game client unable to gain access to server

I always get this msg "The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by a firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com."

i realise during night time my time GMT+8. is more frequent and its getting lag and stuck at an area and sometimes logged me out.

Please assist. how to fix it?

• 1 month later...

Apparently, I also get the same issue. and I am from a similiar GMT, which is GMT +7 South East Asia. I play on Eredon's Terrace. The ping suddenly spikes a lot, and the game becomes unplayable. I have tried disabling my firewall, and the game still lags. I tried running ping test and playing other games and it seems fine.

Things that I have tried:

1. Disabling Firewall completely and allowing Guild Wars 2 CoherentUI_Host.exe on Firewall.
  2. Resetting my WiFi, and tested it on other video games, it runs fine with 25 Mbps and 7 pings per second.
  3. Repairing the launcher.
  4. Testing other accounts and being a guesting in other server.
  5. Using a popular fast VPN (Nord VPN) and choosing United States server.

I have sent a ticket a while ago, and I really hope I can play Guild Wars 2 again without too much delay. I mean before this issue, my ping was around 250, and with tiny bit of delay. But now, doing skills takes 3-5 second.

Same, lagging real bad to the point of inability to play. When attempting to use exitlag, wont even get past login, with inability to connect to login servers / just generic "Connection Failed, please try again."Having a horrendous spike every 3-5s that can last up to a whole minute is not playable.

I posted yesterday regarding the laggy and disconnection issues in GW2, i am from Singapore, and i just logged into the game 10 minutes ago, the problem is still not fixed and it appears even worse than yesterday.......i keep getting "cant connect to login server at this time" message kept popping out and spamming my screen, and it TOOK me 10 minutes to load the trading post oh my god this is terribly serious, its been happening since last week, i know a lot of people are also experiencing this so it is not my connection issue i have no problem with other games .

Can someone from the Anet company at least reply us on this? The game is unplayable at this stage.

Similar issues as well. From Singapore too.

For desperate peeps like myself...

My solution: Grab a paid VPN solutions like Nord or Express and tunnel through using US servers. They have 30 days money back, so when GW2 tech solves the issue, you can request for your money back. Ping running at 200-300ms which is definitely playable as compared to 700ms-4k.

@DAnox.2690 said:Similar issues as well. From Singapore too.

For desperate peeps like myself...

My solution: Grab a paid VPN solutions like Nord or Express and tunnel through using US servers. They have 30 days money back, so when GW2 tech solves the issue, you can request for your money back. Ping running at 200-300ms which is definitely playable as compared to 700ms-4k.

Yes, I am using a VPN to play now.But if this goes on, I will probably give up on this game. I don't like the lack of effort from the company on this issue.

Same issue here, except I have been experiencing it for months. Using NordVPN helped to alleviate it a bit, but I still get lag spikes every so often (more so during metas/events with lots of players, whereby I have to switch to a different VPN server/region and hope things smoothen out). I find that connecting through Japan and US-Seattle servers work quite alright. You will have to experiment to see which server works for you, then add them to favourites for easy connection.

Anyone else in Singapore facing separate issue?I had last played GW2 2 weeks ago and finally I am out of camp, my game wouldn't patch. It's downloading the patch at around 0kb/s ~15kb/s.Tried for 2 days and i got fret up. Decided to uninstall and reinstall the game.Alas, now the downloading speed for the game moves at 0bits / s ~ 2000bits/ s.[http://s3.amazonaws.com/gw2cdn/client/branches/Gw2Setup-64.exe]

Since I had uninstalled the game, any Singaporean here able to do this for me?

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve reviewed your diagnostic report and discovered some packet loss (data being dropped between your computer and our servers). I’d like you to download and use a free program called “WinMTR” to get more detailed information about the problem.

How to get WinMTR:

1. Download WinMTR here. A .zip file will download automatically a few seconds after the page loads.
  2. Open the .zip file.
  3. Select “Extract all files” and make sure “Show extracted files when complete” is selected.
  4. Click “Extract.” A new window should open.
  5. Double-click the folder “winMTR-v092” in the new window.
  6. Locate and double-click “WinMTR.exe” to run the program.

Once WinMTR is running:

1. Log in to Guild Wars 2
  2. In the chat window type “/ip” without the quotes and press enter. This will return an IP address followed by a colon and a number (for example, “192.158.1.1:0”).
  3. Copy the IP address but omit the colon and everything after.
  4. Paste or type the IP address into the “Host” field in WinMTR.
  5. Click Start.
  6. Let WinMTR run while you play Guild Wars 2 for about 30 minutes.
  7. After about 30 minutes have passed, click the “Export HTML” button in WinMTR and save the file to your desktop.
  8. Attach the “.htm” file to a reply to this e-mail and be sure to let us know which IP you ran the test to (the one you got with the /ip command earlier.) Please make sure you’re attaching the actual file and not copying the file location from your browser.

Once I have the file I will review the results and let you know what I find.Regards,

ICoffeeGuild Wars 2 Support Teamhttp://help.guildwars2.com/

@"Titanium.1930" said:Anyone else in Singapore facing separate issue?I had last played GW2 2 weeks ago and finally I am out of camp, my game wouldn't patch. It's downloading the patch at around 0kb/s ~15kb/s.Tried for 2 days and i got fret up. Decided to uninstall and reinstall the game.Alas, now the downloading speed for the game moves at 0bits / s ~ 2000bits/ s.[http://s3.amazonaws.com/gw2cdn/client/branches/Gw2Setup-64.exe]

Since I had uninstalled the game, any Singaporean here able to do this for me?

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve reviewed your diagnostic report and discovered some packet loss (data being dropped between your computer and our servers). I’d like you to download and use a free program called “WinMTR” to get more detailed information about the problem.

How to get WinMTR:

1. Download WinMTR here. A .zip file will download automatically a few seconds after the page loads.
  2. Open the .zip file.
  3. Select “Extract all files” and make sure “Show extracted files when complete” is selected.
  4. Click “Extract.” A new window should open.
  5. Double-click the folder “winMTR-v092” in the new window.
  6. Locate and double-click “WinMTR.exe” to run the program.

Once WinMTR is running:

1. Log in to Guild Wars 2
  2. In the chat window type “/ip” without the quotes and press enter. This will return an IP address followed by a colon and a number (for example, “192.158.1.1:0”).
  3. Copy the IP address but omit the colon and everything after.
  4. Paste or type the IP address into the “Host” field in WinMTR.
  5. Click Start.
  6. Let WinMTR run while you play Guild Wars 2 for about 30 minutes.
  7. After about 30 minutes have passed, click the “Export HTML” button in WinMTR and save the file to your desktop.
  8. Attach the “.htm” file to a reply to this e-mail and be sure to let us know which IP you ran the test to (the one you got with the /ip command earlier.) Please make sure you’re attaching the actual file and not copying the file location from your browser.

Once I have the file I will review the results and let you know what I find.Regards,

ICoffeeGuild Wars 2 Support Teamhttp://help.guildwars2.com/

There are several posts with help for the downloading issue. You can use the 'Search' feature to find them.

Good luck.