Need tips from people about gameplay

Hi all,

So Im having a dilemma right now, can anyone suggest or provide some tips or advices on what to do in game?So here I am, got this game quite long, was grinding my way, leveling, crafting and searching for materials, dont have any fancy items or such, just enjoying the lands, leveling, collecting stuff exploring, didnt had a chance to find fancy good items or activities. have reached like 50level, was very long time invested, been exploring and leveling just by the game meant to be for casual player AND after purchasing last expansion ive got an opportunity/token to have a character of max level, max ascendancy gear and all max items. So this is just BAM in a fraction of a time, everything you grinded and havent got anything nice now you can have everything just by clicking a token. So I did. I created a dreamed Deadeye character and gain all the ascendancy gear, now its maxed character. But, what can I do in game now? grinding for better gear or dreamed items is lost? there is nothing better that ascendancy items, yes? I dont know, what should I go play with that character, since leveling, grinding, crafting, collecting materials is a waste now? And my fun factor is kinda vanishing because I dont know or dont understand where can I participate with this MAX character in game? Should I start from 0 again and grind all those years of playtime again?

@Dilemas.5348 said:Hi all,

So Im having a dilemma right now, can anyone suggest or provide some tips or advices on what to do in game?So here I am, got this game quite long, was grinding my way, leveling, crafting and searching for materials, dont have any fancy items or such, just enjoying the lands, leveling, collecting stuff exploring, didnt had a chance to find fancy good items or activities. have reached like 50level, was very long time invested, been exploring and leveling just by the game meant to be for casual player AND after purchasing last expansion ive got an opportunity/token to have a character of max level, max ascendancy gear and all max items. So this is just BAM in a fraction of a time, everything you grinded and havent got anything nice now you can have everything just by clicking a token. So I did. I created a dreamed Deadeye character and gain all the ascendancy gear, now its maxed character. But, what can I do in game now? grinding for better gear or dreamed items is lost? there is nothing better that ascendancy items, yes? I dont know, what should I go play with that character, since leveling, grinding, crafting, collecting materials is a waste now? And my fun factor is kinda vanishing because I dont know or dont understand where can I participate with this MAX character in game? Should I start from 0 again and grind all those years of playtime again?

It sounds like you've only participated in open world content. What about group content like strikes, fractals, raids, PvP, WvW? If solo play is more your thing, then what about the story, achievements, etc.?

As far as grinding for gear? We don't really do that here. I mean, you may need different stats and gear for alts, but we aren't constantly upgrading gear in an endless cycle like some other MMOs do. If you're looking for rewards, this game revolves more around cosmetics. Skins! You can grind for gold to buy cash shop skins if you like or dig into achievements to unlock skins that way. Maybe even craft a legendary weapon!

I know the game doesn't exactly guide you through what to do. That's pretty much by design. In GW2, you do whatever you want! Which can feel a bit aimless, as a new player. You just have to pick a project you want to work toward and go for it. There's a ton of stuff to do.

One of the ways GW2 is intended to be different from most other MMOs is that levelling up and getting equipment with better stats is supposed to be a relatively minor part of the game. No matter how you choose to do it you'll reach level 80 long before you've done everything in the base game, and if you choose to get ascended equipment you can get it relatively quickly.

After that what you do is up to you. Everything in the game can be played on a level 80 character (including low level maps and stories) and there's no fixed order you have to go through it. If you were enjoying exploring the world then you can keep doing that, or start on the expansion maps (bear in mind they're designed to be harder than the base game), follow the storyline, or you could do dungeons, Fractals, Raids, World vs. World, PvP (which doesn't actually require levelling up anyway) or do different things on different days based on what you feel like playing.

A lot of people like to collect weapon and armour skins and other cosmetic items, which won't make your character any stronger but are fun to have and can range from really quick and easy to get to long-term projects like legendary weapons which can take months.

Customising your build can be both fun and time consuming too. As I said earlier getting top tier equipment is relatively easy, but the stat combination is far more important than the total numbers and working out the best stats for your character, getting the right equipment and learning to use it can take time.

(Also I might have misunderstood your post but if you've only used the level 80 boost and not replaced the equipment it gives you then you don't have any ascended equipment yet. It gives you a small selection of level 80 exotics, with defensive stats, which are good for new characters but not what most people would choose to stick with.)

Thanks guys for deep thoughts, I think I will follow the story, enjoy fun in the game, maybe get the right stats ascendancy items, play raids,fractals as you mentioned (never tried to be honest) and also skins. I like grinding in games, and if get a legendary skin takes months, then ill gladly take that challenge ! :) thanks again, for your uderstanding and tips, helped me a lot:)