Using Dualshock 4 Controller. Suggest a Class!

I started playing GW2 again yesterday and I spent most of that time optimizing a controller setup for the game. I realized that my issue was not using a controller but that Elementalist was not very intuitive with a controller. What classes would have:

1) Minimal AoE circle casting2) Minimal Profession Skill swapping for efficient gameplay3) Be fun for a controller experience

I realize that this means I will not be playing as optimally or as effectively as I could but my goal is to play GW2 with controller and have a class that can be engaging with that scheme.

Thanks for reading!

Maybe not an direct answer to your question but regarding Aoe circle casting.

0) There are options in the setting that you might want to take a look at.In generel option -> Combat/Movement SectionThere is a dropdown for groundtargeting, which allows different settingand there is an Option called "Snap ground target to current target" which you could check.

1) + 2) For professions with as few placeable aoe as possible and only few class mechanics... i would probably say warriorIt has only F1 and depending on specialization a F2 Skilland the only aoes that come to mind immediatly are on longbow, and banners in the utility.I only rarely play my war though so i could miss some things.

3) As i don't use a controller i can't say much about that.

@"Ronan.9518" said:There are options in the setting that you might want to take a look at.In generel option -> Combat/Movement SectionThere is a dropdown for groundtargeting, which allows different settingand there is an Option called "Snap ground target to current target" which you could check.

I will have to give this a shot! I think this will solve my problem with ground targeting. As for profession skills, I will spend some extra time configuring another way to easily access profession skills.

I play with a controller only, all nine professions, I don't feel limited in any way.

however, I do think the controller experience works best with action camera turned on, give that a try. there are a few settings to deal with aoe placement as it was previously mentioned. I personally also use a shortcut to enable/disable "stick ground skills to target", as a few classes it's better to manually place aoes on your allies rather than the enemy (like my chronomancer's wells).

Granted, it is a bit of a handicap to use this setup against highly mobile targets that constantly move out of your sight, so it's not recommended for PvP and WvW roaming.