Fractal CMs on Weekends...

@Safandula.8723 said:ur pressing 111 on reneit depend from group, instabilities, and fb, sometimes is should be always 11111 and other press is show what ppl not understand who and what.

so I don't beliveI am expert on practices. Show more kp than me and we continue that talk.Now you looks non exp player, who try without proof say valued words.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you think rene should only Press 111, fb should do might, playing scourge is ok (i wonder which guide said its good), you see a diffrence between qfb and hybrid firebrand, and now u try to measure Any1's skill by amount of kp. It kinda tells enough about what kind of player are you.Plz stop Going stubborn against 4 other PPL that try to explain you rene is more than f4 and ss bot

@"Nephalem.8921" said:but I'm sure most of the people arguing againstI ask not "most of people". I ask you. Because now looks what yo try hide you opinion on "some people". Don't try fade in "some people".

@"Safandula.8723" said:Well you think rene should only Press 111, fb should do might, playing scourge is ok (i wonder which guide said its good)it was https://discretize.eu/ 4-6 months ago. Now they update web side, change meta, remove dps guard from meta, and update descriptions.

you see a diffrence between qfb and hybrid firebrand, and now u try to measureI take only fat hfb for cms+t4. So I don't have plans to see that difference.

Plz stop Going stubborn against 4 other PPLI say my opinion. If someone, on many think another - this is absolutely not problem. How we can measure who say truth ?For me chill run and completed is biger value, than toxic pressure and 15% less compete time. Someone think another. I don't say "don't do". I say how like I and some people on my friendlist.Same whit strike. Very parallel example to keep qfb vision: from start I take 2 Hfb, druid, Hscourge, Halacren. Yes, 5 supports. And 5 dps. Last few rans ask 20kp/li. Start form bony. Result - all strikes runs fine. Some people take 2-3 supp, get pressure, more toxic, for same result.

try to explain you rene is more than f4 and ss botI try explain that people have different vision, and have good result too.Inside my guild people on weekend go whit setup druid and 4 scourge still valid, also still valid setup hsg or dudu with chrno + 3 dps setup .. and etc. cms done ? done. So why why should say "oh, no - it is wrong".

@robertul.3679 said:@"lare.5129" please do post a screenshot of your kp, genuinely curiousyou can find me on https://killproof.me and satisfy genuinely curious

The whole KP experience is a completely unnecessary road to toxic nowhere. So much hassle for no real reliable enhancement to party performance. It increases wait times for parties and encourages people to lie, which bogs down everything.

The best groups I've been in, including the recent static guild I run with at resets, literally never once asked each other to ping KPs. We just noticed over the course of time of bumping into each other that, "certain guys know what they're doing, and others don't". And this was mostly through LFGs labeled "CMs/T4s/Recs HB/Alac/DPS" with no requirement for any KP or LNHB check.

In fact, we are only a static group of 3 players, not even a full team. We just start the group with HB/Ren/Some DPS, and then post in LFG: "CMs T4s Recs bring DPS" and we carry literally anyone who joins, without asking any questions. And if we see someone is struggling, we take 2 minutes to explain mechanics to them. Not once have we failed to correctly teach a player how to run 99 100 CMs. And by the end of such experiences, which only take maybe +10 minutes from an elite crew clear time mind you, the nightly run actually ends very positively with people saying things like: "Thanks guys. I actually understand how to run this now." and this often results in making a friend or two. <- This is a very refreshing experience compared to KP check groups and all of the usual elitist fake it till you make discriminating behavior that they bring in.

Furthermore I'd like to state that I've been a part of groups who are 100 ESS who were kind of mediocre, and then the very next night joined a non KP group that was exceedingly efficient, despite a lack of some important role even, like missing a Renegade. I don't speak for KPs in other games, but in Guild Wars 2 CM Fractals, KPs are a joke for these reasons:

1. Grinding enough CM fractal to have 100 ESS and LNHB may show that someone is an "adequate" player, but it doesn't mean they are a strong player.
  2. And having only 10 ESS doesn't mean that a player isn't strong. Let me tell you, when it comes to players who are actually talented who pick up on things rather quickly because they aren't a potato, they only need to run something like 100 CM a couple times before becoming more than adequate. Then if they were to run it 5x or 6x, those types of players will have essentially mastered the run.
  3. Requiring 100 ESS or even 50 ESS cuts out those kinds of players from joining your group, elongating wait times. But the worst thing it does, is encourage people to lie, which invites in all kinds of problems within the team comp and encouragement of toxicity.
  4. Speaking for myself here: "As a person with currently 90 some ESS, I can state that I am no better at running 99CM or 100CM now, than I was when I had first recognized that I had confidently come to understand all of the mechanics, which must happened for me around 6 to 8 ESS." So in my humble opinion, it would seem that most players reach their peak in mechanical understanding/performance at around 10 to 15 ESS that I've noticed. <- So due to my observations of this, I feel it is incredibly ridiculous, unnecessary, and only asking for trouble, when you make groups like 100 ESS req. Again, all it does is invite in the potential for problems to occur.

So @Clyan.1593 I suggest just try lowing your ESS req. Seriously man, posting for a 10-20 ESS group will draw in more people who actually have 10 to 20 ESS, and less people who feel the need to lie, who don't know the run at all. At least this seems to be true in my experience.

Hey, if you're creating an elite static run guild, I totally understand asking for 100 ESS pings and proof checking it, when you're aiming at some seriously organized nightly speed runs. But in LFG? Hell nah, you gotta lower the status quo for all of the reasons I've mentioned, as well as another reason I didn't mention, which is generally lowered population/pool of players even viewing Fractal LFGs to join at all.

@lare.5129 said:I say my opinion. If someone, on many think another - this is absolutely not problem. How we can measure who say truth ?

the proper rotation for rev

no. 1 1 1 is proper.

its not opinion, ur telling others how rev should be played. and u can simply measure the thruth with... numbers omegalul.but yea i agree with u, that everyones is free to play however he want. just dont flex with all ur kps, cuz ur perfect example, it means literally nothing

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

1. Grinding enough CM fractal to have 100 ESS and LNHB may show that someone is an "adequate" player, but it doesn't mean they are a strong player.

Grinding? LNHB gets done on the way. I had mine before I had 10 KP together. Also you just described why KP and similar demands are seeing use: to find adequate players. The PvE content in this game is not taht hard, but the majority of players is rather weak. Sorting for adequate is literally what most LFG demands are for.

1. And having only 10 ESS doesn't mean that a player isn't strong. Let me tell you, when it comes to players who are actually talented who pick up on things rather quickly because they aren't a potato, they only need to run something like 100 CM a couple times before becoming more than adequate. Then if they were to run it 5x or 6x, those types of players will have essentially mastered the run.

If you are looking for 300+ KP players, you aren't looking for players who have to "pick up on things". What ever you believe your runs are like, there is a huge gap to the top. You are basically comparing gold to legend players here, to use a pvp analogy (with legend being organized static speedrun groups, and P1-3 being high skill PUGs to medium skill statics).

But again, for most PUG groups it's about getting adequate players, no one will care if you do 15k or 20k dps.

1. Requiring 100 ESS or even 50 ESS cuts out those kinds of players from joining your group, elongating wait times. But the worst thing it does, is encourage people to lie, which invites in all kinds of problems within the team comp and encouragement of toxicity.

True, but if players chose to lie, that's on them. Simply removing the thing they lie about will not make honest people out of them. It will simply remove the metric which they are lying about. The players will still join groups not intended for them.

1. Speaking for myself here: "As a person with currently 90 some ESS, I can state that I am no better at running 99CM or 100CM now, than I was when I had first recognized that I had confidently come to understand all of the mechanics, which must happened for me around 6 to 8 ESS." So in my humble opinion, it would seem that most players reach their peak in mechanical understanding/performance at around 10 to 15 ESS that I've noticed. <- So due to my observations of this, I feel it is incredibly ridiculous, unnecessary, and only asking for trouble, when you make groups like 100 ESS req. Again, all it does is invite in the potential for problems to occur.

Speaking as a player who has 400+ KP, I saw huge differences in my performance between 10, 50, 100 and 250+ KP. Both in terms of automation, classes I play, problems I can deal with and the amount of carry I can bring if needed.

Unless you are running no-healer (because heal FB is a way to strong carry for other players mistakes), play every class/role and don't wipe nearly ever, there is a lot of room for improvement on your side.

Just to make this very clear:if you are running HEAL FIREBRAND in CMs and Fractals, you are robbing yourself of actually getting better at the game/content. The class makes it nearly impossible to fail and allows a good FB player to carry through almost ALL mechanics (stab when needed, well timed aegis against hit, massive healing, time for CC with consumables since mantras still work, etc.).

@"Cyninja.2954" said:if you are running HEAL FIREBRAND in CMs and Fractals, you are robbing yourself of actually getting better at the game/content. TI was abort runs wiht qfb when after success 100 run people start die on mama in 99cm, or bleed of fire kill dps in common swapland .. qfb don't want swap and left, very often good dps left also, and you try find "any ptv scapper" to finish t4 .. No, thanks. Not my way.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Safandula.8723" said:its not opinion, ur telling others how rev should be played.yes, I can tell how everyone should play, bs, rev, hfb, hsg, chrno, druid, and etc. And after check I see that I complete that content 2x more times than you.

No Man u proved u got Little knowledge, and even less skill, u shouldnt tell anything to Any1.Ill skip the fact i sold some kp and bought infu, but i do fractals 3 Times per day on avarage, so no u didnt conplete content 2x more.I told i know what kind of player are u. Ur leeching fractals with healbrand everyday, and every Time someone point u did something bad, u just ping all ur kps do some ";)" emote and tell them ur simply better cuz u have more essences. As i told ur free to be bad its completly ur choice, but dont tell others to be the same.

@Safandula.8723 said:u. Ur leeching fractals with healbrand everydayexactly!! YES!!You confirm my word !! on normal setup when rene pres active elite siphon and 11, and with hfb who press buttons is is like leeching compared vs qfb and rev who do plus additional 4k(6) dps ..I like leach setups and non toxic runs. Also you can reread my post about strikes, where minimal count support is 5.

You aslo free to be bad its completly only you choice, but don't tell others to be the same please.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:if you are running HEAL FIREBRAND in CMs and Fractals, you are robbing yourself of actually getting better at the game/content. TI was abort runs wiht qfb when after success 100 run people start die on mama in 99cm, or bleed of fire kill dps in common swapland .. qfb don't want swap and left, very often good dps left also, and you try find "any ptv scapper" to finish t4 .. No, thanks. Not my way.

I fully understand running heal fb, I do it myself. It's a nice carry for smooth runs, especially with PUG groups.

I was responding from an aspect of getting better at the game. It does not make sense to use heal FB while trying to improve or talking about player skill.

@lare.5129 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:u. Ur leeching fractals with healbrand everydayexactly!! YES!!You confirm my word !! on normal setup when rene pres active elite siphon and 11, and with hfb who press buttons is is like leeching compared vs qfb and rev who do plus additional 4k(6) dps ..I like leach setups and non toxic runs. Also you can reread my post about strikes, where minimal count support is 5.

You aslo free to be bad its completly only you choice, but don't tell others to be the same please.

Its more like 30 k dps diffrence if u talk about HB and 111 rene vs qb and rene that knows how to play. Not to mention high burst, that makes u skip bubble on mama p1 (im So glad last exposed nerf made HB groups struggle with mama p1 phasing).Not sur why PPL think sidestepping and doing dps is toxic

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Grinding? LNHB gets done on the way. I had mine before I had 10 KP together. Also you just described why KP and similar demands are seeing use: to find adequate players. The PvE content in this game is not taht hard, but the majority of players is rather weak. Sorting for adequate is literally what most LFG demands are for.

1. And having only 10 ESS doesn't mean that a player isn't strong. Let me tell you, when it comes to players who are actually talented who pick up on things rather quickly because they aren't a potato, they only need to run something like 100 CM a couple times before becoming more than adequate. Then if they were to run it 5x or 6x, those types of players will have essentially mastered the run.

If you are looking for 300+ KP players, you aren't looking for players who have to "pick up on things". What ever you believe your runs are like, there is a huge gap to the top. You are basically comparing gold to legend players here, to use a pvp analogy (with legend being organized static speedrun groups, and P1-3 being high skill PUGs to medium skill statics).

But again, for most PUG groups it's about getting adequate players, no one will care if you do 15k or 20k dps.

1. Requiring 100 ESS or even 50 ESS cuts out those kinds of players from joining your group, elongating wait times. But the worst thing it does, is encourage people to lie, which invites in all kinds of problems within the team comp and encouragement of toxicity.

True, but if players chose to lie, that's on them. Simply removing the thing they lie about will not make honest people out of them. It will simply remove the metric which they are lying about. The players will still join groups not intended for them.

1. Speaking for myself here: "As a person with currently 90 some ESS, I can state that I am no better at running 99CM or 100CM now, than I was when I had first recognized that I had confidently come to understand all of the mechanics, which must happened for me around 6 to 8 ESS." So in my humble opinion, it would seem that most players reach their peak in mechanical understanding/performance at around 10 to 15 ESS that I've noticed. <- So due to my observations of this, I feel it is incredibly ridiculous, unnecessary, and only asking for trouble, when you make groups like 100 ESS req. Again, all it does is invite in the potential for problems to occur.

Speaking as a player who has 400+ KP, I saw huge differences in my performance between 10, 50, 100 and 250+ KP. Both in terms of automation, classes I play, problems I can deal with and the amount of carry I can bring if needed.

Unless you are running no-healer (because heal FB is a way to strong carry for other players mistakes), play every class/role and don't wipe nearly ever, there is a lot of room for improvement on your side.

Just to make this very clear:if you are running HEAL FIREBRAND in CMs and Fractals, you are robbing yourself of actually getting better at the game/content. The class makes it nearly impossible to fail and allows a good FB player to carry through almost ALL mechanics (stab when needed, well timed aegis against hit, massive healing, time for CC with consumables since mantras still work, etc.).

There are small increases in "efficiency" if you would, from 10 to 50 to 100 to 200, sure. But you're talking some ridiculously miniscule improvements for increased wait times and a lot of added social stigma.

Look man, do it how you want. I'm just pointing out that in most cases I've experienced, 10-20 ESS ping groups draw in nearly as capable of LFG groups as an elite static crew, although the 10-20 ESS group may take slightly longer to complete a run vs. extra time waiting for the high ESS assembly or some daily schedule that you log in at the same time of day every day, to run with your crew.

I'm talking practicality behind time & scheduling here. Personally I don't really care if a CMs T4s Rec run takes me 45 minutes to complete or an hour.. When I log in I want to form a group immediately that can clear the run in a reasonable amount of time, with the least amount of time spent searching for participants. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just clearing up that the safe zone margin to do that is 10-20 ESS. I don't prefer to wait for high ESS groups for some kind of 10% increase in clear time.

For me it isn't worth supporting such elite expectations in a relatively easy game mode clear that varies little in clear times between 20 ESS vs. 200 ESS, especially for the amount of social stigma that it brings the community.

There are also other truths to this that people don't seem to notice. For example:

• A guy pings that he has 100 ESS and he actually does, it's real. But this is a player who is returning after a 3 month break, who isn't used to the new current patching, who is very rusty.
  • A guy pings 10 ESS, but that 10 ESS has all came from within his last week of solid gameplay where he has been focusing rather hard on refining his CM runs. In fact, even after daily chests are complete, he has went out of his way to run 99 and 100 to completion 3x or 4x a day, for the sake of good practice and teaching his friends.

Who do you think is going to perform better in the CM run?

Ok, ok, we have the right rev rotation now. I think we can move beyond that. Just because lare and lare's 750 KP groups probably put in 1/4 the effort others do and still get the same rewards and more KP doesn't mean it's needed to be bitter and flex all over the place. Just let them play the way they want. :)

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I'm talking practicality behind time & scheduling here. Personally I don't really care if a CMs T4s Rec run takes me 45 minutes to complete or an hour..

Now do that math per day of fractal CMs that you do or plan to do.

https://discretize.eu/augmentations calculates Fractal God to take 284 days (it's closer to 250 with bonus relics gained) if you run CMs+T4+recs daily. Now let's do the math for "only" 250 days of 15 minutes per day more in time spent.

250x15 = 3,750 minutes = 62.5 hours = 2 days and 14.5 hours of extra time spent. That's around 3 days you spent more per year in fractals, and that's only for getting to fractal god, something fractal regular players have had done for quite a while.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:There are also other truths to this that people don't seem to notice. For example:

• A guy pings that he has 100 ESS and he actually does, it's real. But this is a player who is returning after a 3 month break, who isn't used to the new current patching, who > is very rusty.
    • A guy pings 10 ESS, but that 10 ESS has all came from within his last week of solid gameplay where he has been focusing rather hard on refining his CM runs. In fact, even > after daily chests are complete, he has went out of his way to run 99 and 100 to completion 3x or 4x a day, for the sake of good practice and teaching his friends.

I'd take the 100 ESS guy and see how he performed in arc, kick if needed. Then again, I don't search for 100 ESS but 250+, at which point I'd take neither. As far as experience with lower KP groups, mine was seldom as positive as yours.

You are correct though: people should play the game how they feel comfortable. I'm just saying: don't judge other players preferences or behavior based on your personal approach or experience with the content.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:As far as experience with lower KP groups, mine was seldom as positive as yours.

Honestly a lot of that is just because our 3 man crew carries hard. I mean we do HB/Ren/Usually me on BS, and then we pick up 2 rando PUGs whatever they want to play. I find that we don't even NEED the 2 extra PUGs outside of the luxury of extra DPS and of course for awkward mechanics like "2 buttons & console" which is a pain in the ass for only 3 people to do sometimes, especially with the wrong instabilities in play. Other than that though, You can very easily complete every fight/boss with only 3 people who are good on HB/Ren/BS.

And then if it's a night where I'm alone, "which happens from time to time" I have a Reaper build that I very specifically designed to hard carry random low KP groups. Reaper is the one class that can do this overly well in ways that sometimes I am not so sure Arenanet is aware of.

So in a way, I don't really care if my PUGs are god awful bad because we'll make sure that the fractal gets completed, regardless.

Honestly a lot of that is just because our 3 man crew carries hard. I mean we do HB/Ren/Usually me on BS, and then we pick up 2 rando PUGs whatever they want to play. I find that we don't even NEED the 2 extra PUGs outside of the luxury of extra DPS and of course for awkward mechanics like "2 buttons & console" which is a pain in the kitten for only 3 people to do sometimes, especially with the wrong instabilities in play. Other than that though, You can very easily complete every fight/boss with only 3 people who are good on HB/Ren/BS.

Pretty much this lol. In the occasion we pug, we're really just looking for warm bodies that aren't rude and don't do crazy things like set off skulls or w/e, making a negative contribution. In some cases it may be better off to just 4 person it.

And then if it's a night where I'm alone, "which happens from time to time" I have a Reaper build that I very specifically designed to hard carry random low KP groups. Reaper is the one class that can do this overly well in ways that sometimes I am not so sure Arenanet is aware of.

Shhhhh! Don't go giving them ideas!

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:Ok, ok, we have the right rev rotation now. I think we can move beyond that. Just because lare and lare's 750 KP groups probably put in 1/4 the effort others do and still get the same rewards and more KP doesn't mean it's needed to be bitter and flex all over the place. Just let them play the way they want. :)

I agree, but with lower population, it's kind of ridiculous to look in the LFG and see a group posted as "200 ESS CMs" who has a HB and a BS sitting in it, and then directly under it is a "20 ESS CMs" with a Ren and 2 DPS with it, but then both groups wait for another 10-15 minutes or something to fill their groups before starting, rather than just merging.

Play how you want. It just bugs me that people tunnel vision and are not conscious of their decision making, and that lately they are becoming less time efficient because they are trying too hard to be time efficient. <- This kind of stuff begins to effect everyone during low population. Situations like:

1. It is 6:00 am eastern
  2. The only FB and Ren online are posted in the LFG as "150 ESS"
  3. A 2nd group posted as "20 ESS HB/Ren" is directly bellow them, sitting with 3 DPS.
  4. But the FB and Ren would rather wait 30+ minutes or more, or log offline and come back later, than merge
  5. It results in a situation where both groups end up killing their LFGs to come back more near reset

^ Considering the time of day, there is no reason other than blind elite tunnel visioning, why those two groups could not have merged and completed the CM T4s. In a way, what we are discussing here is a problem that is kind of transcendent of "How I want to play" because it's becoming an issue of "If there is even enough players within one's same ESS demographic to play at all".

That's all I'm trying to point out. Just be conscious of what's going on. Help support game activity rather than community gating, because that is the same shit that largely contributed to why raids have all but died off completely.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:Ok, ok, we have the right rev rotation now. I think we can move beyond that. Just because lare and lare's 750 KP groups probably put in 1/4 the effort others do and still get the same rewards and more KP doesn't mean it's needed to be bitter and flex all over the place. Just let them play the way they want. :)

I agree, but with lower population, it's kind of ridiculous to look in the LFG and see a group posted as "200 ESS CMs" who has a HB and a BS sitting in it, and then directly under it is a "20 ESS CMs" with a Ren and 2 DPS with it, but then both groups wait for another 10-15 minutes or something to fill their groups before starting, rather than just merging.

Play how you want. It just bugs me that people tunnel vision and are not conscious of their decision making, and that lately they are becoming less time efficient because they are trying too hard to be time efficient. <- This kind of stuff begins to effect everyone during low population. Situations like:
  3. A 2nd group posted as "20 ESS HB/Ren" is directly bellow them, sitting with 3 DPS.
  4. But the FB and Ren would rather wait 30+ minutes or more, or log offline and come back later, than merge
  5. It results in a situation where both groups end up killing their LFGs to come back more near reset

^ Considering the time of day, there is no reason other than blind elite tunnel visioning, why those two groups could not have merged and completed the CM T4s. In a way, what we are discussing here is a problem that is kind of transcendent of "How I want to play" because it's becoming an issue of "If there is even enough players within one's same ESS demographic to play at all".

That's all I'm trying to point out. Just be conscious of what's going on. Help support game activity rather than community gating, because that is the same kitten that largely contributed to why raids have all but died off completely.

I agree, but what can you do?

I think it probably comes with poor experience. Like someone will make a50 KP group, and it went bad so they assume they need even more KP to filter out undesirables. But it doesn't really work like that since the content's been around a while.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That's all I'm trying to point out. Just be conscious of what's going on. Help support game activity rather than community gating, because that is the same kitten that largely contributed to why raids have all but died off completely.

there is huge skill disparity between 20 and 200 kp groups (latter ones usualy suck as well). i dont treat fractals as daily farm only, but great source of fun, and im not having fun with ppl not doing cc, dealing 0,5 of dps they should do, failing mechs and so on. i prefer to wait longer and have somehow decent ppl.but everyone is finding fun is something diffrent ofc.

I have not noticed any differences in fractal pugs on weekends vs weekdays

But yeah that sucks :(

Honestly now that we're on the topic of it, I find the kp discussion (verifying ~truth~ and whatever's a proxy for skill/performance in this game) to be very interesting.

Sometimes I ask players who I see repeated high performance from how much kp they have, and I'm usually shocked to find that the number was actually really high. I get a lot of replies like "Uhh lemme check, I sold a stack and I have one stack in the bank rn and okay, gw2efficiency says i have 54 on my ren, 93 on my BS..."

And then I do the calculations and this person has accumulated like over 600kp...Hehe maybe it's obvious but just because a group is "50kp" or whatever, doesn't mean the people who made the group/all the players in it actually have that amount on average. I know my friend who has like 800+kp and invites people who I know also have a lot (like at least 300kp), and she makes "50kp" or "100kp" groups just so they fill faster.

I know this isn't the case you're talking about, but I do wonder if sometimes someone joins and thinks "Wow this 50kp group was so good!! 50kp is better than 250kp!!!" but the group was actually made up of people who say, had 500kp on average LOL.