Another ranger nerf thread

Bast.7253

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@anduriell.6280 said:Ok kids, i think we got the message:

• Ranger is super annoying because it can hit targets farther than average range and also have teh AI which i don't enjoy fighting against to.Ranger is annoying because longbow hits from 1.8k-1.9k range, I would be fine with it if it was 1.5k range as stated in tooltip.

Again, this is a game feature: Shortbow was also 1200 (1500 with traits) at the begining of the game. And then RP balance devs nerf it. Ranger is supposed to reach that range.Why is it supposed to reach that range? As I said, 1.8k-1.9k range is bugged.

Pet is a ranger mechanic, learn to deal with it.Dealing with pets is easy, dealing with bias is hard.

I know how the class "feels" to play against isn't necessarily a reason for nerfs, but I really dislike how much the pet autos do. IMO a pet auto should be like a CC skill. Utility only and no damage. But i also play a class with very little cleave/burst and basically no AOE slow/chill/cripple etc so kiting/killing ranger pets is really rough. I'd much rather fight prot holo because at least it doesn't feel like I'm getting AI auto'd to death.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:Ok kids, i think we got the message:
  • Ranger is super annoying because it can hit targets farther than average range and also have teh AI which i don't enjoy fighting against to.Ranger is annoying because longbow hits from 1.8k-1.9k range, I would be fine with it if it was 1.5k range as stated in tooltip.

Again, this is a game feature: Shortbow was also 1200 (1500 with traits) at the begining of the game. And then RP balance devs nerf it. Ranger is supposed to reach that range.Why is it supposed to reach that range? As I said, 1.8k-1.9k range is bugged.

1. It's still a projectile feature. All projectiles behave like this.
  2. It's around 1,7k not 1,8-1,9k. It is around 10~12% of the tooltip range.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@"anduriell.6280" said:Ok kids, i think we got the message:

1. It's still a projectile feature. All projectiles behave like this.
  2. It's around 1,7k not 1,8-1,9k. It is around 10~12% of the tooltip range.

untrue.most projectiles just disappear, p5 from mesmer for example says "miss" sometimes and sometimes just disappears, same thing with scepter projectiles, staff projectiles staff ambush proj or scepter proj, same thing with phantasm projectiles from pistol or focus.https://imgur.com/gallery/Rrxkb2olook at the screen and compare range.first screen is a showcase of 1320 range ability to the edge of the skill.2 screen is 1680 range ability that is out of range3rd is basic attack that is somehow in rage so its past 1680 range.PS im ABOVE the ranger, so its not just projectiles arcing.