Massive Spirit Weapons Issue

lodjur.1284

Sword of Justice

Hammer of Wisdom

Bow of Truth

"Shield of the Avenger"

The naming is extremely inconsistent, rename "Shield of the Avenger" to something with the same "template", like "Shield of Vengeance" or similar.

This is a pretty massive issue, it keeps me up at night and every time I log my guardian it bothers me so much that I struggle to focus on the game.

Never before has a post touched my soul like this one. I'm a long time forum lurker and this is the first time I've felt compelled to contribute. I write this with tears in my eyes.

GW2 is a great game...possibly the greatest game I will ever play. But it has a dark, filthy secret: Guardian naming inconsistency

I couldn't think of a more urgent issue. No Guardian, not even a burn spamming/facerolling/filthy-no-skill-condi-trash-SOB Burnhunter should ever have to experience this shame.

An alternative solution could be:Sword of the JustHammer of the WiseBow of the Truthful

Not saying that my suggestion is superior to that of the OPs, but it's important to consider alternatives. The most important thing, however, is that this glaring issue gets fixed ASAP!

@"Madame Partridge.5470" said:I couldn't think of a more urgent issue. No Guardian, not even a burn spamming/facerolling/filthy-no-skill-condi-trash-SOB Burnhunter should ever have to experience this shame.

On behalf of the burn spamming/facerolling/filthy-no-skill-condi-trash-SOB Burnhunter community, I propose that Hammer, Bow and Shield be removed from the game, and instead replaced with 3 additional versions of Sword of Justice using alternate sword models.

Model #1: default spirit swordModel #2: War God's Sword (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/War_God%27s_Sword)Model #3: Mistforged Hero's Sword (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Hero%27s_Sword)Model #4: Verdant Blade - for the handful of peeps who think cabbage-guards are cool (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Verdant_Blade)

I know this is a guardian support group, but these type of issues know no boundaries and can affect any one of us.

Just look at the elementalist traits:Aeromancer's TrainingGeomancer's TrainingPyromancer's Training

All using the Greek root words for their respective elements. But then you have this abomination:Aquamancer's TrainingA LATIN root word, sticking out like a sore thumb, a pattern-breaking infection threatening any sane mind.

Please change it to "Hydromancer's Training" as soon as possible. Thank you for lending me your ear, or in this case your eyes, in these most troubling of times.

@Kathkere.3068 said:An alternative solution could be:Sword of the JustHammer of the WiseBow of the Truthful

Not saying that my suggestion is superior to that of the OPs, but it's important to consider alternatives. The most important thing, however, is that this glaring issue gets fixed ASAP!

Ye that would be a solution, I am open for either consistency is imo more important than what specific solution is applied.

@"RabbitUp.8294" said:I know this is a guardian support group, but these type of issues know no boundaries and can affect any one of us.

Just look at the elementalist traits:Aeromancer's TrainingGeomancer's TrainingPyromancer's Training

All using the Greek root words for their respective elements. But then you have this abomination:Aquamancer's TrainingA LATIN root word, sticking out like a sore thumb, a pattern-breaking infection threatening any sane mind.

Please change it to "Hydromancer's Training" as soon as possible. Thank you for lending me your ear, or in this case your eyes, in these most troubling of times.

Why would you tell me this, I was blissfully ignorant. My day was good and here it got ruined...

But I can see why, fighting inconsistencies can be a lonely, hard and depressing job, we really should support each other until this massive issue gets fixed.

Hopefully they at last fix it, it really is a big problem.

@"RabbitUp.8294" said:I know this is a guardian support group, but these type of issues know no boundaries and can affect any one of us.

Ow my god.I feel so lucky I don't play Ele anymore and I don't have to suffer to this.

@"lodjur.1284" said:Sword of Justice

Hammer of Wisdom

Bow of Truth

"Shield of the Avenger"

The naming is extremely inconsistent, rename "Shield of the Avenger" to something with the same "template", like "Shield of Vengeance" or similar.

This is a pretty massive issue, it keeps me up at night and every time I log my guardian it bothers me so much that I struggle to focus on the game.

As a guardian player running with Spirit Weapon build... I feel you.Somehow I have a feeling the dev dude secretly changed the name after watching Marvel Avenger. He got so hyped watching the post credit of the movie that he changed the name.