Looking for some strong solo champions and general open world class/build post the big patch.

Horan.7013

Back to GW2 from a long break. I am a casual player who is mainly interested in catching up on the story and doing some open-world PvE just as killing big bosses. (Like the champion avatar of Balthazar HP)I know every class has a good open-world/solo champ build that can successfully solo bosses but I am trying to pick a class and stick to it so I can be better.I am also interested in that thing called "striker mission" as well as fractals, which I've never done before. Raids, not so much as I am a filthy casual.
I googled to find just classes but most of them were pre-Feb patch.
Can you please recommend me some of the class/builds for me?

As a main Engi player, i can tell you that the Flamethrower Scrapper Open World build is kinda nice if you don't plan to do any competitive play or something else. It's super easy to play, works well and i think it's fun! Carrion Firebrand - Axe/Torch is also really good, but a little harder to get used to it.

I give you my strongest build for Weaver. Use wisely.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwyYSsLGJOOT7vbA-zRRYRRD6hMcwhRfBkkAODA-e

This one is for Firebrand:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100077/my-personal-firebrand-garbage-build-i-want-to-share#latest

If you put Superior Runes of Tormenting in your armor (condi mirage /Axe), you will get an ultimate healing.

That build is just bad. Why would you play power fb with diviner + 50 boon duration? Accuracy is also worse than force in almost all cases. You could just swap gear to condi and traits. would give you perma might, fury and quickness without any boon duration while doing 3 times the damage.

That build is just bad. Why would you play power fb with diviner + 50 boon duration? Accuracy is also worse than force in almost all cases. You could just swap gear to condi and traits. would give you perma might, fury and quickness without any boon duration while doing 3 times the damage.

It's Lord Hizen's build, but reworked by me so it's still work somehow. That boon duration is important because you got 45% crit chance from boons (retaliation and fury). It's important to have these boons permanent. This is not dps build, it's a "strong build to solo group content", just like Horan wanted (you should be able to facetank everything).Accuracy is better than force. 5% damage for solo play is nothing.

@Antycypator.9874 said:Accuracy is better than force. 5% damage for solo play is nothing.

Only soulbeast with banner + food + scholar has enough ferocity for them to be equal. It doesn't matter where you are, that is a simple numbers thing which you can calculate very easily.I dont see how your build can facetank with just marauders and no healing power. Condi could use trailblazer and since its firebrand even dire to become unkillable.Full dps condi fb has btw almost the same hp as your build + all the boons without investing into boon duration.Power firebrand is just bad. Even in fractals it needs a very high dps group since cfb pulls ahead if phases are not 3sec long.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Antycypator.9874 said:Accuracy is better than force. 5% damage for solo play is nothing.

Only soulbeast with banner + food + scholar has enough ferocity for them to be equal. It doesn't matter where you are, that is a simple numbers thing which you can calculate very easily.I dont see how your build can facetank with just marauders and no healing power. Condi could use trailblazer and since its firebrand even dire to become unkillable.Full dps condi fb has btw almost the same hp as your build + all the boons without investing into boon duration.Power firebrand is just bad. Even in fractals it needs a very high dps group since cfb pulls ahead if phases are not 3sec long.

its a build for casual solo play. The OP is looking for a build to easily solo story missions and hero points. Ease of use >> min maxing stats.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

Only soulbeast with banner + food + scholar has enough ferocity for them to be equal. It doesn't matter where you are, that is a simple numbers thing which you can calculate very easily.

You have to see the whole picture and not only your dps meter.Accuracy gives more critical chance, which might be very important if your critical chance is not high enough, to help triggering critical hit traits and sigils.

Power firebrand is just bad. Even in fractals it needs a very high dps group since cfb pulls ahead if phases are not 3sec long.I'm not sure it is a correct assumption. I have looked Wooden Potatoe Firebrand Power build video and he is doing great things with it. Maybe he could do better with condi, but power seemed to work fine.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

its a build for casual solo play. The OP is looking for a build to easily solo story missions and hero points. Ease of use >> min maxing stats.

So how is the build good for soloplay? Force sigil and accuracy are simple dps sigils and force almost always wins. The build has only very few defensive stats on it and almost no damage mods.Condi fb is very easy to use since you just spam f1 all the time with constant resets on open world. That doesnt benefit power builds as much.

• 4 weeks later...

I use pistol/pistol deadeye to do everything, ow events, story, soloing champion, node farming etc.To solo champion I use, crtical strike 3-2-3, trickery 3-1-2, deadeye 1-3-1 and equip sword/pistol on the other weapon set in case some champs reflect projectile.To tag mobs in ow events I use, critical strike 3-3-3, trickery 3-1-2, deadeye 2-2-2 with shortbow for tagging and mobility.For gear, I use berserker armor, marauder trinkets, eagle runes, force and generosity sigil since my build lacks condi cleanse.With this set up, you will have almost 100% crit chance with sigent of agility and 90% hp and about 223% crit dmg.For heal skill I switch between heal signet and withdraw. I switch utility skills a lot depending on situation but I mostly use assasin and agility signet. The last slot depends on what is needed for each fight like stun break, cc, dps or utility like stealth, portal and 1200-ranged pull. For elite skill I switch between thieves guild and dagger storm.