Shiro/mallyx

Psycoprophet.8107

If you are going for fun factor, by all means go for it. It is in my eyes the most fun legend combo. You can always supplement it in WvW with good ol' TB/Dire. I roamed on it for over a year and had great success with it. Kinda stopped playing condi Rev since the big patch, but it felt fine the few times I tried it out. You stick on people like glue. If you want to ruin a double swooper Boonbeast's day, it is a great spec to play.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Has anyone made these two work well together?

I haven’t played it recently, but Shiro/Mallyx was meta ages ago when Revenant was first released, so they definitely have good synergy. There’s also more possible ways to play it now (before it was pigeonholed as Herald, but now Core would be viable for it as well) and more options for good sustain traits as well which is really the only major thing the legend combo is missing.

So if I was you I would play it Hybrid Condi (not full condi or you’re not taking full advantage of shiro/swords) and take some sustain traits to make up for the lack of Glint. I would only choose Herald as a traitline if you want FoN - Mallyx for Transfers and shield for cleanses. Otherwise I’d take Invo-Devastation-Retribution.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Ok thanks guys thought I'd ask people first so i don't waste my time lol

I wouldn’t let random forum people’s opinions dissuade you from trying something, especially since many people haven’t even tried it themselves. As I mentioned above the combo was meta for a time so it’s not a crazy outlandish idea necessarily.

Also remember that when asking the forums for advice you have almost no way to know how good the person is who is giving advice, how knowledgeable they are in their class, etc. You’re getting opinions from everyone from bronze to legend, potentially, so take things people on the forums say with a grain of salt and form your own opinions through your own experience. If you like the idea, go for it!

I use Mallyx Shiro now instead of Mallyx Jalis.

It's a Power Build.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQIMPKi1RSMOCiRSgMCSgD1U2yG-zVRYBBLGdsTpNFQnSgQFC9KC04A-w

Shiro is gonna be yur primary engage and pressure set.Mallyx is yur defensive set.

Swapping back into Shiro from Mallyx allows yu to have a Quickness boosted Jade Winds to catch opponents unawares and yu can follow up with Ancient Echo and Impossible Odds to get in a few quick Autos for 5k+ damage.

Mallyx and Shiro can both be used to escape danger.

Since both Legends are energy intensive, Charged Mists is actually a very very strong alternative for this build in order to give yurself more Energy.I would use it too but I like Song of the Mist out of preferrence.

@phokus.8934 said:You*.

I’m not sure why you wouldn’t run Herald for its sustain.

Because Herald traitline itself does not complement two Energy hungry Legends.Invocation however, does.

And Devastation is too good to drop for Power, and Corruption is too good to drop for Resistance uptime and Damage reduction while having Resistance.

Ancient Echo is a bonus icing on a cake with Energy recharge, Resistance while in Mallyx, and 2 Unblockable hits while in Shiro.

@Yasai.3549 Interesting build, I am going to have to give that a go actually. I tried making Shiro/Mallyx work pre-patch a few times, but it felt too squishy. Have you tried with Resistance runes? Can't go wrong with Dura of course, but seems like it could work nicely with -condi duration ascended power food. Worth proccing EtD if just for the rune proc.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:@Yasai.3549 Interesting build, I am going to have to give that a go actually. I tried making Shiro/Mallyx work pre-patch a few times, but it felt too squishy. Have you tried with Resistance runes? Can't go wrong with Dura of course, but seems like it could work nicely with -condi duration ascended power food. Worth proccing EtD if just for the rune proc.

Not as great.Dura gives Protection as well which stacks up nicely in terms of damage reduction when yu have Resistance up.

Also, 10% Max HP, 15% Boon duration are all pretty good bonuses over condi duration reduction which can be supplemented with Food.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:I used Shiro mostly for chase or kiting stuff like rampage. Apart from that hes pretty much useless for condi builds, but then again we dont really have a second condi legend either way, if you dont need mobility Glint is obviously a better choice

Renegade /deamon can be used not only with carrion stats (plaguedoctor or marshal stats if one play on team that needs slightly support, someplayers told that celestial tends to work as well):\

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:I used Shiro mostly for chase or kiting stuff like rampage. Apart from that hes pretty much useless for condi builds, but then again we dont really have a second condi legend either way, if you dont need mobility Glint is obviously a better choice

Renegade /deamon can be used not only with carrion stats (plaguedoctor or marshal stats if one play on team that needs slightly support, someplayers told that celestial tends to work as well):\

Idk why u would pick anything other than trail/dire in wvw tbh ngl. I dont need any support either since i just solo roam. Managed to kill 4 ppl once on my own (lol). Shame i didnt record it

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Idk why u would pick anything other than trail/dire in wvw tbh ngl. I dont need any support either since i just solo roam. Managed to kill 4 ppl once on my own (lol). Shame i didnt record it

Well deamon renegade is a decent setup, before patch was "kinda" being carried it( no kinda ... was totally carried) wining 1 X 5 sometimes target had high pvp tier symbols(:S if that meanst anything..), 2 condi revs could aply like 70-80 torment stacks ganking :\ still have healing and still do somewhat decen phisical damage.Deamon rev atm feels way(is) weaker than before the balance patch, i always felt deamon fits better with renegade hybrid stats than actually dire stats, rev pure condi imo are +1 and not soloers. :\

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Well deamon renegade is a decent setup, before patch was "kinda" being carried it( no kinda ... was totally carried) wining 1 X 5 sometimes target had high pvp tier symbols(:S if that meanst anything..), 2 condi revs could aply like 70-80 torment stacks ganking :\ still have healing and still do somewhat decen phisical damage.Deamon rev atm feels way(is) weaker than before the balance patch, i always felt deamon fits better with renegade hybrid stats than actually dire stats, rev pure condi imo are +1 and not soloers. :\

Not in wvw and i would never run a dead pve traitline like rene. I played core

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Not in wvw and i would never run a dead pve traitline like rene. I played core

Renegade traits are fine :P issue is the utilities and the weapon :pensive:Core is great actually and very very underrated.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:Rene is dmg boost, dmg boost, more dmg boost and nothing related to corruption anyway. 0 synergy. Kalla legend is trash and so is the shortbow. How tf it got released is beyond me

In that i agree >_> but its the only elite alternative to Herald we have :\ anmd the damage boost is only for the bow with minimal sustain boons that only work in pve/due how fast spirits die in pvp.Even if we look on lore wise the only renegades (Kalla Scorchrazor (1079–1116 AE), grandcub of Pyre Fierceshot, ) with bow are the charrs on the Living story thingy :\