Newbie here

exzod.2071

hi guys i wanted to ask for guidance...bcs im new to this game ...and i find guardian a very atractive classIs worth playing ,in what position is guardian atm in game ...So...what build weps traces should i use in open world for map completation quest line etc...And for pvp what profession should i use when i will be able ofc...and why .Thanks so much guys all coments are welcome !!:D Sry for bad english

From gw2efficiency , guardian is the most played class so expecting it to be nerfed to irrelevance is unreasonable. It has always been relevant in WvW due to stability, is meta in fractals , strikes, and raids for quickness , and is decent in PvP as dragonhunter and meta with firebrand.

For power builds generally you run Greatsword + sword focus or scepter+focus.

@Infusion.7149 said:From gw2efficiency , guardian is the most played class so expecting it to be nerfed to irrelevance is unreasonable. It has always been relevant in WvW due to stability, is meta in fractals , strikes, and raids for quickness , and is decent in PvP as dragonhunter and meta with firebrand.

For power builds generally you run Greatsword + sword focus or scepter+focus.

Actually, guardian has always been the most played class. It has little to do with efficiency and more to do with theme. And in PvE guardian is consistently good. Burst + AOE + good to great sustained damage + good support + good sustainability. You cannot go wrong.

I differ on sPvP. before PoF guardian was terrible in sPvP for close to 2 years. But since, Anet has not figured a way to balance FB in sPvP, it was continuously over performing. And aoe and sustainability are the name of the game in blob PvP. So guardian always does good in WvW.

Op, honestly, contrary to what many will say, all classes do very well in PvE. Pick the class based on what theme you like, not performance, since they are close from that angle. In PvP the meta shifts frequently, balance is garbage and every class has at typically at least 1 solid build.