Why don't you just add cooldowns to Thief abilities like Revenant instead of increasing action cost.

How about no?Only the bad thieves play like you mention and you should be able to punish them for it.In other words "git gud".I very much enjoy the ability to actually use various skills for different situations and it's just about the only thing that Thief still has going for it right now.Other professions are encroaching on what made the Thief special, I'd really hate to see CD's added to weapon skills too.

Not to mention, Initiative actually counts as somewhat of a global cooldown for all of your equipped weapons, even after swapping.

I'd say no but I get why ud be thinking such. Anet for one needs to balance third using their knowledge thru play and from watching AT's but mostly thru their knowledge and make their own decisions on the class and learn to ignore 90% bias forum posts. Then they need to start treating ini for what it is A GLOBAL RESOURCE. This increasing ini everytime the feel the need to nerf thief is ruining thiefs flexibility and in fight adaptability which is soposed to be some of the classes strengths. It also lowers thiefs build deversity which is a theme becoming a issue across all classes. The team really need to change their ideals and methods, games low population isn't suprising.

@Kickpuncher.8109 said:It would help with the dumbed down thief play of literally spamming only 2 abilities and would probably allow you to balance classes better than just making Choking Gas cost 8 initiative next patch.

Also the issues lie with the ability, not the cost. You just put a band-aid over a broken bone.

Sure, just remember that that means that those abilities get massive buffs accross the board. And since shortbow 5 now would have a cooldown, thief as a whole gets even more massive buffs.

Honestly shave the damage off the 1 or 2 damaging skills and add it to another so instead of thief having 1 or 2 max skills used frequently and 2 skills used in niche situations as utility they can at least use 3 skills frequently and just have one skill only used sometimes. This would decrease the spammy nature of thief.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:Sure, just remember that that means that those abilities get massive buffs accross the board. And since shortbow 5 now would have a cooldown, thief as a whole gets even more massive buffs.

SB5 with cooldown ugh

Well it would suck for those who love the decap and +1 bot playstyle. But for the rest of us, its getting back the duelist thief, soooo.

Because it was a mistake when they did it with the Rev, why continue to make poor design choices.

If the ability is too powerful, address the ability, not the cooldown, animation, or whatever.

Maybe the ANET devs should figure out how to implement diminishing returns on CC; Blizzard has only been using it in PvP since like 2005 or so.

@Lighter.5631 said:i like it right now, big skill big cost, why do u want to spam skills.

It's not about spamming skills it's about using so much of a global resource in one skill without preparedness from trickery that one skill can deny u of any skill that costs 6 ini. Imagine not even being able to cast 2 consecutive skills cuz costs for skills are to high, that's reality in some scenarios currently which is absurd to say the least. As a warrior main I'm sure u think its fine lol.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:i like it right now, big skill big cost, why do u want to spam skills.

It's not about spamming skills

i know that's why I changed my post

Again not about using gas twice but the impact 7 ini cost on flexibility of using a different skill afterwards, how u like if a war skill put half ur weapon skills on CD for 2 secs not allowing u to use any skills? Sure ud think that's fine.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Again not about using gas twice but the impact 7 ini cost on flexibility of using a different skill afterwards, how u like if a war skill put half ur weapon skills on CD for 2 secs not allowing u to use any skills? Sure ud think that's fine.

choke gas right now is so good to prevent stomp/rez, if you remove daze w/e with low initiative cost, you will be less effective that's for sure even if you are able to spam more for example 1 or 2 more cluster bomb

@Lighter.5631 said:

choke gas right now is so good to prevent stomp/rez, if you remove daze w/e with low initiative cost, you will be less effective that's for sure even if you are able to spam more for example 1 or 2 more cluster bomb

I'd rather lower ini on gas and remove daze if necessary or put a 5 sec icd on the daze.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:choke gas right now is so good to prevent stomp/rez, if you remove daze w/e with low initiative cost, you will be less effective that's for sure even if you are able to spam more for example 1 or 2 more cluster bomb

I'd rather lower ini on gas and remove daze if necessary or put a 5 sec icd on the daze.

Agreed. I'd rather drop a choking gas and know I decreased the rez speed then have ammo for cluster bombing/kiting without daze, than have a choking gas with daze, drop it on someone rezzing who has stability and then basically be useless while I watch them rez because I needed to port someplace safe to clusterbomb.

At this point it's whatever though. I guess I can still use it.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:choke gas right now is so good to prevent stomp/rez, if you remove daze w/e with low initiative cost, you will be less effective that's for sure even if you are able to spam more for example 1 or 2 more cluster bomb

Agreed. I'd rather drop a choking gas and know I decreased the rez speed then have ammo for cluster bombing/kiting without daze, than have a choking gas with daze, drop it on someone rezzing who has stability and then basically be useless while I watch them rez because I needed to port someplace safe to clusterbomb.

Exactly! Slowing a rez thru poison is strong enough imo and drop gas to 4-5 ini so u can actually benefit from the ini design as intended.Have no clue what this new team is doing.

The issue here is that allot of stuff needs serious mechanical reworks. The PVP team can only do number changes so they put OP skills on the chopper to level some annoying stuff that players abuse.I hope they keep a list of the abilities they nerfed so they can rework them in the future and not be forgotten and left to rot like many other skills from the past.> @thehipone.6812 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:Maybe a combo system would help, do this thing do that thing, you do a lot and if you spam you get nothing.

Gotta go for GW1 assassin if you want that gameplay. Maybe GW2 cantha will bring it...we can hope, right?I think they can do it even now they made Warrior hammer combo weapon, but that is on the class design people.