How to switch enemy AoE warning effect ON or OFF? Can it even be turned off?

EDIT: It is now ON for her out of the blue; must have been a bug. It still leaves the question though "Can that feature even be switched OFF from the options (without the game bugging out on you)?". o.O

95627690_3249960485055980_56673535205341

How do you switch this feature/effect ON or OFF!

More about the picture and issue if the picture does not work:I have no I issue with the following effect (it is ON for me) I am about to describe to you fine people, but my better half does (she has it OFF for some reason, not by choise). During some AoE attacks (made by enemies) you get these fiery edges on your screen if you happen to stand in it; I think it is meant to work as an early warning sign. She doesn't have the said feature on for some reason, but she would like it being ON.

We have removed the following options by cross refereshing our options to one another (so these are not the ones to fix it):

• Nothing in Graphics Options had any effect (I even went so far as to put everything to "low" or "none" to see if I could make it disappear).
  • Neither of us have a checkmark on "Disable Area-of-Effect Rings"

PS:At this point I am wondering if that feature can be turned OFF at all without the game bugging out on you (I am not the only one to wonder this).

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Huh. I've never seen that yellow effect. I get the other effects, though. Poison, blind, bleeding, etc.

You get it with very few selected AoE attacks made by enemies.Examples I know off:

• Vale Guardian's teleport AoE attack (if you stand in it).
  • The "red circle" AoE attack during Siren's Reef Fractal.