Precursor as potential reward for Strike Missions? Seriously?

I feel as though my point has been misinterpreted. I am talking about the chest in the Eye of the North that can be looted weekly that has a "super rare" chance at each precursor. They added a daily reward structure for strikes that can be farmed to get 4 shots at this chest each week. I'm not just talking about regular drop rates, I get how that part of loot works. What led to my complaint is that they are pushing strikes like it's no tomorrow and using a carrot such as the most expensive items in the game to entice people to play it but on the same point doing literally nothing to improve the content that strikes are "supposedly" (used VERY loosly) preparing players for; aka Raids. Strikes are faster to fill, require no real composition of players to beat and now offer a higher reward structure than the raids they are meant to prepare players for. The question this leaves me asking is at what point does it become pointless to try and continue to be a raider if some other form of 10 man content that I can just be lazy on offers more value for my time?

With the exception of the Chilly Chase all the super rare drops are also a super rare drops of champ bags you can get anywhere in the game. So, as long as we don't know how rare "super rare" is in this case (which will need ages because of only 4 chests per acc per week), I would just see it as some added flavour, because the super rare category would be empty otherwise.

@"Delita Silverburg.8632" said:I feel as though my point has been misinterpreted. I am talking about the chest in the Eye of the North that can be looted weekly that has a "super rare" chance at each precursor. They added a daily reward structure for strikes that can be farmed to get 4 shots at this chest each week. I'm not just talking about regular drop rates, I get how that part of loot works. What led to my complaint is that they are pushing strikes like it's no tomorrow and using a carrot such as the most expensive items in the game to entice people to play it but on the same point doing literally nothing to improve the content that strikes are "supposedly" (used VERY loosly) preparing players for; aka Raids. Strikes are faster to fill, require no real composition of players to beat and now offer a higher reward structure than the raids they are meant to prepare players for. The question this leaves me asking is at what point does it become pointless to try and continue to be a raider if some other form of 10 man content that I can just be lazy on offers more value for my time?

I still don't see a problem with that ... a chest that rewards exotics at the end of content Anet wants people to do ... Thunderhead gives you 10 of those chests.

If you want to become a raider ... you aren't going to decide not to because you want a chance of exotics from a chest. Clearly that means you don't give a rat's ass about being a raider.

@"Delita Silverburg.8632" said:I feel as though my point has been misinterpreted. I am talking about the chest in the Eye of the North that can be looted weekly that has a "super rare" chance at each precursor. They added a daily reward structure for strikes that can be farmed to get 4 shots at this chest each week. I'm not just talking about regular drop rates, I get how that part of loot works. What led to my complaint is that they are pushing strikes like it's no tomorrow and using a carrot such as the most expensive items in the game to entice people to play it but on the same point doing literally nothing to improve the content that strikes are "supposedly" (used VERY loosly) preparing players for; aka Raids. Strikes are faster to fill, require no real composition of players to beat and now offer a higher reward structure than the raids they are meant to prepare players for. The question this leaves me asking is at what point does it become pointless to try and continue to be a raider if some other form of 10 man content that I can just be lazy on offers more value for my time?

You can only loot that chest once a week, you can trade in how many shards to crystals you want and still wont be able to open it a second time.You will want to open it with 3 crystals to continue your collections aswell.

This complaint is outlandish. Raids are very elitist and you have to ping your items before they will even let you in the group. If you don't have any it's an instant kick. Strikes are basically a precursor to Raids and a great learning tool. There is no reason why the Strike itself or the chest in eotn should not have the chance of a pre all content in-game basically gives that chance. It feels like some people just search for things to complain about.

The EotN chest basically replicates normal strike loot. It's supposed to give you more of the same loot that you would get if you did additional strikes. That means if strikes themselves can drop precursors, the EotN chest also has to drop precursors.

The chance to get a precursor during any content is roughly a 1 in 250,000 to 500,000 chance, that one time you get an Exotic. The chances are so low to keep them from flooding the market and making Legendaries even less Legendary or easier to obtain; you have to account for all of the people playing as well. If each person got an Exotic drop, the chances increase rather quickly. However, with how low the drop chance is for Exotics, in addition to how much even more rare a drop for a Precursor is... Strikes having a chance to be rewarding is the least of your concerns right now.

Anything that can give you a random RNG exotic weapon can reward you with a precursor instead. Strikes aren't affecting Raids because of precursors. They have equal chances as far as we all know, as we don't know percentages.

• 2 weeks later...

@Obtena.7952 said:Is this a serious complaint? Clearly OP doesn't realize that enticing people to participate in strike missions is the path for encouraging those players to attempt raiding. That's a move to SAVE raids.

Strike missions won't save raids. If you think differently you are quite romantic and that's neat.Though as long as people ask for LI and Fractal CM KP just to kill whisper of jormag or boneskinner nothing good will come from strike missions.

@Clyan.1593 said:Though as long as people ask for LI and Fractal CM KP just to kill whisper of jormag or boneskinner nothing good will come from strike missions.of person not have 250+ kp or 700+ li - why random players should carry someone why not interested in pve content ? Make yours own group, or join where is no requirements.

@lare.5129 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Though as long as people ask for LI and Fractal CM KP just to kill whisper of jormag or boneskinner nothing good will come from strike missions.of person not have 250+ kp or 700+ li - why random players should carry someone why not interested in pve content ? Make yours own group, or join where is no requirements.

I have envoy and I have Fractal CM KP. That's not the issue. I can join all of these lfgs. And I frequently do.

@Clyan.1593 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Is this a serious complaint? Clearly OP doesn't realize that enticing people to participate in strike missions is the path for encouraging those players to attempt raiding. That's a move to SAVE raids.

Strike missions won't save raids. If you think differently you are quite romantic and that's neat.Though as long as people ask for LI and Fractal CM KP just to kill whisper of jormag or boneskinner nothing good will come from strike missions.

I never said it would save raids. I said it was a move to do so.

Precursors have a chance to drop nearly anywhere an exotic weapon has a chance to drop. I got a precursor from one of the basic pylon chests in Auric Basin and another from opening champion bags (rip it being carcharias). Just because the drop rate is extremely low and someone was blessed by RNGesus does not mean they should be removed from content someone has deemed "unworthy."

@"Delita Silverburg.8632" said:It's honestly insulting to us that the devs once again are hand feeding a guaranteed possibility of something so coveted as a precursor to the easy mode content that are strike missions, but not doing anything to encourage more people to join the raiding community

Can someone explain that "Guaranteed" part? Isn't it random chance like anywhere else???edit: "guaranteed possibility" meaning you are guaranteed to roll randomly to acquire it? Why not say simply "possibility" then

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:I'm honestly shocked that the devs put precursors as rewards for doing strike missions. I have been raiding with the same group of people for over a year and a half now and not once has a precursor dropped in the exotic spot on a raid. I'm convinced that it isn't even a possibility as I've never heard of one dropping from raids. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.)

It's honestly insulting to us that the devs once again are hand feeding a guaranteed possibility of something so coveted as a precursor to the easy mode content that are strike missions, but not doing anything to encourage more people to join the raiding community. My suggestion of a change for this would be to create some sort of a similar chest/daily reward system in the aerodrome that can be opened weekly that has a possibility at obtaining legendary armor precursors. The common and uncommon drops could be mag shards, gaeting crystals, mini's ascended drops, etc. This would help newer raiders have a nice carrot of a possibility on top of already being able to work towards the collections and also keep it fair between the easy mode of strikes and the hard mode of raids.

Right now it just seems that being a raider is getting kicked in the teeth with the constant delays of releases of raid wings and then a new strike comes out every 2-3 months like clockwork.

You talk like being able to earn a legendary ring isn't a big deal (or even armor from Maguuma ones), or like there's no super expensive ascended crafting material dropping from raids. Raids are super profitable if you have the stomach and the group for them. They're just so hard and require so much coordination that most of the community doesn't even bother.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Crozame.4098 said:Precursors can also be dropped in open world right?...

yes

So you can understand how ... this complaint is right?

No not really, since its the same so why complain?

If you dont see the logic between: OMG why the hell precursors can be dropped in strike missions, which is soo easy and the fact that precursors can also be dropped in open world mobs.....

@Crozame.4098 said:

@Crozame.4098 said:Precursors can also be dropped in open world right?...

yes

So you can understand how ... this complaint is right?

No not really, since its the same so why complain?

If you dont see the logic between: OMG why the hell precursors can be dropped in strike missions, which is soo easy and the fact that precursors can also be dropped in open world mobs.....

So you agree with the OP or me? kinda hard to judge.

Since both are easy and both can drop it there should be no complaint.But you stated in a reply to me why I cant see the OPs complaint is right as in the correct one.

@Crozame.4098 said:So you can understand how ... this complaint is right?