Will buying Path of Fire unlock all previous LW episodes?

Hello, all.As the subject says, I'm not really clear. I was a player at the start of the game, but quit shortly after Heart of Thorns came out, and never purchased it. Back then, if I remember correctly, you had to log on during a window to get each LW update. I see that for the current anniversary, they've opened windows to get the most recent LW episodes free if you log in.

But the sale page for Path of Fire says it includes HoT and PoF, and "the living world". The description under it just says get new living world updates free. So does buying the expansions unock the past LW episodes since I've left the game, or would they be additional purchases (or waiting for times like these when new unlock windows are opened)?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Where are you seeing that it includes the living world? I see Living World: The Icebrood Saga listed, but nothing to say all of the living world is included. As far as I know you do not get all of the living world releases when you buy PoF.

It's confusing because you have to own HoT to play Season 3 and PoF to play Season 4 and 5 (aka Icebrood Saga), so technically it is one of the things you get access to when buying them, but you also have to unlock them or buy them. If you log in to a free/core game account during the release window for an episode you get that episode unlocked for free, but you can't play it until you buy the expansion. But similarly if you have the expansion you still need to log in during the release window or buy the episode to be able to play it.

(On a related note I wish they would offer a version of the game with everything up to the latest season. So currently base game, HoT, PoF, Season 2, 3 and 4. Even if a new player chooses not to buy it at least it would make it clearer that there is more to buy than just the expansions. Right now it leads to a lot of confusion and sometimes an unplesant surprise when new players learn that parts of the story are sold seperately.)

You can buy the LW seasons regardless of whether you own HoT or PoF, they are not included in either. However, you can only play a LW season when you own the respective expansion.

Edit: You were referring to this page, correct? Hover over "The Icebrood Saga" and you will see for yourself what is meant by it: "Owners of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire can play new Living World episodes as soon as they’re live. Upgrade your account now and play the latest episode of our all-new Living World story, the Icebrood Saga, today."

Living World and the expansions are sold separately. Both Living World 3 and 4 are very much worth buying and doing. LW3 is a great source of ascended trinkets. After completing LW4 you can do the Skyscale which is the primo, true-flying mount for this game.