Confusion Damage

Stavros.8249

@Stavros.8249 said:But how can I use it in pve. It must change in damage per second to 0.06 and do more damage if a skill is made, like torment. And for pvp keep it like this.I used to play Mesmer allot before 2/25 (not so much now) when running ARC and using condi I learned that Bleeding is almost always the top damage source on condi mirage. It was this way in any game mode and as I recall with any weapon set. I was running pistol off hand with dueling and usually either illusions or Chaos depending what I was doing. Confusion may have a brief spike when things attack quickly, if you know the encounter you can use combo fields to add more stacks and get some nice burst, however, your bread and butter damage on condi Mirage is going to be bleeding followed by torrment. Confusion is usually 3rd highest damage source at best.

• 1 month later...

@Fueki.4753 said:Do regular enemy attacks in PvE even count as skills?Confusion always felt absolutely useless to me in PvE.

they do, but enemies dont get to attack many of the times, not only they take VERY long pauses between attacks but also CC exists, if you go to do a fractal as a 5man party and attack a pack of mobs there is 99% chance that the mobs will be stunned for the entire duration.thats why confusion is kinda niche, to really have any value it has to be against enemies that cant really be controlled, so bosses/champions, and to really have value it needs to be against enemies that attack in quickly. thats why you will find it good on some of the raid bosses while being absolutely worthless anywhere else.for example when Im doing meta in the new map, I can land axe 3 ( with 3 clones ) and shatter them all with F2, and the confusion hits for 5-6k damage, its just not a good condition

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Do regular enemy attacks in PvE even count as skills?Confusion always felt absolutely useless to me in PvE.

they do, but enemies dont get to attack many of the times, not only they take VERY long pauses between attacks but also CC exists, if you go to do a fractal as a 5man party and attack a pack of mobs there is 99% chance that the mobs will be stunned for the entire duration.thats why confusion is kinda niche, to really have any value it has to be against enemies that cant really be controlled, so bosses/champions, and to really have value it needs to be against enemies that attack in quickly. thats why you will find it good on some of the raid bosses while being absolutely worthless anywhere else.for example when Im doing meta in the new map, I can land axe 3 ( with 3 clones ) and shatter them all with F2, and the confusion hits for 5-6k damage, its just not a good condition

I was actually thinking about Open World, I should have stated that.Those forged skate boarders never seemed to get damage from it.

@Fueki.4753 said:

I was actually thinking about Open World, I should have stated that.Those forged skate boarders never seemed to get damage from it.

it could be the coding issue, confusion deals dmg when you start casting, for all we know they "cast" their scating at the start and it persists for 30s+.on the other hand if I remember right there are "miniguns" in new zone, and each bullet they fire applies confusion damage to them so they melt under it

@necromaniac.7629 said:

@Stavros.8249 said:But how can I use it in pve. It must change in damage per second to 0.06 and do more damage if a skill is made, like torment. And for pvp keep it like this.

Did you base it off the condi chrono build on snowcrows? I play it and know my around it, but its not every situation that i use it

Yes. I really like that build but i dont make it cause confusion doesnt do damage per second.

@Stavros.8249 said:

@Stavros.8249 said:But how can I use it in pve. It must change in damage per second to 0.06 and do more damage if a skill is made, like torment. And for pvp keep it like this.

Did you base it off the condi chrono build on snowcrows? I play it and know my around it, but its not every situation that i use it

Yes. I really like that build but i dont make it cause confusion doesnt do damage per second.

well...mobs or whatever have to attack either way and when they do...KABOOM