Aurene, her magics, her bond to the Champion, and immortality.

Andovar Edoras.2143

Spoilers ahead if you still havent caught up with all of LW4 and Icebrood Saga.

So thus far Aurene has absorbed Zhaitan's, Mordremoth's, Kralkatorrik's, Joko's and Balthazar's magics.Particularly Joko's magic allowed her to revive herself after death, which essentially makes her immortal (unless someone would steal her magic). She also has the ability to Brand people into the Crystal Bloom.So considering the deep bond between the Champion (your own character) and Aurene, could and would she use Zhaitan's, Mordremoth's (in the case of Sylvari) and Joko's Awakening magic to keep her Champion by her side forever? I assume she would have the power to grant immortality to the player, and would be willing to. We see her care for the Champion even in Icebrood Saga where she has fully ascended already.

When I first saw Jormag's speech for the Saga preview, this is what I thought about. One of Aurene's strengths is her bond to mortals and the Commander. How will seeing mortals die effect the bond? How appealing would Jormag's offer sound? She may not understand the logic of curing death by turning us into Icebrood but what about Crystalbrood.

Of note, the Crystal Blooms are an order that was formed by people who believe in Aurene/her cause. They haven't been "branded" in so far as we've seen, they're just people dedicated to Aurene's cause. They're more akin to Sons of Svanir, if anything else. The only person we've seen Aurene brand is Caithe.

Thats the problem I have with Aurene. She is already stupidly powerful. In theory, she can raise the dead and mess with Sylvaris minds. (Funny Caithe being so close to her, considering this.)She gained immortality from a Lich, while we still do not really know how Liches actually come to be.She absorbed the power of a former god, and while I believe that Balthazar wasn't a "true" god anymore during PoF, he still seemed to be established as a stubidly powerful otherworldly being.

If she wanted, she could just get herself an undead army and literally throw bodys at whoever she wants. Unless she gets eaten by another elder dragon. Wich won't happen.