An Amends to someone - Fractal PUG group 4.26.2020

Here's an embarrassing story:

Some background: I've played GW2 since 2012, but as a casual and I've taken long brakes every now and again. As most of us "old time" players know, the game mechanics can change dramatically from patch to patch. I have been back playing since January 2020 and just recently got back into Fractals. I have one character maxed-out with Agony and has a fractal reward level of 100. Back when PoF came out, I was a power Ranger (I came back a few months after that expansion released) and caught flak for being the "wrong build" for T4 fractals. So, I spent time and gold and changed my build to a Condi Soulbeast. Once done, I got little push-back and was able to join T4's with no problems.

What Happened: I was excited to run a T4 team this morning and not paying attention, joined a CM 100 group. My mistake, I thought it was a requirement for the fractal run not that the group was running CM fractal dailies. I have run CM 99 and CM 100 (I've got the titles) but only once, with my guild and about a year ago.

I saw the group activated the CM for the fractal but, thought "oh well. I've done this before. I should be okay." We cleared the first boss easily enough but then I was called out for only doing approx. 5k dmg!?! I honestly thought the other PUG player was kitten'ing with me (he/she wasn't), so I responded with a bit of attitude. The group leader (who was kind and spoke with me afterwards) also chimed in, questioning if I had done CM 100, before. I got annoyed and ended up bowing out. If the group didn't want me, I'd find another. It wasn't worth a fight.

What I didn't know: CM bosses apparently go invincible and wipe all conditions off, which explains my low DPS

Why I'm even posting this message: Because I was rude to another player and I don't remember his/her name, so I can't apologize directly. I know probability is low they will see this message but I felt an apology is due and I had to try. It was my mistake joining that group. It was my error in judgement taking offense. I should have given the group a benefit of the doubt and asked a few questions. Then I could have bowed out with grace, instead of like a punk.

So I'm keeping my Condi Soulbeast as I don't want to put the effort and gold into switching him back to a power build. Who knows when Anet will change the mechanics and Condi will be viable again. However, I am building a Power Daredevil. The Daredevil was already in the works, so it won't take much. And it was only an hour ago that I remembered the armor for my Daredevil can be used on my Soulbeast....

Personally, I think it is dumb that condis are removed per phase. I can understand them not ticking when it's phasing but still....

However, even on a condi build, you should be doing more than 5k dps espeically since Skorvald doesn't really move so that seems to be more of an issue with rotation and traits. Perhaps the boons from the support weren't good as well. You may want to practice on the golem with whatever build you do plan to use. Or I could be wrong and soulbeast's version of condi is really that poor. You are better off with power soulbeast anyways.

Of course, I appreciate your good attitude and wish you better luck. Pugs are highly variable....

I'm not sure why I only did 5k dps, either. I have no idea if the players DPS meter was accurate or not. I've never used one.I've been using the rotation as suggested by Metabattle.com, along with the gear. I hadn't heard any complaints before (while as Condi SB). I've even received praise!

So I downloaded a dps meter for GW2. On an Idle Fractal practice Golem, I'm pulling approx. 9k damage per second. No idea how that stacks.Then, I loaded up my Power Daredevil (per the Meta build on Metabattle) and he's only doing approx 5k damage per second.Not sure what I'm missing... While I'm not an expert on DD yet, it has a 5.0 Meta rating on Metabattle, while my Condi SB has a 4.2. I would have thought the DD would have better numbers.

Basicly, due to relativly low boss hp and many phases, conditions are bad in fractals (except of mentioned condi firebrand). Metabattle is not the greatest site to take builds tbh.For more specific builds go to discretize website. U can find there builds that works well in cms and t4s, as well as rotations for them (written down and with video)https://discretize.eu/Also to train rotations its better for you to go, to lion's arch aerodrome and enter special forces training area. There u can set urself all boons u want with class specific enhancements ( banners etc.). On https://snowcrows.com/ you can find info how to make golem settings. Keep in mind that snowcrows builds are meant for raids, where u dont have extra stats from agony resistance, and you shouldnt take builds from there for fractals (talking gear wise, traits are usually the same)

@"Avraham.8504" said:So I downloaded a dps meter for GW2. On an Idle Fractal practice Golem, I'm pulling approx. 9k damage per second. No idea how that stacks.Then, I loaded up my Power Daredevil (per the Meta build on Metabattle) and he's only doing approx 5k damage per second.Not sure what I'm missing... While I'm not an expert on DD yet, it has a 5.0 Meta rating on Metabattle, while my Condi SB has a 4.2. I would have thought the DD would have better numbers.

Need to add yourself the proper buffs.

https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/#pills-buffs

No you won't have all these buffs in fractals, but it's the only way to really compare.