04/28/2020—Late Patch Notes(Ranger changes)

LughLongArm.5460

@LughLongArm.5460 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:Couldn't disagree more. the build I'm playing right now does great in 1v1's. 6.4k heal + resistance for everyone, immob spam, and Concussive Shot is bad in team fights? Have you tried any builds other than glassbow, and are you just making assumptions? I'm doing fine in plat 2 so far, and I'm rusty AF. So I think you're off the mark in this case.Just upload a video of your sPvP fights with the rank and we will have the oportunity to appreciate your fantastic gameplay. Otherwise we are not buying your horse kitten.

The balance for ranger is surprisingly fine and good at least about the ranger. I think Sic'em would need the same treatement as Attack of Oportunity, but maybe with the nerf to tiger and gazelle it would be enogh. I like they increased the CD of Maul, i hope the buff the base damage back in the future.

But why would I do that nonsense? Even if I went out of my way to record a few clips, it would make no difference because the default state of the ranger forums has always been "crying in a fetal position." It's always the same people too, for the last 6-7 years.

I'll just keep enjoying my build, and in a few months one of you will post something similar saying how you figured it all out.

Funny you ask for clips though, as someone just posted a similar build over in the PvP forums with footage. Go find it.

As I said, we'll be seeing a lot more condi SB's.

Condi ranger builds just happen to be doing better as a result of everything else getting nerfed around them. Condi for rangers was barely touched in the big balance patch and haven’t been touched in patches since then, it’s been a focus of nerfing our power damage output as ANET are listening to those that make the most noise in the pvp forum.

Condi builds is not the theme of the post, I'm happy condi works for some payers and I never said it wasn't viable, I myself play as a druid in platinum which considered trash by most, works for me. Also,It is well known that almost any build can be viable in platinum if you know how to rotate. Telling players that got hit hard by nerfs which had much broader implication than necessary, go and play condi is idiotic. It is like telling druid, just play soul beast, telling soulbeast just play core ranger, telling core ranger just play guardian.

The point of this thread other than informing players regarding the changes, is point out that A.net chose the wrong direction to nerf core - rangers. I posted my opinion together with many other rangers in several discussions about this topic on the PvP forum.

I was replying to the previous poster with my comment. I’m not telling people to play condi builds at all as people will pick and choose how they want to play, it’s not my place to decide for them. And yes, any build will work if you know how to play, play well enough and have a decent team to support you with, regardless of condi or power.

I also believe that rangers have been the victim of too much senseless nerfing by ANET as a result of listening to the loudest people in the pvp forum rather than coming here and working with the ranger population on how to tone down certain aspects of the classes while reworking/buffing the aspects with are in need of help to provide better class balance and more viable competitive builds. But that’s not how ANET roles when it comes to addressing balance...

@mistsim.2748 said:Excellent, focused nerfs. Now people might try other builds that aren't faceroll. We'll be seeing a lot more condi Soulbeasts.

GS is less mandatory now. Try shortbow people, it's good man.

Their next step as I see it is to bring Druid back up. Staff needs a rework.

@mistsim.2748 said:Excellent, focused nerfs. Now people might try other builds that aren't faceroll. We'll be seeing a lot more condi Soulbeasts.

One can hope they will work on druid. But the problem is that druid was designed for raids , and to be honest it was bad idea. Arenet are bad on knowledge their mistake so I wouldn’t count on druid change next. I really hope arenet will give us different developer becuse in my opinion ireno killed the class

@"kiwituatara.6053" said:I hate the nerf on attack of opportunity. It hasn’t changed on the greatsword skills at all, instead, it’s nerfed moment of clarity trait, which isn’t even a popular trait in a very niche trait line.

That's the biggest issue for me as well. All the rest of the changes I could justify. They could at-least make it so that the pet's version for " attack of opportunity", is 25%(which is inline with the SB maul version , for attack of opportunity anyway), and leave the ranger's version from of attack of opportunity from the trait at 50%.

Shortbow is horrifically stationary compared to GS, and it's arguably far more faceroll than GS.