Scrapper WvW Build

Sin.8419

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Engineer take your pick.

Problem with scrapper roaming is that I find it really puts you in a corner nowadays. Anet made scrapper pointless with condi so you'll want power to use it. But that only gives you two options - go rifle, which is a mediocre ranged weapon - or go hammer, which means you're completely melee and easily kited. You can work around it somewhat with kits, but it IMO it starts to limit what you can put on your skills instead. Tbh both core and holo and are better than scrapper for roaming.

I guess the only "excuse" you can have is learning the meta zerg dps spec, in which case you just go the bog standard marauder scrapper and hope for the best.

You can engage at range with mortar kit or grenades if you run hammer ; if you run rifle then you can use bomb kit for (delayed) melee range DPS or the underwhelming toolkit which hasn't been nerfed so it's passable.

I'd advise against playing condi scrapper as it is mostly going to be a gimmick with grenades or dual pistols. At least with holo you can burst with Photon Forge's Photon Blitz and Solar Focusing Lens.

Thank you very much for your answers.

The builds at metabattle seem to be zerg or guild-group-builds. Im looking for roaming build for scrapper. I looked at metabattle before i posted here.

Im not sure if mortar kit is good for roamning and i never took the bomb-kit. Dont think they are good for roaming, but maybe im wrong.

Haha Thx for sharing my video. As far as scrapper roaming Explosives Alchemy is really good has a really high amount of damage. For your question on mortar kit I prefer to run Sneak Gyro so i can use it to reposition in outnumbered fights. If u have any questions about scrapper feel free to message me.

• 1 month later...

This is my build, which is centered around WVW mobility and kiting, but has a lot of defensive utilities. I modified it from 'drunk engineer' build.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlFw8YaMH2Jm6WWtOA-zVZYVB3FFgYYlRvJQFFgdDA-w

I chose grenade kit, as its more my style (ranged) and the DPS is much better compared to rifle/pistol.You may want to change your settings though as grenades are ground cast (I chose instant cast at target)

I went with tools for streamlined kits trait, which gives me perm swiftness & +66% movement speed with runes of speed.(Just remember to swap to a kit ~30s)You should be a kiting god with the speed.

It goes well with scrapper object in motion trait, damage is +5% for every boon on you with swiftness, so keep on drinking those elixirs for boons.Heals are plenty -> F1, F2 (at yourself), 6, EG5, plus passive heal from backpack regen trait.Every damage you do generates barrier, there's an emergency barrier with bulwark gyro too.

If you need to get away quick, use the elite sneak gyro which gives you stealth.

• 1 month later...

Hi mate,Ive recently returned to the game after a few years away and love roaming in WvW which is something i never tried before.I love my scrapper but struggled at the start, look at Metabattle BUT you need to adapt to your own playstyle.Having solo roamed open world PvP in many games for years i realsied there is no META, its what suits YOU.Take some time to look at the traits and skills and work a build around a theme.

Ive tried power hammer, power riffle, condi (yes i know shoot me), turrets and all.Ive finally found what works for ME and that is a power/high HP/high Toughness build using Hammer but more importantly Mortar Kit!

Spec explosives and use this its fun as hell! Try using shrapnel instead of flashbang, learn combos and spam skill one.Im even using the rocket turret - drop - run at victim - start spamming mortars and switch to hammer for condi cleanse/extra damage.This aint a so called META, but it works for me and being different often gives shock value.

I die a lot! but you just have to face the fact that its often not your build but that there are folks who are better than you, but im old and still learning :)

Be Safe and i hope you have as much fun as i am having.

@Zengash.3256 said:Scrapper not good for roaming? Rly @"Sin.8419" take your solutions

impressive but it'd be super helpful if I could tell what abilities were being used when =P Small UI and flashy graphics makes it hard to follow these videos, at least as a new player. Looking forward to WvW someday but I'm still leveling lol

@Lynx.9058 said:

@Zengash.3256 said:Scrapper not good for roaming? Rly @"Sin.8419" take your solutions

impressive but it'd be super helpful if I could tell what abilities were being used when =P Small UI and flashy graphics makes it hard to follow these videos, at least as a new player. Looking forward to WvW someday but I'm still leveling lol

If you open this video on YT (click on YT in that video and it will open on YT page), you can then control resolution (def. 720p on my computer - change it to 1080p). Use keg wheel to control how fast it will play (I use 0.5) and you can easier see what is going on.

• 2 weeks later...