Much Love to all of you

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Can you be a little more specific? Perhaps it's a problem that can be solved by cleaning the hardware properly or fixing a specific OS issue...Due to updates, some file got corrupted.SrtTrail.txt

You don't need a new PC just because your installation of Windows got corrupted. Simply repair your Windows installation. :) By the way, are you using a laptop or a desktop PC?

Try these steps first:

• Scan your OS for corrupt files and repair them: instructions
  • If that didn't help, use your Windows installation USB stick to run a full repair of your Windows installation:
    (make sure you download the correct version of Windows for this, i.e. the one you have installed, like Home, Professional etc, 32-bit or 64-bit)

@Ashantara.8731It's a laptop.Unfortunately I don’t have a boot disc or pen.I'm trying to set up a restore point now, just not sure how much memory should I invest in it.I keep getting the same message that the drive has errors.Last time I almost bricked it when doing the scan.So I'm scared of doing it.

Edit. Health report says everything is fine.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:@Ashantara.8731It's a laptop.Unfortunately I don’t have a boot disc or pen.

Please, check the links I provided. The second one includes instructions on how to create a Windows installation media. You just need to get a USB stick with at least 6 GB, I'd recommend 8.

I'm trying to set up a restore point now

That's pointless, since you would be creating a Restore Point of your current state of Windows, which is faulty.

Please do as the first link says, and if that doesn't help, follow instructions of the second. I did't post those for fun. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:@Ashantara.8731It's a laptop.Unfortunately I don’t have a boot disc or pen.

Please, check the links I provided. The second one includes instructions on how to create a Windows installation media. You just need to get a USB stick with at least 6 GB, I'd recommend 8.

I'm trying to set up a restore point now

That's pointless, since you would be creating a Restore Point of your
current
state of Windows, which is faulty.

Please do as the first link says, and if that doesn't help, follow instructions of the second. I did't post those for fun. ;)

I'm trying to reinstall it, but its stuck at 0%.It's seems like everything it's against me.I just want to play Guild Wars.

I'm really upset right now.I haven't been this annoyed in years.

A little off topic.Do you guys know any legit ways to make money online?

Back on track.I know it may sound childish, but I don't think I can't cope with not being able to play Guild Wars.

Other than my real family, you lot are like family to me.I know it sounds sad and pathetic, but I need you guys, now more than ever, especially with all this quarantine thing.I'm already on anti anxiety pills.I don't want to get worse.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:I'm trying to reinstall it, but its stuck at 0%.

Re-install what? No one said anything about re-installing. :) You just had to scan for faulty OS files (first link), which get repaired automatically, and if that didn't help simply run a Windows repair (second link). No re-installation required.

Okay, since you are having panic attacks, just take a deep breath and follow these step by step, not all at once:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:

1. Scan your OS for corrupt files and repair them: instructionsThis is a very simple procedure. Did it solve the issue? If so: great. If not: stay calm, all will be fine:
  2. If that didn't help, create a Windows installation USB stick to run a full repair of your Windows installation:
    (make sure you download the correct version of Windows for this, i.e. the one you have installed, like Home, Professional etc, 32-bit or 64-bit)Do it step by step, take breaks if necessary. No need to panic.

I'd be cautious of the hard drive, or SSD, if you have the money, or access to somewhere computers are disposed of you may be able to do an install/move important files over to a new drive when your not busy, or playing.If you have an SSD, find who manufactured it and check for a firmware update, my OCZ SSD took a dump once a year, and had to get latest firmware before it would work.Laptops are a rough place for mechanical drives, never hurts to have a spare.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@avey.4201 said:I'd be cautious of the hard drive, or SSD, [...]

Just curious: what makes you think the OP is having a mechanical issue? From what she wrote, it's an OS issue that can be easily fixed.

Or did I miss something?

OS corruption happens for a reason, failing hardware, or hardware driver with error.Linux had a kernel bug several years ago causing storage to slowly corrupt, had ~4.18 kernel brick a storage device.User level programs while commonly bugged wouldn't have proper write access to corrupt OS files unless maliciously written to do so.Hardware failure is more common, more so with laptops.

@avey.4201 said:Hardware failure is more common, more so with laptops.

The OP does not have the money to buy new hardware, let alone the knowledge to replace hardware components. So it makes sense to rule out OS issues first, but it seems she has not tried a Windows repair yet...

P.S. The error she described is a known bug that can be repaired, by the way. I googled it:

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:Due to updates, some file got corrupted.SrtTrail.txthttps://www.google.com/search?q=SrtTrail.txt+error

Therefore, I am convinced it is not a hardware failure. Stop scaring her. ;)

@"Ashantara.8731"Sorry to disappoint you. I'm a "He" not a "She" haha. ?

I really don't know and can't seem to pinpoint what's the problem with my computer.I had to reinstall windows twice already... and at least once per week it goes really slow and freezes.When restarting it starts repairing the drive.The only updates I've done recently was for the graphics.Which is also confusing, because I think the graphics has nothing to do with the disc drive... correct me if I'm wrong.Unless there's some component in the drive that's not compatible with the graphics updates.

I really could do with a new computer right about now.Unfortunately, I'm nearly broke at the moment.This whole tough and strange time we're going through, really is not making life any easier.

I continue to say that I really appreciate you lot.I mean it.I've been a GW fan since 2009 ish... 2010.And really love everything about it.I really hope I could invest more in it.Unfortunately, as it goes... "Those who want it the most, are not always the ones who can..." or something like that.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:@"Ashantara.8731"Sorry to disappoint you. I'm a "He" not a "She" haha. ?

Oops! Guess I am not immune to assuming gender, either. (hangs head in shame)

I had to reinstall windows twice already...

Ahhh, okay.

and at least once per week it goes really slow and freezes.

Did you reinstall all the drivers for your laptop after you did a fresh install of Windows?

When restarting it starts repairing the drive.

Okay, that does sound like a hardware issue.