[PVP] Scourge, already handicapped, loses half of it's damage

Jayce.5632

I'm generally curious. Did Scourge really need a 50% and a 60% base damage nerf? The spec has already been dumpstered after that whole shade mechanic fisco. Right now, you can barely scratch minions and clones take 3 shade attacks to kill. And for some kitten reason, I can't get a feather duster and Tickle-Me Elmo out of my head.

There's no way to balance a class's damage with that level of AoE boon manipulation, sustain, and soft CC all available. It was designed as a disabling support spec and still kinda does that job well.

That's why boons were and frankly still are the primary problem. A corrupt on someone with 25 might not only removes 750 power (which is between 20% and 30% of any DPS build's damage) as well as reduces power damage by 50% on top of that, AND cuts dodge uptime in half.

If boons weren't grossly OP and corruption not grossly punishing or delivered in AOE form, the spec could be given damage.

That's kinda the big flaw with the last patch though. ANet just threw a general nerf at coefficients and skills as a whole. Having 25 might or delivering AoE weakness is still going to have the same relative strength as before. It's just going to be slightly harder to maintain the stacks is all.

I enjoy new scourge with BM, DM, SC and Carrion or mender amulet ))Heavy boon corrupt (boon steal), res ability, shields, constant condi transfer via pets and Staff 4 and passive Health regen )))Finally i can be killed only via hard focus and cc chain )))

And main source of damage - condi transfer, axe 2, focus 5 and 3 pets ))

Just don't rely on shade to deal damage. Trust be told, the damage potential on shade skills is still to high, ANet should have never put damage on these skills since the shade mechanism do not lock the necromancer out of it's weapon skills nor it's utility skills.

DeceiverX also point out a good point about corruption. While it's barely useful in PvE, Corruption is just to strong of a mechanism in PvP environment. It's difficult to know whether ANet aknowledge that there is mechanicals issues with their level of communication and their balance by number tweaks philosophy.

@"Dirame.8521" said:Power Scourge seems to be quite viable, https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_PowerScourge

With the new signet lf regen it could be quite a beast.Don't play this above silver division! You will just weaken your team. The gameplay videos on metabattle prove this. The encounters the poster is fighting are aweful in terms of mechanical skill. Esp. the reapers... he fights some reapers and they all lose to him. :o In fact reaper hardcounters this build. That longbow ranger staying at axe range all the time is also hilarious and even this superbad guy does only lose because the scourge got support.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Dirame.8521" said:Power Scourge seems to be quite viable,

With the new signet lf regen it could be quite a beast.Don't play this above silver division! You will just weaken your team. The gameplay videos on metabattle prove this. The encounters the poster is fighting are aweful in terms of mechanical skill. Esp. the reapers... he fights some reapers and they all lose to him. :o In fact reaper hardcounters this build. That longbow ranger staying at axe range all the time is also hilarious and even this superbad guy does only lose because the scourge got support.

Is that so KrHome? Are you saying that you don't have enough mechanical skill to use the build then?

Anyway, thank you for your opinion. Also since Power Reaper has been nerfed, it means Power Scourge can tank them even more now.... So fun fun!

as a scourge main, i hate the state of our class. BUT with that said, Anet is doing the right thing. They are doing a factory reset on the game and removing all the power creep that happened with the xpacs and 7 years worth of adjustments. So I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for a little while, maybe 6 months. After that, then I'll be just as negative.

For now I'll just continue to play core and bide my time......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@UMS.1976 said:I enjoy new scourge with BM, DM, SC and Carrion or mender amulet ))Heavy boon corrupt (boon steal), res ability, shields, constant condi transfer via pets and Staff 4 and passive Health regen )))Finally i can be killed only via hard focus and cc chain )))

And main source of damage - condi transfer, axe 2, focus 5 and 3 pets ))

What build please.?