FIX YOUR SERVERS

As of now, I can no longer play the game, I am hit by network errors within 5 minutes of play. I tried client repair, twice. Has not changed a thing, tried resetting router as well, without success. I'm going to lay this low till next maintenance, and hope that doesn't completely prevent me from getting that last boombox

@Naxos.2503 said:As of now, I can no longer play the game, I am hit by network errors within 5 minutes of play. I tried client repair, twice. Has not changed a thing, tried resetting router as well, without success. I'm going to lay this low till next maintenance, and hope that doesn't completely prevent me from getting that last boombox

You playing on wireless or with a coord?If wireless try to cable connect to router.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Naxos.2503 said:As of now, I can no longer play the game, I am hit by network errors within 5 minutes of play. I tried client repair, twice. Has not changed a thing, tried resetting router as well, without success. I'm going to lay this low till next maintenance, and hope that doesn't completely prevent me from getting that last boombox

You playing on wireless or with a coord?If wireless try to cable connect to router.

Ethernet, direct to fiber. Unfortunately, no cigar. The error is actually on clockwork, after exactly 5 minutes.

@Naxos.2503 said:

Ethernet, direct to fiber. Unfortunately, no cigar. The error is actually on clockwork, after exactly 5 minutes.

Any programs in the background like msi afterburner or a outdated malewarebytes?I heard people have had problem with things like that so maybe disable active programs 1 by 1 untill you might find the reason?

@Linken.6345 said:

Any programs in the background like msi afterburner or a outdated malewarebytes?I heard people have had problem with things like that so maybe disable active programs 1 by 1 untill you might find the reason?

I do use Malwarebyte, as well as another software for similar purposes, but they're set to specifically ignore Guild wars 2 folders, to avoid performance issues, so I dont think they should conflict, I'm going to try at odd hours see if that changes anything, it might just be the node connecting me to the server is stressed, it's happened before, and generally time solves it. Unfortunately that means losing time on SAB

@kharmin.7683 said:

Also, there are new posts every day if not more than one every day posting about this, which is a significant number, as most people who play the game are not forum users and many more will send in a ticket or bug report in game.New posts every day about this? Where?

There are 8 duplicate posts on this single subfourms first page. Each one of those has even more people posting in them with the same issues, the WvW forum has another 8 threads on the same issues, with many more posts in each of others expressing the same issue. Then there are posts in other subforums, reddit, and other 3rd party GW2 forums. Then you have all of the people who have played the game for some time and understand nothing is going to be done about it, so most of us do not make new threads about a well known issues that has been talked about many times by anet them selves over the years.

If you wish you stick your head in the sand, that is your choice, however lag and server issues are nothing new and have been discussed at length many times before.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Also, there are new posts every day if not more than one every day posting about this, which is a significant number, as most people who play the game are not forum users and many more will send in a ticket or bug report in game.New posts every day about this? Where?

Hi, I'm adding myself to the pile, you're welcome

Any of you experiencing issues should do as much troubleshooting of your own that you know of to rule out your end being the problem (go wired if wireless, restart router, etc), and then reach out to support if you've not solved the problem.

1. If the issue is between you and ANet, they can help you find it if you are unsure how. Gives them another user that's affected by a bad port - they can reach out to the owners and say "We have X users being affected by a problem and we've narrowed it down to the port at Y location." The more users they know of, the more weight their request holds.
  2. If the issue is on their end it can help them troubleshoot because as it is clear that it does not affect everyone. Meaning there's something that causes the problem for some but not others. The more users having problems send in reports the quicker they can find the problem and then work to address it.