How to PROPERLY handle lich form.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Reflects? Boon corrupts? Raw dps? Crazy amounts of cc? Blind? Conditions in general?

I'm not sure which lich forms you're speaking of, but kiting and LOS will keep liches from doing pretty much all of that. They have ZERO mobility. XD

Everything I mentioned is a good counter to lich form, so no Los is not the only solution

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Reflects? Boon corrupts? Raw dps? Crazy amounts of cc? Blind? Conditions in general?

I'm not sure which lich forms you're speaking of, but kiting and LOS will keep liches from doing pretty much all of that. They have ZERO mobility. XD

Everything I mentioned is a good counter to lich form, so no Los is not the only solution

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying those things kept other players from being able to kite/LOS. Apologies. My point wasn't that kiting and LOS are the ONLY things that work, just that they're really all you need and literally every class can do it.

Lich really got me into trouble lots of times in the past and I sometimes chose the anti projectile cloud on necro to survive it, but it’s not necessary.

LoS is they way to go and it is recommended to learn to be aware of where you can hide.

Here a short clip of a fight where LoS saved me :https://clips.twitch.tv/ShortWimpyAntHassaanChop

Join an empty custom arena to explore, it’s worth it and the newly gained knowledge is helping you against other classes or projectile skills as well.

The thing is, from what I've watched from the plat2-Legendary streams, it becomes a mind game of when to pop Lich.

Do you pop when your opponent has another necro around who can potentially corrupt and shut your lich down?Do you pop only after you have seen your opponents use up some of their projectile hates like DH F3 Shield or Weaver Anti Range AOE?Do you pop only when opponent has a down and you can Lich fear + spike when they are all too busy ressing or rotating out?Do you pop only when you have gained high ground and they can't shut you down that easily?

Lots of mind games.Sometimes you wait for them to pop their anti-Lich defenses, sometimes they wait for you to pop your Lich.There are many counters as others have said but it isn't always very straightforward.But I feel the ball is largely in the Necro's court.They pop at the right time, they win.

Necro general tankiness/sustain is fine in PvP at higher tiers where players know how to focus and lock down the necro.It is the Lich damage that needs a nerf.

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:The thing is, from what I've watched from the plat2-Legendary streams, it becomes a mind game of when to pop Lich.

Do you pop when your opponent has another necro around who can potentially corrupt and shut your lich down?Do you pop only after you have seen your opponents use up some of their projectile hates like DH F3 Shield or Weaver Anti Range AOE?Do you pop only when opponent has a down and you can Lich fear + spike when they are all too busy ressing or rotating out?Do you pop only when you have gained high ground and they can't shut you down that easily?

Lots of mind games.Sometimes you wait for them to pop their anti-Lich defenses, sometimes they wait for you to pop your Lich.There are many counters as others have said but it isn't always very straightforward.But I feel the ball is largely in the Necro's court.They pop at the right time, they win.

Necro general tankiness/sustain is fine in PvP at higher tiers where players know how to focus and lock down the necro.It is the Lich damage that needs a nerf.

I saw nothing here that negates the simple idea of "When the giant green glowing fella shows up, go over there for a few seconds if they target you." But I do pick up the occasional kill from lich. But not the bulk. People run, they live. Even if you chase them. shrug

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:The thing is, from what I've watched from the plat2-Legendary streams, it becomes a mind game of when to pop Lich.

This is so true. It is what makes me choose plaguelands 75 % of the time on blood condi necro.

I always try to wait for the right moment for Lich but it's tricky. I mean, the CD is pretty high. Sometimes I think "Should I? Is now the right moment?" and I wait so long...And then that moment is gone and you missed it. And when you wanna do it differently next time and try not to think about perfect timing I see my enemies instantly popping their reflect bubbles and whatsoever and Lich was entirely worthless.I think plaguelands is way easier to place and land, especially on matches with lots of AoE. But yeah, if there is not as much visual clutter going on, any decent player will just wait till it's over and not walk into it. But with plaguelands in the middle of a node you could at least force a decap.

@"Serenity.6304" said:Lich really got me into trouble lots of times in the past and I sometimes chose the anti projectile cloud on necro to survive it, but it’s not necessary.

LoS is they way to go and it is recommended to learn to be aware of where you can hide.

Here a short clip of a fight where LoS saved me :https://clips.twitch.tv/ShortWimpyAntHassaanChop

Join an empty custom arena to explore, it’s worth it and the newly gained knowledge is helping you against other classes or projectile skills as well.

You do realise that you ate two autos before LoS, and took a total of 6k+ dmg. And for good necros, they use lich when they can fear the opponent. The issue with Lich is that the auto attack is too fast and does too high dmg.

@> @Crozame.4098 said:

You do realise that you ate two autos before LoS, and took a total of 6k+ dmg. And for good necros, they use lich when they can fear the opponent. The issue with Lich is that the auto attack is too fast and does too high dmg.

Yeah, of course. It's not an optimal example cus I still took dmg I could have avoided, but it could have been much more. First thing from my few matches I recorded that came to my mind when I thought of LoSing Lich.

Good thing for Lich is: Even if it has a fast AA and and high dmg, there is counterplay and on top of it with that prominent animation you cannot be overlooked, even with lots of visual clutter going on, so there's that.

I tried it the other day. Spamming 4000+> @Axl.8924 said:

@Malcastus.6240 said:Lich auto attack needs a reduction in damage by at least 50%.

That in essence would prob delete lich. 50% is too big a nerf, especially for the cd it already has. You also run the risk of deleting core nec from SPVP completely.

50% would allow you to constantly spam 2000+ crits instead of 4000-5000+.Why would core suffer much from a grossly OP elite ability being adjusted? If you depend on something that is obviously broken, you're in for a lot of disappointment.

The lich has 5 skills. Nerf the broken one and buff the others.

@Malcastus.6240 said:I tried it the other day. Spamming 4000+> @Axl.8924 said:

@Malcastus.6240 said:Lich auto attack needs a reduction in damage by at least 50%.

That in essence would prob delete lich. 50% is too big a nerf, especially for the cd it already has. You also run the risk of deleting core nec from SPVP completely.

50% would allow you to constantly spam 2000+ crits instead of 4000-5000+.Why would core suffer much from a grossly OP elite ability being adjusted? If you depend on something that is obviously broken, you're in for a lot of disappointment.

The lich has 5 skills. Nerf the broken one and buff the others.

2000 dmg is kinda iffy, especially for a elite that has like 150-160 seconds and loses mobility, and core lost a lot of dps, at least compared to reaper, and condition.

Once you delete lich dmg and its sustain, it becomes a punching bag again.

@Serenity.6304 said:@> @Crozame.4098 said:

Yeah, of course. It's not an optimal example cus I still took dmg I could have avoided, but it could have been much more. First thing from my few matches I recorded that came to my mind when I thought of LoSing Lich.

Good thing for Lich is: Even if it has a fast AA and and high dmg, there is counterplay and on top of it with that prominent animation you cannot be overlooked, even with lots of visual clutter going on, so there's that.

For competent necros, its hard to avoid all the Lich dmg, and even eat 1-2 autos is high pressure.

you guys feeling ok? lich for is not a problem at all unless there is some specific reason you are stuck in the fight ( 2v2 was where it was bonkers )if anything it needs to last longer, autoattack could use a small nerf (5-15%) and CD reduction.Lich form is not the problem, shroud and shroud generation is.

EDITim scared by warriors rampage WAAAY more then im scared from lich form, if anything lich form is a moment of relief, but then again I play ranged spec that can easy peasy hit then when they hit back so im kinda biased .

To OP who posted this have you ever checked what were lich skills except 1? Cause lichs with brain use 1 with 2, which is bugged as instant cast cripple and makes kiting not as simple, and guess if nec has even a wee bit more brain cell he'll cc combo before lich and with lich 3 for more fear combo slash dmg, to land 2-3 guaranteed auto, which is still close to 10k on the meta carrion build. Im not saying lich cant be countered, just that it requires more than any other elite currently to counter and most nec you meet just go braindead spamming with no target in mind hence ez kiting in low rated game, in current nerfed state its as stupid as old rampage.