Sand through glass - stunbreak not always working

Curunen.8729

I'm using this skill more regularly now and have noticed quite often when cced the stunbreak does not work immediately, which is really bad in wvw/pvp scenario. I have to hit the skill two or three times sometimes for it to work - or have to waste dodge to break stun which kind of defeats the point of having a stunbreak utility. So most of the time now I'm using StG simply as a backwards dodge with extra evade frame on the floor - ie the stunbreak being unreliable renders that part of it useless.

Is it a problem my end/lag, or is it a bug? I'm not sure because every other stunbreak works flawlessly. Anyone else noticed this problem with this skill?

• 2 years later...

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:At this point I think it is better to open a thread with all mesmer bugs, since there are tons of them.

On it!Anyone and everyone feel free to post to me, at me or msg me with mesmer bugs, I shall update bug post to the best of my abilities.

Mesmer clones get hung up randomly and/or stuck in terrain, as soon as the code check for “is able to reach target” fails the clone in question will immediately shatter on the spot, effectively doing nothing. The prob is that sometimes happens for no apparent reason. Kinda like getting obstructed message cuz of pebble on the road (we all know it happens). This becomes even more apparent if we introduce ledges and stairs. Perfect example being asura arena.

Mirage ambushes (with IH) overwrite clone shatters. I.e. you send your clones to their death and try to cover cast your next cast with MC, only to find out your clones suddenly stop their shatter process to perform an ambush insteas. Gg your shatter is on CD and you got nothing for it. This becomes really apparent if you try to shatter at range.

Sand Through Glass doesn’t overwrite the current action which is true for every other stun break in the game. Thus making it useless, If you have something else queued up.

Will update as I go.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:At this point I think it is better to open a thread with all mesmer bugs, since there are tons of them.

On it!Anyone and everyone feel free to post to me, at me or msg me with mesmer bugs, I shall update bug post to the best of my abilities.

Mesmer clones get hung up randomly and/or stuck in terrain, as soon as the code check for “is able to reach target” fails the clone in question will immediately shatter on the spot, effectively doing nothing. The prob is that sometimes happens for no apparent reason. Kinda like getting obstructed message cuz of pebble on the road (we all know it happens). This becomes even more apparent if we introduce ledges and stairs. Perfect example being asura arena.

Mirage ambushes (with IH) overwrite clone shatters. I.e. you send your clones to their death and try to cover cast your next cast with MC, only to find out your clones suddenly stop their shatter process to perform an ambush insteas. Gg your shatter is on CD and you got nothing for it. This becomes really apparent if you try to shatter at range.

Sand Through Glass doesn’t overwrite the current action which is true for every other stun break in the game. Thus making it useless, If you have something else queued up.

Will update as I go.

I tried to do the IH overriting shatter but it never happend for me, clones just get super speed and thats it, can you try to replicate it?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Will update as I go.

I tried to do the IH overriting shatter but it never happend for me, clones just get super speed and thats it, can you try to replicate it?

It doesn't happen always and I'm not entirely sure what the trigger is, but I will do some testing with some basic rotations, see if I can force it. It has happened to me on numerous occasions, so I'm know it's not an isolated case.

The reason why I'm going after class mechanics instead of bugged skills more is because, I can work around bugged utilities and traits, I just won't pick them. But when you have bugs that just break the class on mechanical level, you really can't do much, other than forcefully playing around the bugs and hinder yourself in the process.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

Will update as I go.

It doesn't happen always and I'm not entirely sure what the trigger is, but I will do some testing with some basic rotations, see if I can force it. It has happened to me on numerous occasions, so I'm know it's not an isolated case.

The reason why I'm going after class mechanics instead of bugged skills more is because, I can work around bugged utilities and traits, I just won't pick them. But when you have bugs that just break the class on mechanical level, you really can't do much, other than forcefully playing around the bugs and hinder yourself in the process.

I heven never experienced it, which is odd, I even often use mirage cloak to make shattered illusions catch up to people to combine my amubsh with clones catching up to deliver burst damage, It may be tied to specific weapon type only, yours or illusion. I only tried to replicate it with GS illusions

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Will update as I go.

I heven never experienced it, which is odd, I even often use mirage cloak to make shattered illusions catch up to people to combine my amubsh with clones catching up to deliver burst damage, It may be tied to specific weapon type only, yours or illusion. I only tried to replicate it with GS illusions

I'll test it out when I actually get to play, been enjoying my replay of The Witcher 3 a lot more than GW2, hell even the NPCs there provide a better challenge than the bulk of GW2 players :lol:

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

Will update as I go.

I'll test it out when I actually get to play, been enjoying my replay of The Witcher 3 a lot more than GW2, hell even the NPCs there provide a better challenge than the bulk of GW2 players :lol:

tru, you reminded me I lost my save when my PC broke down PepeHands