wvw - whats stopping ventari rev from becoming a good support

Stand The Wall.6987

despite the fact that the healing got almost reduced by 66% from the last patch, my biggest concern is that the Tablet move should heal 10 and not 5

so its just healing the same amount of players as the firebrands can do, only with more mechanic, energy and more predictions, tinier range ,no stunbreak, either no boons or no healing, ...

Ventari could use a rework next

i played about 2000 hours of ventari rev in WvW an things i would like to see.

Project Tranquility. to actively remove 1 condition every 3 seconds. from 5 players.

Protective Solace: on activation to be a stun break.

Diminish Solace: to give 20% faster Resurrection speed.

Purifying Essence i would like to be change to 4 second cooldown.( i do not think this one really needed it would just be nice in current WvW meta)

Again, lack of stunbreak. Purifying Essence should be a stunbreak as well as have an increased energy cost.

The tablet is hard to manage properly unless you have a group that coordinates very well with you. It has the worst ease of use of all of the healers you can use in WvW, given that the heal radius is quite low and is also not centered around yourself, which means you have to predict where your group is going.

I just don't think it works mechanically as well as the other support options.The tablet has little place in a game mode who's main deciding factor in combat is often mobility.I'm not saying it's impossible and that there aren't talented Ventari revs out there in wvw.I am saying that the main viable alternatives for wvw support (Firebrand, Tempest, Scrapper) are not saddled with a cumbersome placement mechanic. Others only have to move themselves in a zerg. Ventari rev must move themselves and the tablet.

Oh yeah and stunbreak.

@Yasai.3549 said:No stunbreak, little utility, and too much micromanagement for a Legend which only provides heals and sometimes alacrity.

I agree tablet should be able to follow player and add an stunbreak to the Salvation traitline to work when the Purifing Essence is cast. Other than that the legend is very fine: it heals, cleanses, block projectiles and knock back.

That fact that ventari only covers half of your skill bar so switching out of ventari kills all your heals. Add the lack of stunbreak in ventari and from the old empty vessel and you have a healer who is only good in a closed system with no pressure.They should stop overloading legend skills with playstyle gimmicks tbh. What I mean I guess by that is they should be putting things like healing capabilities more so on traits and weapon skills, and leave the actually legend skills as utilities that are functional ouitside of the weird gimmick builds they were meant for. It's awkward to have half of my skillbar dealing with micromanaging a rock and then my secondary legend doesn't compliment that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Delay from Natural Harmony combined with the travel speed of the tablet. Either you gotta be grouped up in comms, snuggled up in a chokepoint, or fluent in the art of prediction.
  • Lack of stunbreak. On paper it makes sense why it doesn't have one. It is truly a big benefit to be able to operate the tablet while CC'd, however when putting into perspective that other support builds (let's say Firebrand) have potent instant cast skills (mantras/shouts), its tradeoff feels less justified. This suffers a similar problem as what I bring up in the first point: it makes sense on paper but not so much in practice. It's singificantly worse now with no stunbreak on swap or stab on evade now.
  • Heals being hyperconcentrated within the kit, as @ScottBroChill.3254 mentioned, causing an awkward balance between the legends while also making the legend unviable for non-support builds. Changing this would require a huge rework to the kit though.

Now what could happen? I'm not gonna make yet another Ventari suggestion post, but here are some ideas:

• Remove healing orbs and all associated traits from the game, period. Instead, introduce supportive traits that aren't solely focused around healing, such as cleansing, combo finishers, on-heal skill interactions, and boons. When three of the traits are orbs, 1 is a PBAoE blind, and two are self sustain, we aren't exactly teeming with support build diversity within the line. Give us some actual practical options that are more usable in WvW. I am still not over how much of a horribly insulting slap to the face the healing orbs was to the class. One of these new traits could be one that gives Ventari (or the class as a whole) more access to regen, which was a big loss when it got removed.
  • Bake a new staff trait into Invoking Harmony that gives Renewing Wave 2 charges. Both Tranquil Balance and Invoking Harmony are lackluster af now.
  • Increase the travel speed of the tablet by ~33%.
  • Give Selfless Amplification a 60 increased radius to tablet skills. I previously suggested this a while back but and think it is a good idea again considering that Natural Harmony is significantly weaker now, so the increased radius is more permissible. We aren't exactly shitting out 12k heals with it anymore.
  • Give Purifying Essence a stunbreak. It's not that complicated.
  • Keep Renegade's traited Alacrity at a 10 target cap. Sometimes, 10-target skills are okay for the gamemode. This one, IMO, is one of them.
  • Reintroduce the 10-target cap to Shared Empowerment. Keep the duration at 4 seconds. Why this trait? It had exquisite synergy with Elevated Compassion. The nerf hammer will hit Draconic Echo as it is probably the most egregious 10-target trait in the game when running Glint. This will help give Elevated Compassion a bit of a push towards viability.

I could go on into more ideas, but those are just some off the top of my head.

-