PoF act 2: The Departing - Game repeatedly crashing

Ausfer.1853

I'll try to avoid major spoilers here for any other players reading, but ... every time after the initial fight, and after you wake up with amnesia, the game crashes shortly after the conversation with the guy in chains. Sometimes I make it to the Judge, sometimes the game crashes before I talk to him. It's happened three times in a row, now.

I started running GW2.exe with -verify and -repair. And while I was typing this, the game repair program also crashed. Not sure if that's a related problem or not.

I dont make it that far. Every time after the initial fight, disconnect.

Now, this has actually happened to me every single boss quest so far. Every. Single. One. If there's a boss fight, I dc in the dialog right after. The warhounds, Forged Officers, Balthazar, Facet Guardian, and Balthazar again. Then I need to redo the boss fight. With every one so far, the dialog completes the second time and I move forward.

However, this time, Ive dc'ed twice now. And as hysterically fun the fight is on a squishy, its not quite that fun. It takes nearly 10 minutes, and then I dc and have to redo it. Twice now. Ill try again tomorrow, but if I dc again, there will be yelling and cursing.

I disconnect every time in the same place: right after talking to the NPC in chains for the 2nd time. I have tried twice yesterday and once today and it happens every time. This instance is pretty long so it's a pain to redo it over and over and disconnecting so close to the end :(

EDIT:After the new build I've tried again and first disconnected during the initial fight. Then I tried going straight to portal and waiting for the NPC in chains to finish talking there instead of right in front of his cage and I was able to complete the instance.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been having the same issue. Every time i speak with the guy in chains (after battle) i crashed on the exact same spot 6 times.! The solution to this problem (for me) was unplug every possible sound output so boxes, headphones,etc.... did it again after and went trough without a hitch.I hope this helpes for some of u as well

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...