PvP is a circle of mess.

Lighter.5631

@Kickpuncher.8109 said:Well CMC and the ANET PVP BALANCE TEAM have has the ability to change numbers separately from the pve team for 6 months now and nothing has really changed.... this game is hopelessly stuck in an endless cycle of poor decisions.Well the only thing they can do with number tweeking is to delete specks out of the meta for not doing enough. Most of the things are broken in the ability design and how they work not so much how their numbers are, maybe some CD changes will do the trick.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Kickpuncher.8109 said:Well CMC and the ANET PVP BALANCE TEAM have has the ability to change numbers separately from the pve team for 6 months now and nothing has really changed.... this game is hopelessly stuck in an endless cycle of poor decisions.Well the only thing they can do with number tweeking is to
delete specks out of the meta for not doing enough
. Most of the things are broken in the ability design and how they work not so much how their numbers are, maybe some CD changes will do the trick.

why not just delete specks out of the meta for doing too much insead?

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Kickpuncher.8109 said:Well CMC and the ANET PVP BALANCE TEAM have has the ability to change numbers separately from the pve team for 6 months now and nothing has really changed.... this game is hopelessly stuck in an endless cycle of poor decisions.Well the only thing they can do with number tweeking is to delete specks out of the meta for not doing enough. Most of the things are broken in the ability design and how they work not so much how their numbers are, maybe some CD changes will do the trick.

why not just delete specks out of the meta for doing too much insead?I didnt word it properly, sorry. I meant that people would stop playing it if it is nerfed enough even if it is mechanically borked.But when you point it out you are also kind right, why haven't they nerfed to oblivion something like firebrand, like they did for berserker or scourge.

@Vancho.8750 said:

why not just delete specks out of the meta for doing too much insead?I didnt word it properly, sorry. I meant that people would stop playing it if it is nerfed enough.But when you point it out you are also kind right, why haven't they nerfed to oblivion something like firebrand, like they did for berserker or scourge.

+1

good question

I loved the game overall, and it's still one of the best MMO around - but ranger pets, binding roots, and trap guards completely killed PvP and WvW completely. I'm just no longer interested in the game. I have zero intention of ever maining a guard nor a ranger, and I'm tired of seeing trash players spamming a few buttons and kiting to win.RIP Gw2. Thanks for the good times.

@kwaggmire.2051 said:I loved the game overall, and it's still one of the best MMO around - but ranger pets, binding roots, and trap guards completely killed PvP and WvW completely. I'm just no longer interested in the game. I have zero intention of ever maining a guard nor a ranger, and I'm tired of seeing trash players spamming a few buttons and kiting to win.RIP Gw2. Thanks for the good times.

This

@kwaggmire.2051 said:I loved the game overall, and it's still one of the best MMO around - but ranger pets, binding roots, and trap guards completely killed PvP and WvW completely. I'm just no longer interested in the game. I have zero intention of ever maining a guard nor a ranger, and I'm tired of seeing trash players spamming a few buttons and kiting to win.RIP Gw2. Thanks for the good times.

I second this. These cheesey specs get rewarded FAR too much for what little work they put in. It is a slap in the face for people who ACTUALLY takes the time to learn the game just beyond these dumb builds.

The root not having its hp reduced to comply with the game wide dps nerf has in anet fashion been left far to long. Rangers press a button and root u to eat their rapid fire etc is one prime example of the cheese carry bs this game is full of. I get rooting then bursting if the root had a 1 or 2 sec duration or hp at a lv that takes a sec or 2 to cleave but as it stands its seriously cheese incarnate. Than add the tigger autos on top, anets definitely promoting high skill competitive playstyle's right there. Guard traps do far to much damage and along with burning promotes the very playstyles u see all the time with guards, stand on point and just spam burns and traps which rewards them far to much.

I read in another thread about nerfs that the real victim is the skill ceiling. That really summarised how I've been feeling about gw's since the patch.

It really seems like the whole competitive side of the game is moving towards this 111 based gameplay that PvE has been encouraging for years.

@"duillyn.2697" said:I read in another thread about nerfs that the real victim is the skill ceiling. That really summarised how I've been feeling about gw's since the patch.

It really seems like the whole competitive side of the game is moving towards this 111 based gameplay that PvE has been encouraging for years.

Anet hate when i say promoting Toxicity. Many says it including you, it has been encouraged for years and there are no effort in stopping it

8m4hwDi.png