Expansion elite Starcaller

Bast.7253

I think I've seen a few suggestions of various ideas with many people wanting dual pistols, greatsword, and longbow.

Personally, I'm hoping for a starcaller themed elite spec, inspired by ancient jotun magic. Probably longbow, as our only long range weapon right now is staff. I used to want greatsword, but with the edition of weaver I'm not sure how they could create gameplay for greatsword unless they take a mesmer/rev approach in having it not behave like you would expect the weapon to.

As far as attunements, with each spec altering the way attunements perform, tempest with increased cooldowns, weaver with combo cooldowns, the Starcaller could have ONE attunement. Arcane. (If they didn't want to create multiple different weapon skills and just add a fifth arcane attunement which might be more favorable for most players and the playstyle in general.)

If they went with this one attunement, they could choose mantras as utility skills, with each mantra dedicated to existing attunements, earth/fire/air/water and arcane as more of an empowerment elite. Using the mantras would augment the existing weapon skills to reflect the mantra used. I.e. Apply burning and fire fields, chilled and healing, immobilize and bleeding with earth, daze and projectile deflection or knockbacks with air.

Longbow skills

Weapon skill 1 - auto attack:Base skill without mantra - chance to duplicate attack.

Fire mantra augments this ability to give it burning with a chance to cause burning to nearby targets.Water mantra - applies chill and applies a condition that allows allies to heal from attacking the marked target, but does slightly less damage. Projectile finisher.Earth mantra - cripples with a chance to bleed, and pierces.Air - increased projectile velocity and higher damage coefficient, and either a chance to inflict vuln or a stacking debuff that summons a lightning strike after a certain number of successful auto attacks.Elite - Arcane - chance to duplicate attacks 100%.

Weapon skill 2 - charge-upBase skill without mantra, channeled weapon skill similar to dragonhunter longbow 2 that behaves like rapid fire with Ranger. The longer you charge the more projectiles up to a certain threshold but coefficient decreases with each projectile.

Fire mantra - Only charges up one powerful ability with the longer charge increasing damage and burning stacks.Water - Heals you while channeling and heals allies in the path of the projectile.Earth - At minimal charge - immobilizes target and enemies in the projectiles path, at max charge knocks down instead of immobalizes.Air - at minimal charge inflicts 10 stacks of vuln and deflects projectiles, max charge summons one additional lightning strike/star.Elite - Arcane - Summons falling stars in the path of the projectiles.

Weapon skill 3 - mobilityBase skill without mantra - acts similar to blink/thief shortbow 5. You become a star and travel to the targeted area, invulnerable to power damage but susceptible to conditions.

Fire - you dash to the the targeted area leaving a blazing trail in your path, is an evade.Water - targeted area becomes a water field with knock back targets in your path similar to tidal wave with warhorn 4, leap finisher that heals you when you successfully land in the water field.Earth - move underground, invulnerable to power damage, crippling foes in your path, upon arrival of the target area you rise from the ground and gain a small amount of barrier.Air - become a cloud, gain shocking aura, and gain superspeed for a brief time when you arrive at the target.Elite - Arcane - leaves an astral projection at your departed position that mimics your next 3 abilities.

Weapon skill 4 - defensiveBase skill - shift into the astral plane for a brief time, gaining brief invulnerability and a stack of resistance.

Fire - summon a black hole around you (smoke field) and leap back 600 yards - leap finisher for small stealth duration.Water - summon a moon that follows you and periodically pules healing waves beneath you that cleanse 1 condition with each pulse. 3 pulses with a healing coefficient similar to geyser on staff 3.Air - daze surrounding enemies briefly and then knock them away 600 yards.Earth - immobilize and blind surrounding foes.Elite - Arcane - self-float - gain distortion for 2 seconds, when distortion ends your star form disperses and emits smaller star projectiles that stun for 1 second. Affects 5 targets.

Weapon skill 5 - aoeBase skill - large area - summons rapid falling stars - similar to ranger volley but shorter duration = same damage - more bursty.

Fire - falling stars have a chance to leave a small fire field.Water - falling stars chill and heal allies in the area.Air - falling stars apply swiftness to allies in the area and briefly creates a tether between enemies struck pulsing lightning damage.Earth - falling stars create a shockwave applying a debuff to enemy players similar to the slippery slope mechanic for a short duration.Elite - Arcane - enemies in the area are pulled into the center and falling stars converge into one to combine into one damaging ability. Cc does no damage and lasts 2 seconds, falling star arrives at ground target 4 seconds after cast, allowing for reaction time.

Obviously a lot of this probably sounds broken, and a bit of a mess. I'm also not taking into account other weapon sets in terms of how the mantras would augment them. But I'm just spit-balling because I can't wait to get new elite specs and I've always liked the idea of a celestial themed spec. (Yes, I know there's druid. But druid always felt like it had a bit of a confused identity to me and the only thing that seems "celestial" about it is the naming of the ablities and the graphics, and MAYBE staff 3 being a light orb.)