So, what did I miss?

Panncakez.1290

I've been away for an entire winter (i think), came back, logged onto my ranger and didn't really understood where the quickness was coming from. Looked at my traits, found out Lead the Wind was changed. Went to forums, opened up every patchnote-post of 2020, ctrl+F, type "ranger", "whoa, what are those insane power scaling nerfs?". But as I understand - everyone got nerfed hard, right? The question is - why? Are devs changing their philosophy or something?

ANET are trying to undo the power creep that has been happening since hot and establish a base line of how strong each class is. While they did tone down a lot of traits and skills for every class, they didn’t do everything and every so often “rebalance” a few more things. Next patch is pretty much a pet nerf for rangers if the cries on the forum are anything to go on.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:ANET are trying to undo the power creep that has been happening since hot and establish a base line of how strong each class is. While they did tone down a lot of traits and skills for every class, they didn’t do everything and every so often “rebalance” a few more things. Next patch is pretty much a pet nerf for rangers if the cries on the forum are anything to go on.

Did I miss another patch then? From my memory ranger pets were unreliable in pvp/wvw, they either get chunked in a zerg or can't reach reach any mobile class with their attacks since pets stand still during wind-up animation.

@Panncakez.1290 said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:ANET are trying to undo the power creep that has been happening since hot and establish a base line of how strong each class is. While they did tone down a lot of traits and skills for every class, they didn’t do everything and every so often “rebalance” a few more things. Next patch is pretty much a pet nerf for rangers if the cries on the forum are anything to go on.

Did I miss another patch then? From my memory ranger pets were unreliable in pvp/wvw, they either get chunked in a zerg or can't reach reach any mobile class with their attacks since pets stand still during wind-up animation.

They still are. Issue after the balance to all power damage in game pets are more noticeable. And peeps don't like to play against the pet mechanic.