Can we please have some improvements of core mes to make it desireable in PVE?

Axl.8924

the way chrono and mirage are designed holds back core.in pve its all about DPS, and there are 3 Core DPS trees, Illusion, Domination and Dueling.For core to be on par or better with chrono/mirage ALL 3 must be same or better damage wise to chrono/mirage.All of those specs are hard capped due to some of core traitlines being better for one type of play, for example domination is VERY good for power damage while providing nothing for condition, no matter how weak chrono/mirage would be, something is always better then nothing.Imagine you play condi core mes, you take dueling for bleeds/pistol you take illusion for torch burn, torment and maybe scepter CD and 3rd line is useless because there is NOTHING worth taking, meanwhile mirage gives ambushes for self and clones, jaunt as damage dealing elite, condi dmg boost while having vigor and new weapon that is very good damage wise.With that being said, power core mesmer can TECHNICALLY be better then chrono/mirage in some niche, it delivers burst dmg faster, it just might be better for fractals due to faster trash clear.In my honest opinion, mesmer needs a new damage dealing elite skill, its partly why core sucks, all elites are useless. You just take moa and never use it.Heck they could make portal elite skill, It would make core way more desirable and made mirage easier to balance, you gotta lose that jaunt for the portal friend.

Core mesmer is meant to have a few distinct advantages over chrono (mirage takes the condi niche, that's fine), except:

• core supposedly has better shatters than chrono (which makes it nice against trash/burst) but gets roflstomped by time catches up and split second's slow bonus when it exists.
  • core supposedly relies less on phantasms and more on its own personal dmg output, (e.g. shatters, and hence can reach the peak of its burst faster) except danger time comes over and says no

You can't touch much of core (domi/duel) without consequently breaking even more of its big brother pchrono. If you buff illu too much, pchrono will start using abusing it, along with its largely unnecessary bonuses that it really doesn't need since it already has csplit and chronophantasma.

What could be done for the time being:

• illu as a whole traitline is nearly outclassed by just one trait in domi (vicious expression). Compounding power can be increased back to +15% dmg at full stacks (3% per stack) and can be changed to affect illusions (why domi has unarguably better illusions than illu, im not sure)
  • core actually has issues maintaining full compounding power stacks (compared to chrono/cmirage, who has barely any trouble), so duration can be increased by a few seconds with little consequence
  • this alone probably gets core very close to chrono before it can abuse all its extra bonuses (i.e. any further buff will then break chrono)
  • complex changes can be made such as adding a +120 power bonus to bountiful blades (doubled using a gs) which by using core/chrono's 20/40% (respective) reliance on illusions, will buff core while chrono stays mostly the same. This may cause gs chrono to become more slightly better than focus chrono again, but core will ironically continue to abstain from using gs to reach maximum numbers.

After this point, any further improvement to core is put at a stall until chrono's unnecessary dmg bonuses are addressed, of which we can then address how non-danger time mesmer has to use next to full sins gear (or they could address that now, considering crit cap is a thing) and maybe other things such as the 1s phantasm cast times that should do something extra/have its cast time slashed, etc.

For condi, as long as core has a power option, then it's not as neccessary. However, I would see it function in the same way - better shatters vs mirage (may require new unique mirage shatters + massive buff to cry of frustration), less reliance on clones dishing out condis (may require a +x% condi dmg trait in some '3rd' traitline that mirage has trouble using/has to sacrifice for), clone scepter/staff attack speed up, etc.

@Noodle Ant.1605 I dont think condi core can happen, it lacks condi weapons, scepter is a joke in pve, and class cant be carried by 1 ability ( shatter ) no matter how good it is.I Do want power gs core and chrono to be good, I find GS WAAAY more fun the focus, they could move portal to elite slot, so that core can use it as extra utility.that way power core -> portal + quick burst damagechrono -> sustain damage + CCand mirage would stay as condi choice and mesmer would be golden!

@Leonidrex.5649 True, condi core is mostly a lost cause, not much condi core builds exist and they require expac stats anyway.Upon retesting, core gs shouldn’t be too far from focus. The suggestion to bountiful blades will make them fairly level, but not one clearly better than the other. Whether or not gs gets any further buffs to seal the deal lies within anet’s balance decisions (or monkey throwing darts on a dartboard).Unfortunately, I’m not sure about portal becoming a elite due to how the skills are structured - the only thing that can come out is time warp, and that would already compete with time warp v2 (well of action). Or, you would have to switch portal with a manipulation which will become the new glamour (while portal becomes a manipulation), and then switch places with mass invis. Can’t see portal working as a signet/a signet working as a glamour.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:@Leonidrex.5649 True, condi core is mostly a lost cause, not much condi core builds exist and they require expac stats anyway.Upon retesting, core gs shouldn’t be too far from focus. The suggestion to bountiful blades will make them fairly level, but not one clearly better than the other. Whether or not gs gets any further buffs to seal the deal lies within anet’s balance decisions (or monkey throwing darts on a dartboard).Unfortunately, I’m not sure about portal becoming a elite due to how the skills are structured - the only thing that can come out is time warp, and that would already compete with time warp v2 (well of action). Or, you would have to switch portal with a manipulation which will become the new glamour (while portal becomes a manipulation), and then switch places with mass invis. Can’t see portal working as a signet/a signet working as a glamour.

I wished they would just slap it as elite, give it slight buff and call it a day.As for GS I think it should have more damage, focus brings more utility ( pull is super good ) so there is no reason for gs to be on par dps wise.not to mention proj destruction is another thing focus has along with condi cleanse.