Phase smash still doing 10k damage to 2.6 armor.

anduriell.6280

Eh, move along.

I still see Gunflames hitting for similar damage.Which is AoE.Can be made unblockable.Dazes.Pierces.And no cast time.

Considering a Blob v Blob, Phase Smash is literally garbage if yu have to push with group anyway, because yur stuck in the entire animation lock for a skill yu wanna use from range.

Evade? More like porting back to the spot where the zerg isnt anymore.

And btw 2.6k armor? u Serious? thats only a bit more than 300toughness ,which is nothing. This is almost equal to full zerk gear.And the opponent was an complete glass cannon, so stop whining and oneshot it already

Nerfed to oblivion. Nice troll. Rev hammer players can be happy if their stupid skills actually hit somebody. 9/10 skill-tries result in an complete buggy piece of dogcake that never hit anyone

@"anduriell.6280" said:1200 Ranged attack with 1.5 seconds evade still does 10k damage.

phase smash

Other classes have been nerfed into oblivion still i see this kind of kitten lingering around.

DD Staff 5 - 9kEngy Bomb Kit 1 - 9kWarclaw 1 - 9k

All delivered by me during the last 2 weeks.

In a 50 person zerg you might be facing off against 1 or 2 Hammer Heralds these days, so if you ate that phase smash, consider yourself unlucky. If it was as effective as your post is trying to make it out to be, we would be seeing more than 1 or 2 Hammer Heralds in a blob now, wouldn't we?

@"anduriell.6280" said:1200 Ranged attack with 1.5 seconds evade still does 10k damage.

phase smash

Other classes have been nerfed into oblivion still i see this kind of kitten lingering around.

...But Hés using a hammer. Physical based weapons from Revenant at the current moment are just atrocious. Your enemy is wasting a slot in a hammer, is in massive disadvantage against everything but low level map PvE creeps, and you're just whinning abou him hitting you instead of chopping off his head, whar are you running? A healer thief?

I see you haven't been hit by Arc divider or Vault yet."Other classes have been nerfed into oblivion" ... Phase Smash was hit in the Feb 25 patch. It used to do more damage but was reduced from 1.75 to 1.36 coefficient. Not only was damage decreased but the cooldown was increased from 8 to 12 seconds.

The reason why it did so much is you likely had 25 vulnerability and the revenant probably had 25 might. Also Bloodlust , food/utility, and keep bonuses also factor into it. If you have a rev you can test it yourself in Armistice Bastion.

It is a highly telegraphed skill with a 1.25s cast time, lasting the duration of the evade, which is also 1.25s. I think it is reasonable that the skill deals some damage, since you have to predict where your enemy will be in 1.25s and the enemy also gets to see you leap all the way, direction and everything.

Can we stop having childs kitten cry about how strong the revenant is when it is the most nerfed and bugged class in the game , man if you cant even evade revs hammer skills its your problem because it spends a year casting all its skills , also the evade is half of the times buged .Hammer should hit like a truck seen how slow it is , swords should hit like a truck because they are the only power melee weapon we have , and cds and energy cost should be lowered on most of the skills because right now we have double the cost ANY OTHER CLASS has in its skills AND THEY CAN CHOOSE ITS SKILLS WICH IS SOMETHING WE CANT DO seriously how many revs have you seen that use all of their skills , we are limited to at most 3 UTILITYES IN EACH LEGEND WITH COSTS OF HALF THE ENERGY BAR AND HUGE CDS also the legend swap has a cd to start again with 50 energy when the SKILLS COST 30 ENERGY.If you want to cry cry about how guardians can do everything and can go everywhere being META or how warriors are ALMOST IMMORTAL WHILE HITTING LIKE TRUCKSJust come on criing about rev? Even rev mains hate how our class is being nerfed and bugged over and over again .Advise try a class before criing about it

phase smash

yes, a 1.5 second evade which is also a 1.5 second cast time. And you got hit by it.

Also lmao at thinking WvW blobs will ever possibly be balanced in an inherently imbalanced game mode.

This thread is actually gold and I'm here for it

Man that skill actually dealt damage? Not gonna lie when I did WvW people avoided it so often that I just stopped using it as an offensive skill altogether, and instead chained it for its evade when something better was not quite off of cooldown yet. I'm bummed to find out that all this time I could have been deleting pros like the OP :(

phase smash

I mean... Im a rev main. Hammer is complete garbage right along with staff, shortbow and ... yea those. You guys QQ about them a lot but most of it is crazy telegraphed and as for staff honestly.... Like for power rev it was one of the Defacto weapons because it was good for roamers and Spvp. Hammer was only ever good at zerg surfing and that was about it really.

Condi had Mace/Axe which has been getting a lot of QQ about it along-side Sword/sword and shield... for some reason. You are aware that if you got hit by hammer than you simply don't know how to play and ... probably should pay more attention? I mean if they listen to people like you all of our weapons will be nerfed into the ground, and then what... like what will we do? Oh yes do what you want us to do... and uninstall.

Perhaps try the class yourself and see what everyone means maybe?

Best of luck to ya mate..

This is the guy who has historically and vehemently defended soulbeast, even claiming boonbeast wasn't OP.

Hammer is designed horribly and should get reworked but this skill ain't the problem.
CoR was a problem because it had zero targeting indicator for a long time and functioned as a ranged AoE backstab with an identical cooldown, and wasn't prone to being reflected making it stupidly busted in WvW and very risk-free, but kinda trash everywhere else.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:CoR was a problem because it had zero targeting indicator for a long time and functioned as a ranged AoE backstab with an identical cooldown, and wasn't prone to being reflected making it stupidly busted in WvW and very risk-free, but kinda trash everywhere else.

CoR is not a projectile, so ofc it cannot be reflected. I think you meant to say blocked by Aegis?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:CoR was a problem because it had zero targeting indicator for a long time and functioned as a ranged AoE backstab with an identical cooldown, and wasn't prone to being reflected making it stupidly busted in WvW and very risk-free, but kinda trash everywhere else.

CoR is not a projectile, so ofc it cannot be reflected. I think you meant to say blocked by Aegis?

No, I meant what I said in that it was a problem because it wasn't a projectile. Rangers suck in WvW blobs because of the prominence of reflects despite being quite strong in small group play. CoR's cooldown was the single lowest non-projectile ranged damage source in the entire game. And mind you, that's AFTER it got nerfed the first time from 2 seconds to 4. Even Necromancer's Well of Blood, a skill considered absolute garbage, had a longer cooldown than CoR did afterwards.

And CoR had huge AoE coverage and conditional-melee-only-with-penalties-glassy-class-signature-burst-skill levels of damage on top of it. Without any kind of skill indicator ("red circles"). Complaints over the years were justified.It had to get nerfed the way it did. It may have made hammer kinda bad and the weapon deserves major overhauls because clearly it wasn't designed with this in mind (as has been the case for a lot of stuff in respects to WvW), but in absolutely no way was CoR reasonable for WvW at all, and yet, it's the only place it was played.Same deal as dire/TB stats. Unused literally everywhere but WvW. Broken there. It should be removed and let people have stat-selectable armor like they've done before.

So yeah, CoR was stupidly overpowered for WvW. Yet hammer kinda sucks otherwise. Keep DTH for fair usability in blob play, and rework hammer to be a viable midrange weapon (600 range with no projectiles would be pretty neat for midline in blobs and the power can be upped since it lacks relative safety on lower range) so it doesn't suck for sPvP either and we gucci.

2.6k armor is not really that much though is it?

Given base values for light, medium and heavy ascended:Light 967 + 1,000 = 1,967 - 2,600 = 667 toughnessMedium 1,118 + 1,000 = 2,118 - 2,600 = 482 toughnessHeavy 1,271 + 1,000 = 2,271 - 2,600 = 329 toughness

On an attack which commits the opposing player into not being able to move AND which is very visible. If you are standing there getting hit by Phase Smash all the time and are not a frontliner (which should be running more than 300-600t unless warrior), the issue is a lot more with your bad positioning and slow reactions and less with the skill.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:CoR was a problem because it had zero targeting indicator for a long time and functioned as a ranged AoE backstab with an identical cooldown, and wasn't prone to being reflected making it stupidly busted in WvW and very risk-free, but kinda trash everywhere else.

No, I meant what I said in that it was a problem because it wasn't a projectile. Rangers suck in WvW blobs because of the prominence of reflects despite being quite strong in small group play. CoR's cooldown was the single lowest non-projectile ranged damage source in the entire game. And mind you, that's AFTER it got nerfed the first time from 2 seconds to 4. Even Necromancer's Well of Blood, a skill considered absolute garbage, had a longer cooldown than CoR did afterwards.

And CoR had huge AoE coverage and conditional-melee-only-with-penalties-glassy-class-signature-burst-skill levels of damage on top of it. Without any kind of skill indicator ("red circles"). Complaints over the years were justified.It had to get nerfed the way it did. It may have made hammer kinda bad and the weapon deserves major overhauls because clearly it wasn't designed with this in mind (as has been the case for a lot of stuff in respects to WvW), but in absolutely no way was CoR reasonable for WvW at all, and yet, it's the only place it was played.Same deal as dire/TB stats. Unused literally everywhere but WvW. Broken there. It should be removed and let people have stat-selectable armor like they've done before.

So yeah, CoR was stupidly overpowered for WvW. Yet hammer kinda sucks otherwise. Keep DTH for fair usability in blob play, and rework hammer to be a viable midrange weapon (600 range with no projectiles would be pretty neat for midline in blobs and the power can be upped since it lacks relative safety on lower range) so it doesn't suck for sPvP either and we gucci.

Ah Ok, I gotcha. But you lost it around the 2nd paragraph.

In October 2019, CoR was given a ground-target indicator, and its damage was shaved so that it no longer did more damage at max range, using instead the damage value for mid-range for any targets. This was a net positive because it reduced the extreme edge of the damage CoR could do, while at the same time was a slight buff to a Hammer Rev who had to someone in melee range, as before they would take even less damage from CoR for being so close. Every 'complaint' you listed was addressed, and the skill was fine...except of course that ANET screwed up the coding and it became very difficult to aim consistently. But the 'broken' aspect of CoR was now fixed, and it was still doing high spike damage, but when viewed in context as to what tools a Rev had available, it was perfectly in line with what other hard hitting AoE abilities like Staff Vault.

And then ANET wanted to rollback everyone's damage, and that in of itself is fine, except that isn't what they did with Rev Hammer 2. Just like with Sword 4 and Staff 5, it wasn't just the damage they changed, they changed the mechanics...in this case they almost tripled the cooldown while also reducing the damage. Not only does it not spike as hard, you are forced to auto attack (also nerfed ofc) for 8 seconds in between CoRs, which is finally at least hitting the correct targets, but is far from fun and engaging gameplay.

Right now a Hammer Rev has only 2 niche roles: pump out might/fury or stability, and use phase smash for targeted range spikes. That's it. They aren't a heavy damage dealer anymore, or even a main damage dealer, and with Draconic Echo, you can make do with running 2 Hammer Revs for 40 players, while you fill up the roster with other builds that can actually put out ranged pressure and/or cleave damage such as Burn DH, Power Reaper, Bomb Kit Scrapper, FA Ele, Staff DD, etc.

And meanwhile, DD Staff Vault hits for 10K with no true cooldown and with no AoE indicator (albeit only 600 range). That isn't a dig at DD staff btw, I think that's fine, which is my point: all ANET had to do was reduce the damage of CoR to bring it into line, but instead they thought it should have almost three times the cooldown for a build that has no real secondary weapon, except for Staff, where someone was apparently challenged to hold someone else's beer while they made changes to Staff 5.

The proof is in the pudding, as they say. You might argue that Hammer Rev was over represented in zergs before the patch, and I could see some merit to that argument..but now Hammer Herald has been (PvE) Chrono'ed - mangled to the point where the build is so clunky and unfun commensurate to the level of output, that players would rather play something else...and they are.

I still see just as many Scourges in a zerg as before, same with Engineer (though some are now DPS), and Firebrands. But now replacing Hammer Revs you have everyone's favourite Condi Rev, Burn Guards/DH, Dagger/x Eles, etc etc etc.

At least Spellbreaker, the other "one trick pony" of WvW zerging, can turn the tide of a fight with their elite skill

Reducing the range to 600 isn't a solution though, because while pirate-ship only gameplay gets old, so does melee-push only, and that is what we have now. Outside of Phase Smash, Scourge right now is the only viable 1200 unit range bomb with Sword of Justice a close #2. And while I can understand why all the non-staff Eles, Thieves, Engies, Reapers and Warriors would rejoice now, extremes are bad in either direction, especially since I don't think this was by intentional design, but just another oversight from the balance team.

You said it was risk free, but the counter to legacy Hammer Rev was always the melee push. The enemy who stood at range was the one who suffered the most. At melee range the Rev did less damage with CoR (prior to the 2019 fix), and their Phase Smash, while an evade, also left them out of position

Now maybe they will see the error in their ways, as I believe them when they said this was an ongoing process, but given they still haven't reverted what they did with Sword 4 (another situation where all they had to do was reduce the damage to stop players from insta-deleting each other) I'm not holding my breath, nor do I hold any hope for them to rethink what they have done to Staff 5, which I have to deal with, in addition to Sword 4, every day I take my Rev into Fractals.

Now that's just my opinion ofc, but what I see day in and day out supports my statement. Even if someone wants to argue that a Hammer Rev can still be effective at dealing damage, just like a Chrono, who wants to jump through hoops? I've been playing Burn DH almost exclusively since the patch, and even largely before the patch since CoR was bugged and missed more than it hit, and I put out way more pressure at range, and in melee pushes, than I could on my Rev, and now Eles have filled the role of farting out might + fury.

I won't be surprised to see them nerf Phase Smash again in a balance pass sometime soon, as that is in line with my expectations from the balance team at least as far as Rev is concerned, but I doubt you will see much outcry, since most Hammer Rev players have already moved on to other things.