New Player starting Revenant

afrolo.1250

Hello guys,

I want to "main" a revenant. I've read through the forums and I know some people aren't fan of the "choosing just one class", but I have limited time to spend on the game and want to experience it with one class as best as possible, since honestly, the game seems really vast.

Now before I embark on this journey (and yes I understand that in order to understand the game I need some understanding of the other classes as well, however, I want to limit my time in doing that), I want to know a few things:

• is revenant suitable in game content overall? By that I mean in end-game PvE such as fractals and raids, but I'm also interested in exploring PvP. Again, yes all classes are somewhat effective in doing all this, but how does the Revenant stand in this?
  • is revenant even a suitable class for a beginner? The reason I picked it is because of the visuals and the melee playstyle.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

@"afrolo.1250" said:Hello guys,

I want to "main" a revenant. I've read through the forums and I know some people aren't fan of the "choosing just one class", but I have limited time to spend on the game and want to experience it with one class as best as possible, since honestly, the game seems really vast.

Now before I embark on this journey (and yes I understand that in order to understand the game I need some understanding of the other classes as well, however, I want to limit my time in doing that), I want to know a few things:

• is revenant suitable in game content overall? By that I mean in end-game PvE such as fractals and raids, but I'm also interested in exploring PvP. Again, yes all classes are somewhat effective in doing all this, but how does the Revenant stand in this?
  • is revenant even a suitable class for a beginner? The reason I picked it is because of the visuals and the melee playstyle.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

I can understand this "having only one main" ,cuz im only playing with my main rev too ^^

I would say rev is an very good class for every game mode.In WvW, Core rev, renegades and herald are very goodin pvp is core and herald atm top notchand in PvE-(Endgame):

Herald is decent and easier to play. its pretty good, but some people are into makin jokes about it due to being a "lower" dps class.Core rev - dont know really about it there.Renegade is one of the best thing. Its an very strong healer, high power damage, high condi damage or strong support/dmg spec; depending on how you play.

I personally prefer herald in all game modes, but also have the support/dmg version of the renegade, if neededBtw only cuz people are joking about herald and its lower dps, its still able to out-damage most other players if played right.

I second everything @Virdo.1540 said and below:I would say rev is one of the higher skill cap classes in pvp and roaming wvw (which is what I do as power Shiro herald) as you have to manage both cool downs and energy. I honestly quit playing rev when I first tried it in pvp but came back to it past month and maining it now but you have to put time into it. Once done, it is quite an enjoyable and very rewarding class.

Also for pvp, you can take your rev into it and have all same stats as rest depending on build you choose (level 1 as strong as level 80) but you should be familiar with class. Use meta battle for easy guides and gameplay although some say it’s for newbs. Also, plenty of content on YT for pvp like Vallun and Happyno who released very recent vids. However, to get to there level, it will take a ton of games.

For end game pve content (which I don’t do), renegade alacrigade is also very popular. All builds can be found on meta battle too as a starter.

End of the day, just got to play it and try and enjoy it! I prob lost my first 5 matches in pvp as rev but I never gave up! If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or pm me!

Like said above, there are many ways to look for orientation if it comes to build etc.

for PvE (esp endgame) i would recommend snowcrows.com . The builds there are mainly raid builds, but this doesnt mean that the builds arent the best options to use in fractals, dungeons or open world. (besides kiter ofc)

For WvW & PvP ,i would either look on Metabattle.com or on https://www.godsofpvp.net/

but its just some ways to gain orientation. I ended up with own variations i personally can play the best for me and enjoyed the most.

Rev is a class that is always in some variation to play one of the top classes for any gamemode. Better switching one or two traitlines than a whole character. at least i say so ^^

• Rev is suitable for all content.
  • Energy is tricky to manage for a beginner, but practice over time makes Energy management 2nd nature.
  • Rev's "jack of all trades" sort of capabilities make them very versatile to build, so yu can literally build anything yu like and it will work 80% of the time (20% of the time it won't work in raids because well, those content do have optimal builds which bring out the best DPS potential)

Welcome to the Rev family, may whatever build yu make survive the irregular nerf patches by Anet.