Physical damage

I can't understand what this wiki article is trying to say, so I am asking here for help.What exactly is physical damage? How do I know which weapon or skills do physical and which do non-physical damage? Does it show in tooltips?

Warrior has a trait Peak Performance, which influences physical damage and physical skills. I imagine physical skills to be skills in utility line called "physical", but what is physical damage, aludes me. At first I thought it's the damage done by only those utility skills, but that top wiki article and meta builds I've seen for warrior suggest there is something more.

There are two type of damage in GW2. Direct damage and condition damage.They just messed up the tooltip by saying physical damage instead of direct damage.

Condition damage effect come from lingering conditions : bleeding, poison, burning, confusion, torment.It's effected by Condition Damage, and Expertise / Condition Duration.

Direct damage is the default instant damage.It's effected by Power, Precision / Critical Chance, Ferocity / Critical Damage, and target Toughness / Armor.Weapon quality also come into play in the formula of direct damage.

@Kulvar.1239 said:There are two type of damage in GW2. Direct damage and condition damage.They just messed up the tooltip by saying physical damage instead of direct damage.

The devs refer to it as physical damage all the time so that is probably what it has always been called internally. Possibly derived from GW1's physical/elemental/light/dark damage types.