Core Necromancer feels weak

Humor.5763

Hello all,

So I've finished World completion on my Revenant/Renegade now. Thought I might try out a new class.

So, Necromancer has always been on my list ever since the Beta/Launch of the game, but I was having too much fun with Warrior, Guardian, and as soon as HoT came out, tried Revenant, left for a few years, came back, and fully stacked my Renegade build into "Condition" (Damage over time). Now with my Renegade, I'm not even "Geared" out, mainly have rings/accessories/weapons, but not armor, or runes that boost condition damage, so again, not "Geared" by any means. However, with the combo rotation I'm using with Mace/Axe/Short bow, my Renegade can easily achieve 2-3K damage per tick, of Torment, and Fire damage. and usually around 500-1K per tick with poison damage. So stacking all these together, I'm able easily to take out groups, elites, and even some champion monsters/enemies with ease.

So, beginning a Necromancer (Core class), I started from level 1, and am currently lvl 72, however, I'm struggling to find any good weapons for this core class. I do plan on going "Reaper" once I reach level 80, and have saved up plenty of skill points.

Right from the get go, I knew I pretty much wanted to focus my Necromancer around you know... What Necromancers do, and summon minions. The survivability is great with how I have my Necromancer built thus far, and I don't really have any problem taking out Champion creatures at all, where I would struggle on a few with my Renegade. While this is all fine and great, as mentioned above, I've been struggling to find any real damage to be dealt by the Core class itself.

At the beginning, I started out using Dagger (Main hand), and Focus (Off hand), which seemed to be the highest damage dealing weapon I could possibly find, with the shortest cooldowns as well. As I started to get higher into the levels, I asked around in map chat and such, asking what the best weapon for a Necromancer would be, and got very mixed opinions on pretty much every weapon. Some people say the staff is the best, some say Scepter, even the Axe came up here and there, but never a Dagger. So, I did a bit of research, and found out that the Dagger (Main hand), seems to give the most life force, while the Staff is used simply to "Tag" trash monsters, which from swapping between these weapons, and trying it out for myself I could pretty much see, especially from the very beginning the Staff never really felt like it did anything to good.

I got down to a pretty simple rotation which seems to work for any weapon really, I would simply pull groups of enemies, use the staff Signet traps, swap to my dagger, go into Dark Shroud form, and use the #4 skill Life Drain or whatever it's called, then use the #5 skill, which casts torment on enemies, and soon afterwards blows up. This usually kills the group of enemies I'm fighting, and I soon afterwards continue to build up Lifeforce with the Dagger.

The reason I mentioned my Renegade at the beginning, is because from what I've looked up, a lot of people seem to say a "Condition" necromancer is good. So, I tried stacking as much Condition damage as possible on my lvl 72 Necromancer, and I have to say, I'm disappointed. In comparison to even the base Revenant class, the Scepter only targets one enemy at a time, where the Revenant's Condition damage targets anything in a straight line, and the mace's normal attack hits multiple enemies, stacking even more condition damage, and again the damage the Revenant/Renegade is doing per tick is around 2-3K per tick of fire damage, and Torment, with 500-1000 being Poison (Due to my ruins on the mace).

So I suppose what I'm getting at as the title mentions, does the Core Necromancer solely focus on minions for damage? Because every other weapon feels incredibly weak. I do very much like being able to survive majority of champions I've ran across so far, but I can't help but think the Necromancer (Core class), is nothing but a utility, which makes me question whether or not any of the subclasses (Scourge/reaper) are going to be any different.

This of course is meant to be directed towards PvE.

• Confused 1

Core hasn't good PvE weapons. The result of that state - which exists since game release - is reaper with its amazing greatsword and scythe. The community demanded a viable PvE spec for necro.

For scourge they added the F-skills as the "weapon" to go.

Core necro in PvE is nothing less than a pain in the ass. Even in the competitive modes its weapons and shroud skills are underwhelming and boring.

When people say condi necro is good, then they are not talking about PvE.

Core Necro is awkward.

For Condi build, it seems to be focused around the gimmick of using Corruption skills to apply conditions to yourself and then using Plague Signet + Deathly Swarm/Putrid Mark (From x/Dagger and Staff respectively) to send them to your enemy... But also using Epidemic to spread them in an AoE... Which leaves you with limited options to actually do much. With Scepter seemingly being balanced around having the GM trait from Curses spec "Lingering Curse" to make Feast of Corruption become an AoE (As well as significantly buffing its single target Condi stacking with the 50% duration increase)

For Power build you pretty much just have Axe/Warhorn. As Axe can burst pretty decently with Ghastly Claws (Which also gains a bunch of Life Force) whilst this weapon set up also has some AoE in the form of Unholy Feast and Locust Swarm (Unfortunately, UF's extra explosion proc has a ridiculous 25% life threshold making it rather useless). Though, Well of Suffering is also really strong

Once you get Elite specs though, Necro finally gets some decent skills. Greatsword is pretty good (With Reaper Shroud being sick) making a Power build viable. While Scourge gets a suite of F skills and support for Condi builds as well as access to Burning, though there's still a distinct lack of straight forward Condi stacking in an AoE, with it relying almost entirely on Epidemic which comes with a 50% duration decrease...

Core necromancer has a strong hybrid component to its gameplay, so you are kinda forced if you wanna maximize dmg to go hybrid equipment but you become squishy.Keep in mind condi core necro is a tank(rabid/dire gear or trailblazer) with no that high damage but you have so much armor and vitality that it's difficult to die.If you consider going Reaper I would advise you to start getting berserker gear before and after level80, so that you are basically already on the mindset of a power reaper.You can still keep playing power minion mancer if you want it's probably the strongest option in open world pve, in case you don't like it here a build you can tryhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSAFgE25WZGsE2BDhdij0k3qE-e you can use golem too if you need to break bars, but lich with grimspecter that steal vitality if you are surrounded by can be usefull.

• Confused 1

@"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:Core necromancer has a strong hybrid component to its gameplay, so you are kinda forced if you wanna maximize dmg to go hybrid equipment but you become squishy.Keep in mind condi core necro is a tank(rabid/dire gear or trailblazer) with no that high damage but you have so much armor and vitality that it's difficult to die.If you consider going Reaper I would advise you to start getting berserker gear before and after level80, so that you are basically already on the mindset of a power reaper.You can still keep playing power minion mancer if you want it's probably the strongest option in open world pve, in case you don't like it here a build you can tryhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSAFgE25WZGsE2BDhdij0k3qE-e you can use golem too if you need to break bars, but lich with grimspecter that steal vitality if you are surrounded by can be usefull.

I try to refrain from looking up builds, I don't find premade stuff any fun, and it doesn't help me learn. Thanks though, to everyone.

I suppose I'm not used to being so "Tanky", well at least not in a game that doesn't revolve around a "Holy Trinity".

Necro is still fun, I suppose I'm just not used to such a weak class. Didn't really want to make a Necro for Afk farming, but kinda seems like that's their only saving grace right now.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll pick up once I swap to a Reaper. I heard Scourge got nerfed into the ground a while back, so, that's pretty much what deters me from even attempting to throw any points into it as of yet.

Thanks again all. If no weapon really has any value to core Necro, suppose I'll tough it out with what I'm currently using (Dagger/Focus). Long Cooldown times bore me, especially after the Renegade/Reveneant being able to turn on and off certain skills at will (Mainly Mallyx and stacking 30 Torments to groups).

@Humor.5763 said:

@"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:Core necromancer has a strong hybrid component to its gameplay, so you are kinda forced if you wanna maximize dmg to go hybrid equipment but you become squishy.Keep in mind condi core necro is a tank(rabid/dire gear or trailblazer) with no that high damage but you have so much armor and vitality that it's difficult to die.If you consider going Reaper I would advise you to start getting berserker gear before and after level80, so that you are basically already on the mindset of a power reaper.You can still keep playing power minion mancer if you want it's probably the strongest option in open world pve, in case you don't like it here a build you can try
you can use golem too if you need to break bars, but lich with grimspecter that steal vitality if you are surrounded by can be usefull.

I try to refrain from looking up builds, I don't find premade stuff any fun, and it doesn't help me learn. Thanks though, to everyone.

I suppose I'm not used to being so "Tanky", well at least not in a game that doesn't revolve around a "Holy Trinity".

Necro is still fun, I suppose I'm just not used to such a weak class. Didn't really want to make a Necro for Afk farming, but kinda seems like that's their only saving grace right now.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll pick up once I swap to a Reaper. I heard Scourge got nerfed into the ground a while back, so, that's pretty much what deters me from even attempting to throw any points into it as of yet.

Thanks again all. If no weapon really has any value to core Necro, suppose I'll tough it out with what I'm currently using (Dagger/Focus). Long Cooldown times bore me, especially after the Renegade/Reveneant being able to turn on and off certain skills at will (Mainly Mallyx and stacking 30 Torments to groups).

scepter warhorn is condi if that helps, and axe is power.

Reaper has greatsword, which when combined with axe you have a medium-range with the ability to put on a ton of vulnerability, and greatsword can smack enemies fairly hard in PVE. On top of that, you can also do a ton of damage with number 3 on GS. I think greatsword is the best PVE weapon, along side reaper.

If this is about SPVP, core nec was nerfed fairly hard and soon it's going to be nerfed really hard into the ground. Any time necros are good in SPVP, it doesn't last long before they become punching bags, and that's what everyone wants.

Players often do not provide enough detail when discussing "condi-Necro."

Core power-Necro with extra condi duration and corruptions is good in PvP. The mostly non-damaging, soft CC conditions support power builds with chill, cripple, stun, and such. That is it. Necro does not have a good condi-dps build, even among elite specializations.

Necro used to have some good condi builds but was hard-nerfed. Core Necro used to be decent at condition management but other professions were reworked to be as good, if not better.

Core Necro is weak. Use Epidemic to copy-pasta conditions between mobs. It is the one major skill in core that will get your Necro above trash tier for a moment, if you use it right and are lucky. Otherwise, get used to minions.

Core necro is "OK". It is not especially "weak", it just lack burst now that focus #4 have been changed.The gameplay sure is less exciting than reaper's but that's all. It's not that difficult to do high numbers in PvE (13k-15k hits) by simply using life blast. As for condition damage, the ramping up is indeed longer and it's important to not think of dhuumfire as an important tool of your dps while playing core in fact dhuumfire is mostly a dps loss in this gamemode (A core condi build will focus on bleed above all in PvE and use shroud almost only for Shrd#2 and Shrd#5 or as temporary defense).

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:This thread is the epitome of why we need PvE, PvP, and WvW tags within the professions forum.

Core is great in the PvP modes right now and has always been kinda meh in PvE because of how insanely tanky it is since the content never actually lets it leverage its durability.

The necromancer in the vanilla game (before HoT) never felt "tanky" in PvE. In fact, survivability was one of it's issue in dungeons and fractals where a single dodge or teleporting often proved more useful than entering shroud. Believe it or not it was one of the numerous reasons behind the lack of popularity of the necromancer in instanced PvE content. (lack of survivability, lack of mobility, lack of cleave, lack of blast, lack of damage and lack of utility. That's how the necromancer was seen before HoT)

As for the thread, the OP specifically write:

I don't see any ambiguity. The necromancer itself is a lost cause in term of competivity for high end PvE purpose due to it's tools design and PvE design. As for open PvE it is and have always been fine since you don't need much "subtility" in this aspect of the game.

@"KrHome.1920" said:Core hasn't good PvE weapons. The result of that state - which exists since game release - is reaper with its amazing greatsword and scythe. The community demanded a viable PvE spec for necro.

For scourge they added the F-skills as the "weapon" to go.

Core necro in PvE is nothing less than a pain in the kitten. Even in the competitive modes its weapons and shroud skills are underwhelming and boring.

When people say condi necro is good, then they are not talking about PvE.

Core Condi Necro is not bad

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Core necro is "OK". It is not especially "weak", it just lack burst now that focus #4 have been changed.The gameplay sure is less exciting than reaper's but that's all. It's not that difficult to do high numbers in PvE (13k-15k hits) by simply using life blast. As for condition damage, the ramping up is indeed longer and it's important to not think of dhuumfire as an important tool of your dps while playing core in fact dhuumfire is mostly a dps loss in this gamemode (A core condi build will focus on bleed above all in PvE and use shroud almost only for Shrd#2 and Shrd#5 or as temporary defense).

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:This thread is the epitome of why we need PvE, PvP, and WvW tags within the professions forum.

Core is great in the PvP modes right now and has always been kinda meh in PvE because of how insanely tanky it is since the content never actually lets it leverage its durability.

The necromancer in the vanilla game (before HoT) never felt "tanky" in PvE. In fact, survivability was one of it's issue in dungeons and fractals where a single dodge or teleporting often proved more useful than entering shroud. Believe it or not it was one of the numerous reasons behind the lack of popularity of the necromancer in instanced PvE content. (lack of survivability, lack of mobility, lack of cleave, lack of blast, lack of damage and lack of utility. That's how the necromancer was seen before HoT)

As for the thread, the OP specifically write:

I don't see any ambiguity. The necromancer itself is a lost cause in term of competivity for high end PvE purpose due to it's tools design and PvE design. As for open PvE it is and have always been fine since you don't need much "subtility" in this aspect of the game.

I missed the PvE sentence. My bad.Though it does kinda reinforce my point having a tag would be super helpful, even if for my own sake lol.

• 1 year later...

A condi Necro is weak....  I don't get why players complained about a condi Necro being OP because that's garbage.  After getting in a lot of WvW, I have a feel for the classes as a developer and not as a player.  GW2's pvp sucks!

The reason pvp is bad is because there's too much "bullet proofing."  Take the thief for exampe....  For starters, that class is number one "OP."  The thief can constantly vanish and appear and even teleport 100 yards away and back in a blink of an eye.  The worst part about the class is the fact, they escape all damage when vanishing....  Really!?  You go let that class escape all damage..... ?  WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!  So basically you have a class you can't touch and their damage on you is overkill per hit.

Look at the mesmer.....  You burn everything on your action bar killing the clones, which means the real mesmer is free to go to town on you and they have overkill dps per hit.  Even if you hit them, it seems to do very little.

I've seen instances where a player was getting hit by multiple players and on my screen all I could see was, "blockblockblockblockblock" and "evadeevadeevadeevadeevade."  How is that WvW pvp?  It's player vs bullet proof!

Somebody in the game said the old development team that worked on World of Warcraft is responsible for GW2's content.  I'm starting to believe that statement now because the thief is an exact copy of rouge from "WOW" and Ranger is an exact copy of Hunter from "WOW."  Guardians can even grab and pull you like the Death Knight from "WOW."

Warcraft's pvp was garbage!

That's the problem with mmorpgs that include PvP.....  The developers can't balance things because they put in too much bullet proofing instead of letting players face up and go toe to toe at some point in combat.  It's nonsense when you think about....  Why allow a Ranger to do such much damage from distance?   You're not giving the target a chance, especially when you add it the stun shots.  Instead, let the Ranger have a weaker "DOT" long range and force the class to to pull a mele weapon at some point and actually fight at close range; the same concept should apply to all long range hitting classes.

Put the thief's vanishing on a cool down, force the class to pull daggers and actually fight you.  Get rid of all the 100 yard teleporting.  It's so bad in-game, thief players will actually appear right in the middle of the opposition and jump up and down.  When a player has that much confidence, you know the class has too much and is "OP."

I watched one thief killed 30+ players solo because he kept vanishing out of all damage.  I mean even marks on the ground had no effect (marks are garbage anyway) and when you can re-appear and stab a player for 7k damage or more...  You're GOD!  The Thief and Mesmer are GOD classes in game.  You will not win solo and it has nothing to do with skill and 100 percent everything to do with unbalanced classes and too much bullet proofing because GW2 like a lot of mmorpgs...  Is a press-button-action-tray-game...no real skill required, just the best gear and best OP/bullet proofing classes.

The weakest class in the game is condi Necro.  Why?  It sucks....  I know, I play that class and I have all other classes as well.  Players will walk through and all over you Marks.  You wanna know why?  Because the "DOT" from marks is like 100, 150, 200, 250, 300-400 and if you can catch them in the Sandstorm Shade, you might see 1K ticks of "DOT."  That sucks!  Players have too much health/toughness, healing and bullet proofing to be effected by Marks and players complain about condi Necro's "DOT" and got the class "Nerfed"......   "Geezus Kryst!"

The Necro has nothing to be afraid of!  Spectral Walk could have been useful but the "Devs" made it garbage.  If you get hit during the Spectral Walk, it will drop out and leave you hanging with no recall.  Instead of lighting up the Necro during Spectral Walk, how about allowing the Necro to go partial transparent...?  You let the thief stay vanished all day long....  The worst thing about the ability is the fact, if you do get the recall, everybody that targeted you will still have you targeted.  THAT TOTALLY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF PULLING BACK!

It's not rocket science.....  GW2 classes are just so unbalance when it comes to pvp and again, a huge part of that is all the pullet proofing and no "toe to toe" face ups worth anything.  The thief and Mesmer are by far the boldest classes in the game.  Players that run on those two already know they're going to win every 1 on 1.  The only way they drop is if an army chase them down and I mean chase them down which comes right back to what I've been expressing.  It's too easy for those classes to escape.  You'll never escape on a Necro because that class doesn't have any such abilities.

Seriously, Necro is the worst class in WvW/PvP.  If you're running a Reaper, you might feel different but Condi-Necro is garbage.  No damage for "DOTs" at all!  Players happy accept your "DOT" as they free run towards you for the kill because none of your other abilities deal any real damage either.  Dagger, torch....I don't care what you have as a condi Necro, the damage is going to be low unless you Reaper "Zerg" but now you're just telling players you can't build the way YOU want to build and still deal damage.  I guess "DOT" isn't considered damage...huh....

It makes no sense...  The developers allow a thief to stab you for 10K but can't allow your Marks to do 3K damage at the lowest pure tick?  Folks....  If a condi Necro lose 10K health on one hit and his "DOT" only did 2K damage a tick, it will take 5 ticks to equal the 10K a thief did but by the time those 5 ticks happen, how many more hits you think the thief is going to get?  Yeah, a thief just don't usually hit once.  So how does low "DOT" from condi Necros supposed to work?  You're basically a "DOT" machine as a condi Necro but you have no damage per tick.....  No damage per tick equals no kills....  PERIOD!!!

Wow.....   Wow......   WOOOOOWWWOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely brain dead development.

You know....  The Necro is the Warrior in Warcraft.  The reason I said (typed) that is, players complained about the Warrior class in "WOW" for no real reason and the "Devs" "nerfed" the class so bad, it was garbage.  No one wanted a Warrior in their dungeon group and you got kicked if you were in a raid group.  You were pure target dummy in pvp as well.  That's the same thing that's happening to the Necro in GW2.  The Necro is becoming the rabbit...  The target dummy for all other classes....  That World of Warcraft Warrior.

All GW2 classes are bad and OP except the condi Necro (you can argue Reaper).  Guardians = "blockblockblockblockblock" "evadeevadeevadeevade!"  Thief  = untouchable without army.  Mesmer = untouchable without army.  Ranger = you'll never get close.  Elementalist = you'll never get close.

I would say....  I haven't really seen Warriors, Revenants and Eng in PvP much.  Those are about the only classes I don't have a feel for...I think....but I'm sure they're OP and have some form of bullet proofing.  Maybe I did see them but just didn't realize it because all the OP and bullet proofing all classes seem to do except the Necro.  Why not let the Necro class into the bullet proofing?  Why leave that one out?

It's funny tho....  The Necro class being a "NECRO."   You would think such a class would be the master of "DOT" but actually, every other classes has greater "DOT" and that's sad given a condi Necro is basically all "DOT."  Hell, we even have "Blood" for a specialization but yet, the Necro does not have the best healing overall in-game.

This long commenting isn't even a rant about condi Necro being so weak but about the bad PvP in general with all the bullet proofing.  Little to no bullet proofing and a lot more facing up is how pvp is supposed to be done and that's the only way to really balance all the classes.  You can't have long range and super high DPS with it....  You can't allow vanishing out of all damage....   You can't allow multiple blocks.....  You can't allow multiple evades......  You can't have a ton of stuns, roots, dazes and other garbage that stops combat....

It's just a mess!  Of course players don't know any better because that's the only way pvp in mmorpgs have been developed, badly.

One thief killing 30+ players after jumping up and down in the middle of them all........  .........................  .................................  I'm speechless.  That alone speaks for itself so players, please stop talking about condi Necro being OP when it's the weakest classs in the game.  Hell, I don't even think Reaper is OP because you can just vanish while a Reaper is in a Shade (thief) and re-appear and stab him in the booty.  Flawless Victory!  Marks can't do anything but maybe scratch you a little bit, you go complain about that?  So you don't even want a scratch from a Necro huh?......  You just wanna flawless victory all day long on condi Necro huh?....  Well the developers gave all of you that wish.  Must be nice....

Enjoy all the bullet proofing and "OP'ing!"

If only a(n) mmorpg would drop and have PvP correctly done....  Where players have to do more facing up and toe to toe slugging instead of all the running around, pullet proofing and OP'ing...  I would drop GW2 in a heartbeat.

Seriously tho.... Is it true?  Was old Blizzard hired for GW2!?

WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :(________

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 4:36 PM, Anchoku.8142 said:

Players often do not provide enough detail when discussing "condi-Necro."

Core power-Necro with extra condi duration and corruptions is good in PvP. The mostly non-damaging, soft CC conditions support power builds with chill, cripple, stun, and such. That is it. Necro does not have a good condi-dps build, even among elite specializations.

Necro used to have some good condi builds but was hard-nerfed. Core Necro used to be decent at condition management but other professions were reworked to be as good, if not better.

Core Necro is weak. Use Epidemic to copy-pasta conditions between mobs. It is the one major skill in core that will get your Necro above trash tier for a moment, if you use it right and are lucky. Otherwise, get used to minions.

I have power/condi build on reaper that's 2.1kpower and 1.4k condi but the trade off it's squishy af but it does condi very well since it's a team burst spec set up that can drop a whole group. If used correctly

A thief that doesn't port and stealth away from damage dies pretty fast.

You could take the shadow step and stealth away and just give him more health and armour to compensate. Do you know what you get as a result? A warrior. Maybe a game full of warriors would be balanced then, but pretty boring.

Stop hating on classes that have tools to avoid all the aoe and condi spam in the game. Pvp is not balanced around 1v1s, your not entitled to kills.

Edited by BobbyT.7192
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The thief's damage avoidance kit is fine, What is fundamentally not ok with thief, and engineer, and dragonhunter, and ranger is the poor implementation of invisibility in combination with high mobility via leaps, superspeed and teleports making what should be essentially a disengage tool, the best effect in the game.

Thief is the worst offender of it because they have the most stealth and the highest mobility which gives them the unique ability of all classes to completely control fights since they can leave and reenter uncontested whenever they want to. This along with constant cries from thief players to be able to choose to never die and be powerful enough to duel slower classes and win lends itself to abuse of power via harrassment; which is exactly what they want to do. With these variables put together, Thief is the psychopath's dream class.

I feel like youre probably just not gearing your necro correctly. I run a Trailblazer necro and i absolutely will not die 1v1. I may not be able to secure a kill all the time that way but point being if you want to build to be more "bulletproof", that option is available to you.

If you spent half as much time learning how to play a necro in WvW as you do making long winded forum posts about how underpowered you feel, you might make some improvement. 

Core necro is THE class to just be an unkillable tank in WvW, you just need to figure out what works best for you

• 10 months later...

That's because it is weak.  I seen a video online from way back when Shroud's life drain was actaully something.  Now, life drain doesn't even stratch another player in WvW.  The "Devs" are horrible at development, period!

Why hide the right side of the actions tray when a Necro goes into Shroud?  Being able to use all your abilities while in shroud would give you a much better chance to survive.  As a Necro, you don't have immunity to all damage, full heals, constant teleporting, etc...  You're basically a slow sitting duck.  There's no reason why you can't activate Spectral Walk or Armor while in shroud, or drop down marks from the right side of the actions tray.

Core Shroud has no real "AOE", it basically focuses on a single target more than anything but has nothing to offer in terms of BURST.  The video I saw online, a Necro used Life Drain and it did lots of damage, the way it should have stayed because that one ability would have been the main "AOE" burst while in shroud but since it has been reduced/"nerfed", Core Necros are really at a disadvantage...all Necro classes really.

Marks are basically "CC" and deal no real damage and can easily be dodge, blocked, immuned to, etc (even with unblockable set).  It's like the "Devs" expect you to win as a Condi Core out of shroud but that's when you're at your weakest because you can't absorb damage out of shroud like other classes can all the time.  So if you have to be in shroud in order to stay alive longer, you need abilities that will allow you to pull off a win while in shroud but it's just not there.  Players can easily run/teleport away from you or stun, root, knocked down, etc while you're in Shroud, which basically waste the ability...  So you got nothing as a Necro.

This is brain dead...  I had know idea Life Drain in shroud could be blocked!  I was like, oh my "gawd" are you kidding me!?  What's the point in being in shroud  then!?  You gotta allow some things to be unblockable because there's TOO much "bullet proofing" in WvW and Life Drain should have been one of those unblockable abilities.

Necros have no good Elite skills to use in WvW....  Everything on the Elite selection is either useless or too stationary and tiny "aoe" to be affective but yet the "devs" allow "Eles" to turn you into a Moa for the kill.

GW2 is the most unbalance, uncreative, PvP mode game I have ever played!  Formally "WOW" had those title rights but GW2 has beaten Warcraft out.

The whole MMO just gets worst as far as WvW/PvP goes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

Any actually useful commentary you are trying to add is completely lost in the mix of hyperbole and emo-rage posting that you use to convey it. You suggest making sweeping changes to literally every class in the entire game with no thought as to how that in and off itself would break any semblance of balance. Why should a ranger (here’s a clue for you, RANGEr) be forced to do a core aspect of their class because you fail? You claim that thieves are vanishing when a reaper is sitting in shades ??? That Eles are moa’ing people??? You have no clue what you are talking about. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I haven't been playing as long, as you have but after about 2 months, it's easy to see this.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:13 PM, Horace.3184 said:

A condi Necro is weak....  I don't get why players complained about a condi Necro being OP because that's garbage.  After getting in a lot of WvW, I have a feel for the classes as a developer and not as a player.  GW2's pvp sucks!

The reason pvp is bad is because there's too much "bullet proofing."  Take the thief for exampe....  For starters, that class is number one "OP."  The thief can constantly vanish and appear and even teleport 100 yards away and back in a blink of an eye.  The worst part about the class is the fact, they escape all damage when vanishing....  Really!?  You go let that class escape all damage..... ?  WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!  So basically you have a class you can't touch and their damage on you is overkill per hit.

Look at the mesmer.....  You burn everything on your action bar killing the clones, which means the real mesmer is free to go to town on you and they have overkill dps per hit.  Even if you hit them, it seems to do very little.

I've seen instances where a player was getting hit by multiple players and on my screen all I could see was, "blockblockblockblockblock" and "evadeevadeevadeevadeevade."  How is that WvW pvp?  It's player vs bullet proof!

Somebody in the game said the old development team that worked on World of Warcraft is responsible for GW2's content.  I'm starting to believe that statement now because the thief is an exact copy of rouge from "WOW" and Ranger is an exact copy of Hunter from "WOW."  Guardians can even grab and pull you like the Death Knight from "WOW."

Warcraft's pvp was garbage!

That's the problem with mmorpgs that include PvP.....  The developers can't balance things because they put in too much bullet proofing instead of letting players face up and go toe to toe at some point in combat.  It's nonsense when you think about....  Why allow a Ranger to do such much damage from distance?   You're not giving the target a chance, especially when you add it the stun shots.  Instead, let the Ranger have a weaker "DOT" long range and force the class to to pull a mele weapon at some point and actually fight at close range; the same concept should apply to all long range hitting classes.

Put the thief's vanishing on a cool down, force the class to pull daggers and actually fight you.  Get rid of all the 100 yard teleporting.  It's so bad in-game, thief players will actually appear right in the middle of the opposition and jump up and down.  When a player has that much confidence, you know the class has too much and is "OP."

I watched one thief killed 30+ players solo because he kept vanishing out of all damage.  I mean even marks on the ground had no effect (marks are garbage anyway) and when you can re-appear and stab a player for 7k damage or more...  You're GOD!  The Thief and Mesmer are GOD classes in game.  You will not win solo and it has nothing to do with skill and 100 percent everything to do with unbalanced classes and too much bullet proofing because GW2 like a lot of mmorpgs...  Is a press-button-action-tray-game...no real skill required, just the best gear and best OP/bullet proofing classes.

The weakest class in the game is condi Necro.  Why?  It sucks....  I know, I play that class and I have all other classes as well.  Players will walk through and all over you Marks.  You wanna know why?  Because the "DOT" from marks is like 100, 150, 200, 250, 300-400 and if you can catch them in the Sandstorm Shade, you might see 1K ticks of "DOT."  That sucks!  Players have too much health/toughness, healing and bullet proofing to be effected by Marks and players complain about condi Necro's "DOT" and got the class "Nerfed"......   "Geezus Kryst!"

The Necro has nothing to be afraid of!  Spectral Walk could have been useful but the "Devs" made it garbage.  If you get hit during the Spectral Walk, it will drop out and leave you hanging with no recall.  Instead of lighting up the Necro during Spectral Walk, how about allowing the Necro to go partial transparent...?  You let the thief stay vanished all day long....  The worst thing about the ability is the fact, if you do get the recall, everybody that targeted you will still have you targeted.  THAT TOTALLY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF PULLING BACK!

It's not rocket science.....  GW2 classes are just so unbalance when it comes to pvp and again, a huge part of that is all the pullet proofing and no "toe to toe" face ups worth anything.  The thief and Mesmer are by far the boldest classes in the game.  Players that run on those two already know they're going to win every 1 on 1.  The only way they drop is if an army chase them down and I mean chase them down which comes right back to what I've been expressing.  It's too easy for those classes to escape.  You'll never escape on a Necro because that class doesn't have any such abilities.

Seriously, Necro is the worst class in WvW/PvP.  If you're running a Reaper, you might feel different but Condi-Necro is garbage.  No damage for "DOTs" at all!  Players happy accept your "DOT" as they free run towards you for the kill because none of your other abilities deal any real damage either.  Dagger, torch....I don't care what you have as a condi Necro, the damage is going to be low unless you Reaper "Zerg" but now you're just telling players you can't build the way YOU want to build and still deal damage.  I guess "DOT" isn't considered damage...huh....

It makes no sense...  The developers allow a thief to stab you for 10K but can't allow your Marks to do 3K damage at the lowest pure tick?  Folks....  If a condi Necro lose 10K health on one hit and his "DOT" only did 2K damage a tick, it will take 5 ticks to equal the 10K a thief did but by the time those 5 ticks happen, how many more hits you think the thief is going to get?  Yeah, a thief just don't usually hit once.  So how does low "DOT" from condi Necros supposed to work?  You're basically a "DOT" machine as a condi Necro but you have no damage per tick.....  No damage per tick equals no kills....  PERIOD!!!

Wow.....   Wow......   WOOOOOWWWOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely brain dead development.

You know....  The Necro is the Warrior in Warcraft.  The reason I said (typed) that is, players complained about the Warrior class in "WOW" for no real reason and the "Devs" "nerfed" the class so bad, it was garbage.  No one wanted a Warrior in their dungeon group and you got kicked if you were in a raid group.  You were pure target dummy in pvp as well.  That's the same thing that's happening to the Necro in GW2.  The Necro is becoming the rabbit...  The target dummy for all other classes....  That World of Warcraft Warrior.

All GW2 classes are bad and OP except the condi Necro (you can argue Reaper).  Guardians = "blockblockblockblockblock" "evadeevadeevadeevade!"  Thief  = untouchable without army.  Mesmer = untouchable without army.  Ranger = you'll never get close.  Elementalist = you'll never get close.

I would say....  I haven't really seen Warriors, Revenants and Eng in PvP much.  Those are about the only classes I don't have a feel for...I think....but I'm sure they're OP and have some form of bullet proofing.  Maybe I did see them but just didn't realize it because all the OP and bullet proofing all classes seem to do except the Necro.  Why not let the Necro class into the bullet proofing?  Why leave that one out?

It's funny tho....  The Necro class being a "NECRO."   You would think such a class would be the master of "DOT" but actually, every other classes has greater "DOT" and that's sad given a condi Necro is basically all "DOT."  Hell, we even have "Blood" for a specialization but yet, the Necro does not have the best healing overall in-game.

This long commenting isn't even a rant about condi Necro being so weak but about the bad PvP in general with all the bullet proofing.  Little to no bullet proofing and a lot more facing up is how pvp is supposed to be done and that's the only way to really balance all the classes.  You can't have long range and super high DPS with it....  You can't allow vanishing out of all damage....   You can't allow multiple blocks.....  You can't allow multiple evades......  You can't have a ton of stuns, roots, dazes and other garbage that stops combat....

It's just a mess!  Of course players don't know any better because that's the only way pvp in mmorpgs have been developed, badly.

One thief killing 30+ players after jumping up and down in the middle of them all........  .........................  .................................  I'm speechless.  That alone speaks for itself so players, please stop talking about condi Necro being OP when it's the weakest classs in the game.  Hell, I don't even think Reaper is OP because you can just vanish while a Reaper is in a Shade (thief) and re-appear and stab him in the booty.  Flawless Victory!  Marks can't do anything but maybe scratch you a little bit, you go complain about that?  So you don't even want a scratch from a Necro huh?......  You just wanna flawless victory all day long on condi Necro huh?....  Well the developers gave all of you that wish.  Must be nice....

Enjoy all the bullet proofing and "OP'ing!"

If only a(n) mmorpg would drop and have PvP correctly done....  Where players have to do more facing up and toe to toe slugging instead of all the running around, pullet proofing and OP'ing...  I would drop GW2 in a heartbeat.

Seriously tho.... Is it true?  Was old Blizzard hired for GW2!?

WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :(________

Edited by Vile.4387
Needed to add quote.
  • Like 1