Your entitlement to my LFG requirements

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Aridon.8362 said:In that same light I see most of the groups who put too specific requirements actually waste more time and fail more so it's a double edged sword your slicing with.

It is still their choice, and their LFG. Why is it so hard to respect that? You do not have to agree with someone's LFG - just make your own that suits YOUR needs. I agree that some LFGs seem oddly specific or unreasonable, but no one is forcing you to join them. If they waste time, that is on them and is not your concern in any way.

I personally ask people to tell their favourite color or link an item upon joining just to see if they read my LFG. If they did not, I kick them out. I think that if they put in the effort to read my LFG post, perhaps they will also listen incase I need to explain anything.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:To be honest, it’s not even worth doing strikes at all unless you want something that is specifically locked behind them than you cannot acquire by other means.

Strikes are actually decently rewarding for the time spent. The full run is very fast to do and you have a chance for getting some rarer drops. Sure, it's no t4 fractals, but it does not take that much time to get something out of it, and it is a lot more fun than just running meta trains for some of us.

Also you can make ascended armor with the crystals, which is another alternative route for people getting their gear.

You get more G/hr elsewhere which was my point. Let’s also not kid ourselves that the average player will be in a group that can clear them all quickly (if at all).

But... strikes already give rewards. Runic armor, ascended items.

With your logic raids are not worth running either.

@Cerioth.7062 said:

@Aridon.8362 said:In that same light I see most of the groups who put too specific requirements actually waste more time and fail more so it's a double edged sword your slicing with.

It is still their choice, and their LFG. Why is it so hard to respect that? You do not have to agree with someone's LFG - just make your own that suits YOUR needs. I agree that some LFGs seem oddly specific or unreasonable, but no one is forcing you to join them. If they waste time, that is on them and is not your concern in any way.

I personally ask people to tell their favourite color or link an item upon joining just to see if they read my LFG. If they did not, I kick them out. I think that if they put in the effort to read my LFG post, perhaps they will also listen incase I need to explain anything.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:To be honest, it’s not even worth doing strikes at all unless you want something that is specifically locked behind them than you cannot acquire by other means.

Strikes are actually decently rewarding for the time spent. The full run is very fast to do and you have a chance for getting some rarer drops. Sure, it's no t4 fractals, but it does not take that much time to get something out of it, and it is a lot more fun than just running meta trains for some of us.

Also you can make ascended armor with the crystals, which is another alternative route for people getting their gear.

You get more G/hr elsewhere which was my point. Let’s also not kid ourselves that the average player will be in a group that can clear them all quickly (if at all).

Read the rest of my post where I fleshed out what I was saying.

Runic armor can be bought with gold and you’ll obtain the gold much faster than you would the shards. This is coming from someone who had farmed the shards for all three sets. The amount of time that it would take to obtain a complete armor set through strikes is much greater had you spent that time to farm gold and just craft the set.

Raids are slightly different as they contain unique rewards that you cannot get elsewhere.

After reading the OP again, this is deviating entirely from what they had written about. If any of the people want to discuss this further then create another thread for it as I won’t respond further on this topic.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Read the rest of my post where I fleshed out what I was saying.

Runic armor can be bought with gold and you’ll obtain the gold much faster than you would the shards. This is coming from someone who had farmed the shards for all three sets. The amount of time that it would take to obtain a complete armor set through strikes is much greater had you spent that time to farm gold and just craft the set.

Raids are slightly different as they contain unique rewards that you cannot get elsewhere.

After reading the OP again, this is deviating entirely from what they had written about. If any of the people want to discuss this further then create another thread for it as I won’t respond further on this topic.

I would still argue that strikes are fairly profitable for how fast they are to do. Most of my strike groups run through all strikes in less than 20 minutes!

and I am not the only one to find it profitable and fun :)

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

To be honest, it's not even worth playing guild wars unless you enjoy the game, same goes for strikes.

Actually that’s not entirely true. Without rewards, a lot of content would not be played or played repeatedly. Content being fun is important but players have been shown to play ‘un-fun’ content so long as there’s a carrot.

There is a lot of content in the game that people have said was fun yet they no longer play them because they’ve obtained all of the rewards/achievements.

If you’re trying to make gold, you’re better off doing something else than strikes. If you’re trying to get ascended armor, you’re better off doing something else than strikes. The majority of players still struggle with a boneskinner and even more struggle, or cannot even complete, the whispers boss. The amount of crystals that you get is so small compared to what you would have gotten had you dedicated that time elsewhere for whatever your end goal is. Yes, strikes can be fun but that fun only lasts for so long and usually tends to diminish faster than the rewards.

Edit: After reading the OP again, this is deviating entirely from what they had written about. If any of the people want to discuss this further then create another thread for it as I won’t respond further on this topic.

If you are trying to make gold its better gold/hour to get a job and buy gold.

@Krzysztof.5973 said:Dungeons, strikes, raids - you name it, you literally have no power over me putting whatever I want in the LFG as long as it within the ToS. Every now and then some sad frog joins my squad or whispers me whenever I put up high-req LFG. Getting mad over the fact that I put my own LFG and have people join it anyway, baffles me. Nobody is forcing You to join it. You can literally make your own LFG with requirements You see fit. If I put 1k LI for raids and have people join it or 250 LI for all strikes run - It's none of your business. Make your own all welcome LFG have fun in the game the way you prefer. Thank you (:Agreed. It's perfectly fine for players to put up whatever LFG requirements they want, and everyone else should respect those and do not complain about them (and, especially, should not complain to those players).

What isn't fine is the game heavily incentivizing players towards putting up highly restrictive requirements in a content that is not meant strictly for hardcores. And that is something that people can very much complain about.

Basically, complain about the game, not about the people.

@Cerioth.7062 said:I would still argue that strikes are fairly profitable for how fast they are to do. Most of my strike groups run through all strikes in less than 20 minutes!

And if the group is wiping on Fraenir with players doing less damage than the Heal Scourge, and others asking that the fight be explained to them? It stops being profitable and efficient, yes? Aaaaaaaaannnd that takes us back to what the OP is talking about, and why players would want to set requirements for people joining their group.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Cerioth.7062 said:I would still argue that strikes are fairly profitable for how fast they are to do. Most of my strike groups run through all strikes in less than 20 minutes!

And if the group is wiping on Fraenir with players doing less damage than the Heal Scourge, and others asking that the fight be explained to them? It stops being profitable and efficient, yes? Aaaaaaaaannnd that takes us back to what the OP is talking about, and why players would want to set requirements for people joining their group.

Perhaps Fraenir could just not be so difficult that you need to heavy prefilter your squad in order to be able to kill him.Just saying.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Cerioth.7062" said:I would still argue that strikes are fairly profitable for how fast they are to do. Most of my strike groups run through all strikes in less than 20 minutes!

Perhaps Fraenir could just not be so difficult that you need to heavy prefilter your squad in order to be able to kill him.Just saying.

So then we're talking about: "should the game adapt to the players, or the players adapt to the game".

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Cerioth.7062" said:I would still argue that strikes are fairly profitable for how fast they are to do. Most of my strike groups run through all strikes in less than 20 minutes!

So then we're talking about: "should the game adapt to the players, or the players adapt to the game".Yes. Noting, of course, that the strikes were already Anet's attempt for the game to adapt to the players, and that the "players adapting to the game" is generally known to not work all that well.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

I have never had that experience with Fraenir. My groups clear all strikes in less than 30 minutes, and we've never had to be too hardcore about it.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

So then we're talking about: "should the game adapt to the players, or the players adapt to the game".Yes. Noting, of course, that the strikes were already Anet's attempt for the game to adapt to the players, and that the "players adapting to the game" is generally known to not work all that well.

The question then becomes, at which level of personal responsibility do you stop?

You can make the argument that developing content for players who have little to no interesting in any way understanding, mastering or improving at a game makes sense. FYI we have a ton of content for such players.

At the same time, I'd personally question how much of the player base actually falls in this category and how many players would be lost with 0 challenge in content. I'm also not talking about challenging content, but just small amount of challenge which 2 of the strikes would fall into. Grothmar valley and Fraenir are literally baby mode, beyond baby mode even because it is nearly impossible to die or not make the timer unless afk (and there is a ton of groups which do only these 2, which is perfectly fine).

So, back to the question:

• How much personal responsibility can be entrusted onto players? How mature should other individuals be treat and on what level?
  • Responsibility to make their own groups/squads?
  • Responsibility to try to improve at the game or understand basic game mechanics?
  • Responsibility to understand basic English (or w/e language)?
  • Responsibility to be social to each other? (looking at toxic map chat and things)
  • Responsibility to understand where ones own liberties begin, end and where other individual liberties begin?

There was a period in the last 15 years of game development where most games were just that: idiot proof for the lowest common denominator, basically cellphone games for PC. Then along came Dark Souls, indie rouge likes and games which actually challenged players, and lo and behold, many players actually enjoyed not being treated like some cattle with an IQ of 5 (no offense to cattle, many of them are better at their purpose than most players here).

Here is my take:If you aim for ONLY the player who can do NOTHING, you will be left with a player base of players who can do NOTHING. At which point the game becomes stale, boring and lacking of any depth.

Now don't get me wrong, I've said many times, I fully support certain parts of this game to be easy (personal story, open world, some festival things, etc.) but that does not mean that EVERYTHING in this game can or should be aimed with the intent of engaging players who have 0 interest in the actual game.

TL;DR:There is no excuse to hijack or demand things from other players like them adjusting their LFG to ones own personal liking. Some issues can be simplified or taken over by the developers or automated, but some are part of a basic social etiquette and respect towards other individuals.

This is kind of a hilarious thread. Y'all realize that other MMOs get their raids reset regularly, right? So like if you're behind on say, EP and you come in late that tier, in WoW you can catch up as much as you can through other means and when the next tier hits, you're on the same level more or less as everyone else, so people can't ask for KP, etc before letting you in to groups at the beginning of the new tier. GW2 has this unique issue where there isn't really anything resetting anyone's progress and no content is ever outdated per se.

Not resetting progress means that there's no natural way that new players to jump into the content with experienced ones to allow for any kind of mixing. This is an issue with Strikes as well right now, they're starting to stratify just like raids (maybe not as bad, because plenty of people like me seem willing to PuG in a more casual manner and we still GASP actually succeed), but it's still a problem nonetheless that people are asking for KP in beginning group content. When I was learning boneskinner before EotN I actually didn't kick noob players I had in my group for this reason: I wanted them to have a good experience with the player base. That was probably my worst boneskinner clear ever and took longer, but I don't regret it at all for the impact it had on the new player who was fawning about how fun it was.

This "I just want my rewards and other people are a means of getting it" mentality is just becoming a symptom of the way progress works in high-end PVE content. I mean that's really what you're saying when you make LFGs like that, you're not willing to teach anyone else. Which is just as toxic as not being willing to try/learn new things. And makes the community seem unfriendly. Maybe that's why blow-out metas are the most popular content in the game. just sayin' some of you are the creators of your own problems...

EDIT: I want to make it clear that I like GW2's horizontal progression system, and I like that old content still has some value, it just brings its own challenges with it that neither the playerbase nor anet has done a good job of addressing.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

You could probably carry fraenir with 1 high end DPS and 1 high end healer. The community has more than enough experience to clear it without filters. In fact every Strike I've done, even whisper, when we wiped, someone had a geared enough alt to fix some hole in the group. I don't organize anything, don't do any filters. Maybe I should make it clear I need more healers but still, never had an issue.

@"Firebeard.1746" said:they're starting to stratify just like raids (maybe not as bad, because plenty of people like me seem willing to PuG in a more casual manner and we still GASP actually succeed), but it's still a problem nonetheless that people are asking for KP in beginning group content. When I was learning boneskinner before EotN I actually didn't kick noob players I had in my group for this reason: I wanted them to have a good experience with the player base. That was probably my worst boneskinner clear ever and took longer, but I don't regret it at all for the impact it had on the new player who was fawning about how fun it was.

Sure You can. Nobody ever stated that You cannot clear strikes with "all welcome" pugs. At the start I haven't asked for LI either, but after some time I had couple of days of really bad squads. People dying to simple mechanics, not doing their job on classes their joined, not having proper sub-groups or boon distribution, leaving after 1 wipe. All the frustration just builds up. Why do I ask for LI? Because someone with LI has higher chance of being more patient - not leaving after bad pull & more knowledgeable regarding their class they joined as.

As weeks go by less and less seasoned players are participating in strike missions. LI squads are made more visible - which does not mean everyone asking for LI in their squads is somehow locking away the content from literally everybody else who doesn't have LI. Some people, like myself - prefer to join quickly and clear all the strikes for the day then log out. That means avoiding one or more wipes if possible. Sure, You might say it's locking out new players out of our squads, but not out of the content. From my point of view the percentage of people who are tired of training, explaining and babysitting new players every single time they open up the squad went up. If anything, it only shows that this is the kind of people who are persistent enough to keep consuming this kind of content for longer periods of time in-between updates. So it might not be a matter of "Oh, people are starting to get toxic" but rather the gap between veterans and casuals is beginning to be more visible. Both sides are fed up with each other.

I do not mind helping out other players, but on my terms and when I want it to. I have had too many bad experiences to put up with it every single day. I'm not forcing anyone to change their playstyle, and expect from everybody else to not force it on me either.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Strikes are supposed to be steping stone to raids. This fight is not dificult compared to most of the raids. If the point is to introduce something where players can learn, then this dificulty is great.For example grithmar strike is extremly easy. Players will definitely not improve there.

@"Firebeard.1746" said:This is kind of a hilarious thread. Y'all realize that other MMOs get their raids reset regularly, right? So like if you're behind on say, EP and you come in late that tier, in WoW you can catch up as much as you can through other means and when the next tier hits, you're on the same level more or less as everyone else, so people can't ask for KP, etc before letting you in to groups at the beginning of the new tier. GW2 has this unique issue where there isn't really anything resetting anyone's progress and no content is ever outdated per se.

Not resetting progress means that there's no natural way that new players to jump into the content with experienced ones to allow for any kind of mixing. This is an issue with Strikes as well right now, they're starting to stratify just like raids (maybe not as bad, because plenty of people like me seem willing to PuG in a more casual manner and we still GASP actually succeed), but it's still a problem nonetheless that people are asking for KP in beginning group content. When I was learning boneskinner before EotN I actually didn't kick noob players I had in my group for this reason: I wanted them to have a good experience with the player base. That was probably my worst boneskinner clear ever and took longer, but I don't regret it at all for the impact it had on the new player who was fawning about how fun it was.

This "I just want my rewards and other people are a means of getting it" mentality is just becoming a symptom of the way progress works in high-end PVE content. I mean that's really what you're saying when you make LFGs like that, you're not willing to teach anyone else. Which is just as toxic as not being willing to try/learn new things. And makes the community seem unfriendly. Maybe that's why blow-out metas are the most popular content in the game. just sayin' some of you are the creators of your own problems...

EDIT: I want to make it clear that I like GW2's horizontal progression system, and I like that old content still has some value, it just brings its own challenges with it that neither the playerbase nor anet has done a good job of addressing.

There is a diference.If you see someone (you dont know) has a problem with math homework, you can decide to help him/her (in this example for free). This is you teaching strikes to new players. But at the same time you could go to a movie with friends.

When someone join strikes (with some lfg demands) without them, its like a kid that comes to you and give you his homework so you do it for him

And huge mistake you made is this: you asume that players ask for high requirements becausethey want loot fast. That is not always the case. I ask for high requirements (well, I only do strikEs with raid static but for same reason why I would ask for high requirements) because I dont care about the loot or kill.When I do strikes or raids, I want to have fun. And I have fun if players come together, they take responsibilities, they comunicate and they try to make every effort to not only kill the boss, but do so in as efective way as possible. We could just take anything, go there and kill it while talking about cats but then it would be ~10 minutes of a chore. Or we can wait 30 minutes doing something fun while waiting for one pug to join and ten have 5 minutes of fun.

What can I put into my party requirement to exclude raid player and DPS meter user? They to often make social problems in party composition, I want an easy way to recognize and exclude them.

One thing is clear: If mastery-level > 305 then kick

Are there other easy to check things?

@Dayra.7405 said:What can I put into my party requirement to exclude raid player and DPS meter user? They to often make social problems in party composition, I want an easy way to recognize and exclude them.

Just put all welcome, raid players and dps meter users wont join that unless they feel like helping out.

@Dayra.7405 said:What can I put into my party requirement to exclude raid player and DPS meter user? They to often make social problems in party composition, I want an easy way to recognize and exclude them.

Probably something like chill run, no dps meters allowed or something. Also put that you would kick people with mastery of 305 or higher.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@"Firebeard.1746" said:This is kind of a hilarious thread. Y'all realize that other MMOs get their raids reset regularly, right? So like if you're behind on say, EP and you come in late that tier, in WoW you can catch up as much as you can through other means and when the next tier hits, you're on the same level more or less as everyone else, so people can't ask for KP, etc before letting you in to groups at the beginning of the new tier. GW2 has this unique issue where there isn't really anything resetting anyone's progress and no content is ever outdated per se.

Not resetting progress means that there's no natural way that new players to jump into the content with experienced ones to allow for any kind of mixing. This is an issue with Strikes as well right now, they're starting to stratify just like raids (maybe not as bad, because plenty of people like me seem willing to PuG in a more casual manner and we still
GASP
actually succeed), but it's still a problem nonetheless that people are asking for KP in beginning group content. When I was learning boneskinner before EotN I actually didn't kick noob players I had in my group for this reason: I wanted them to have a good experience with the player base. That was probably my worst boneskinner clear ever and took longer, but I don't regret it at all for the impact it had on the new player who was fawning about how fun it was.

There is a diference.If you see someone (you dont know) has a problem with math homework, you can decide to help him/her (in this example for free). This is you teaching strikes to new players. But at the same time you could go to a movie with friends.

When someone join strikes (with some lfg demands) without them, its like a kid that comes to you and give you his homework so you do it for him

And huge mistake you made is this: you asume that players ask for high requirements becausethey want loot fast. That is not always the case. I ask for high requirements (well, I only do strikEs with raid static but for same reason why I would ask for high requirements) because I dont care about the loot or kill.When I do strikes or raids, I want to have fun. And I have fun if players come together, they take responsibilities, they comunicate and they try to make every effort to not only kill the boss, but do so in as efective way as possible. We could just take anything, go there and kill it while talking about cats but then it would be ~10 minutes of a chore. Or we can wait 30 minutes doing something fun while waiting for one pug to join and ten have 5 minutes of fun.

Well in the long run if players aren't teaching new people, the number of people for your PuG will keep declining. The value of any mmo activity is in how much of the playet base it involves. If you take time to teach more people, you'll still get the fun you want, because you're communicating with them. Also, let's be real, there's usually less communication when people actually know what they're doing, and you're probably an outlier in the intent behind those high requirements.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@Firebeard.1746 said:This is kind of a hilarious thread. Y'all realize that other MMOs get their raids reset regularly, right? So like if you're behind on say, EP and you come in late that tier, in WoW you can catch up as much as you can through other means and when the next tier hits, you're on the same level more or less as everyone else, so people can't ask for KP, etc before letting you in to groups at the beginning of the new tier. GW2 has this unique issue where there isn't really anything resetting anyone's progress and no content is ever outdated per se.

Not resetting progress means that there's no natural way that new players to jump into the content with experienced ones to allow for any kind of mixing. This is an issue with Strikes as well right now, they're starting to stratify just like raids (maybe not as bad, because plenty of people like me seem willing to PuG in a more casual manner and we still
GASP
actually succeed), but it's still a problem nonetheless that people are asking for KP in beginning group content. When I was learning boneskinner before EotN I actually didn't kick noob players I had in my group for this reason: I wanted them to have a good experience with the player base. That was probably my worst boneskinner clear ever and took longer, but I don't regret it at all for the impact it had on the new player who was fawning about how fun it was.

Well in the long run if players aren't teaching new people, the number of people for your PuG will keep declining. The value of any mmo activity is in how much of the playet base it involves. If you take time to teach more people, you'll still get the fun you want, because you're communicating with them. Also, let's be real, there's usually less communication when people actually know what they're doing, and you're probably an outlier in the intent behind those high requirements.

I teach new raiders almost every week. But only when I want to.Also I guess you never played with experianced raiders. There is alot of comunication required. Who cc on which bar, who block which mechanic, who does. Who use pulls when, the order of timewarps....Alot of comunication required

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@Firebeard.1746 said:This is kind of a hilarious thread. Y'all realize that other MMOs get their raids reset regularly, right? So like if you're behind on say, EP and you come in late that tier, in WoW you can catch up as much as you can through other means and when the next tier hits, you're on the same level more or less as everyone else, so people can't ask for KP, etc before letting you in to groups at the beginning of the new tier. GW2 has this unique issue where there isn't really anything resetting anyone's progress and no content is ever outdated per se.

GASP

But I wont get the fun that I want. The act of teaching is not inherently fun to me. Trying to teach an open worlder how to deal with basic mechanics is an exercise in futility. Most of the population is so awful at basic maneuvers that expecting them to be able to target the boss to auto attack it is sometimes too much to ask. No thanks, I'll stick to the people that have LI. There are people like you who will make all welcome squads to teach them.