That annoying or "OP" Core Pistol/Dagger Build (Variant), but the idea is the same

Crab Fear.1624

gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAoiVlNw2YgsOGJOOPaLdA-zZoOlCkAZKC6VIExCwxDA

You can decide between trickster and bountiful theft as you want, and between potent poison and improvisation based on needs.

You can open with (steal+cnd, sneak attack-> shadowstrike repeater) or you can precast a choking gas into a group, target, then do the same opener combo and really load up the poison.

ect.

You are pretty evasive with your utilities, but your stealth will come from (2s) on the withdraw, when you hit with cnd, or when you use stolen skill blinding tuft from thief. You could cast shortbow 2 into smoke screen.

Your utilities should be focused on survival, and you can get enough dps from your weapon skills and combo fielding smartly.

It can duel, and stall outnumbered fights.

There is a daredevil variant, but this is the core. The amulets and rune are to taste, but this is the basic idea.

Honestly you dont need potent poison, and improvisation is better when you steal from engi and combo field in throw gunk for the confusion, the double stealth from thief...ect.

The little extra damage and pathetic duration boost from potent poison isn't really worth it, especially when you get that sweet RNG smokescreen recharge.

Old P/D pros know this build is spicy and they are mclovin it.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAoiVlNw2YgsOGJOOPaLdA-zZoOlCkAZKC6VIExCwxDA

You can decide between trickster and bountiful theft as you want, and between potent poison and improvisation based on needs.

You can open with (steal+cnd, sneak attack-> shadowstrike repeater) or you can precast a choking gas into a group, target, then do the same opener combo and really load up the poison.

ect.

You are pretty evasive with your utilities, but your stealth will come from (2s) on the withdraw, when you hit with cnd, or when you use stolen skill blinding tuft from thief. You could cast shortbow 2 into smoke screen.

Your utilities should be focused on survival, and you can get enough dps from your weapon skills and combo fielding smartly.

There is a daredevil variant, but this is the core. The amulets and rune are to taste, but this is the basic idea.

Honestly you dont need potent poison, and improvisation is better when you steal from engi and combo field in throw gunk for the confusion, the double stealth from thief...ect.

The little extra damage and pathetic duration boost from potent poison isn't really worth it, especially when you get that sweet RNG smokescreen recharge.

Potent poison is way better than improv, a 20% damage increase (Plus additional venom stacks when you use 3 and 2) is something you're really going to feel the lack of if you don't take it. That allows you to take something other than the AoE smoke field (which is mainly used for damage and gets in the way of your poison finishers since a projectile can only combo once) Also RFI doesn't give you enough kiting ability, and the initiative gain is meh. If you can't kill your target w/o having the Initiative from RFI you need to bait cooldowns or play smarter instead of trying to burst them again right off the bat. That's why portal or blinding powder is better so you can re-position to decap or BP use another stealth attack with pistol 1 which procs the life steal and a free venom, plus a free 4 seconds to breathe and kite while you find another good time to burst.

@Topher.5631 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

ect.

Potent poison is way better than improv, a 20% damage increase (Plus additional venom stacks when you use 3 and 2) is something you're really going to feel the lack of if you don't take it. That allows you to take something other than the AoE smoke field (which is mainly used for damage and gets in the way of your poison finishers since a projectile can only combo once) Also RFI doesn't give you enough kiting ability, and the initiative gain is meh. If you can't kill your target w/o having the Initiative from RFI you need to bait cooldowns or play smarter instead of trying to burst them again right off the bat. That's why portal or blinding powder is better so you can re-position to decap or BP use another stealth attack with pistol 1 which procs the life steal and a free venom, plus a free 4 seconds to breathe and kite while you find another good time to burst.

I get more of my damage my from bleeds and torment.

The combo fields are nice, and the double stolen is always useful.

I can move around utilities but its like taking executioner for power builds imo at this time.

If I don't run trickster, I would probably choose your recommended utilities.

But, when you posted you other build it linked a necro build.

Can you post your pd?

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

I can move around utilities but its like taking executioner for power builds imo at this time.

Can you post your pd?

In my defense it was really late when I did that lol, mbhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAoiVlNw2YiMLGJO2OrrdA-zZoOkCUApIDyUI40B

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

Can you post your pd?

In my defense it was really late when I did that lol, mbhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAoiVlNw2YiMLGJO2OrrdA-zZoOkCUApIDyUI40B

@Topher.5631 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

Can you post your pd?

In my defense it was really late when I did that lol, mb

Ah, well not so different; i'll have to give it a spin.

Thanks.

Lol,

Basically all pure condi thief builds over the years have had a burst combo involving loading someone up with condi by combining a fair number of attacks, utilities and the condi on steal traits.

Every. Single. Build. And every single time people complain and call it: OP. Boring. Braindead. Low skill.

Sure, if you can get someone to eat the burst and not fight back every single time it will be easy to play, lol. Same works for most builds that do any sort of damage.

I’ll offer some concrete suggestions. If you want to fight Repeater spammers:

1. Projectile hate works super well (LoS and Reflect and Absorb). So would counter ranged pressure. Basically, little to no unblockable attacks so anything in this category works. And thief lacks the ability to trade blows for long so treat this like a harder to set up Unload spammer. Avoid, counter pressure, win.
  2. The Repeater/Deadly Ambition poison stacking comes from landing Shadowstrike. If they land this skill have your counter ready. Or if you can, predict the Shadowstrike and avoid getting hit by it. If they show up in melee kite them while using blocks and their damage won’t be nearly as high.
  3. One good option is to use a cc and interrupt them. They are visible and can’t teleport for four seconds. So you can at least bait a dodge (during which they won’t be firing at you).
  4. This is ultimately a build based on condi. You may want to invest in major cleanses (cleanse at least 3+). This is designed to hurt all at once not whittle you down. Don’t say “I can’t take enough cleanse.” If you don’t take cleanse of course people are going to run builds like this. If this is flavor of the month then running a few more cleanses may dissuade them from sticking with it.