses.