The Icebrood Saga Continues May 26!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and I have to say, it's a very good trailer and presentation. Better imho than the two previous episode. I like it as much as I liked A bug in the system trailer. The map also look really interesting. It is located here, you can see it by slowing down video to 0.25, there is too little islands at the right, it corresponds.Lwe2ILZ.jpg

I'm happy it's a charr map again, I would have badly seen an icebrood total war in shiverpeaks with icy castles. It promises to be very good.

@"hugo.4705" said:Yeah, and I have to say, it's a very good trailer and presentation. Better imho than the two previous episode. I like it as much as I liked A bug in the system trailer.The map also look really interesting. It is located here I think:Lwe2ILZ.jpg

Oh yeah, that looks like a very likely location. Nice!

I'm a bit sad it's almost the whole month away, but I liked the trailer. It all certainly looks very interesting.

Awesome - thanks for loading the trailer up early (like we ask!). Certainly looks interesting and unique - looking forward to it. Got a bit caught out by the lack of VA until I remembered lol

I hope the battlefield style doesn't detract from exploration. I'm all for a fully multi player map, but some of that scenery looks great to nosey around

Death to the Charr!dYOK2B8.png

@zealex.9410 said:Begs the question, why trailer now if we are getting the update itself in 3 weeks?

Also weaponset with the word tengu on it, tengu race confirmed.

1) Because player feedback is for earlier trailers2) They've just made the early episodes free. This gives time to catch up and maximise player population whilst still keeping the hype and discussion going

There is ton of asura holo-shields in trailer but I think it's most likely the pact. I think the steel warband is with us, because at a moment we drag their "devourer"-tank with a charrcopter while protecting them with a forcefield.

My guess it that the strange new legion banner is from the Alliance of all legions against Bangar. As they said at the start "United legions".They also reconverted target balloons from grothmar into flyers dispensers :p

Something important to note, only the bottom of the map is available. The north has snow limits and blurred. Like prologue and episode 1/2, episode 3 map will be charr, episode 4 will be norn, again, they seems to alternate between the two races.

P8XP8w6.jpgMaybe there is a giant icy fortress after all....

Didn't the Devs state that Episodes 3 and 4 would be a split map, long ago? I seem to remember something about Episodes 3 and 4.

Yes, here is the statement that mentions Episodes 3 and 4 share a map:

"I can't go into a ton of details on episodes three and four because, you know, spoilers and all, but I can tell you the map is meta-focused with a push-and-pull feel similar to WvW in a PvE setting. We want maps this season to bring something to them that makes them a permanent part of your play experience. That's why the culmination of Bjora Marches is a world boss and we're striving for high replayability for the episodes three and four map. We want it to be a unique, fun, and rewarding experience that will be part of your daily/weekly play cycle."

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Didn't the Devs state that Episodes 3 and 4 would be a split map, long ago? I seem to remember something about Episodes 3 and 4.

Yeah they said something like "Episode 3 and 4 maps will use WvW / back and forth mechanics and will happens in the same map.." something like that.

Something about the name of the map makes me happy. It is somewhat ugly/cute? Kinda like England I guess.....

I haven't looked forward to a LW episode as much since LA was attacked. I can't wait to see how the studio presents WvW in PvE. What does "somewhat like PvP" look like?Imo, the studio succeeded with the LA episode. I don't know if there is a game design equivalent to "break a leg". Maybe something based on the concept "to grok".

Be willing to eat whatever happens!

I suck at motivation.

The map reminds me a bit of the old Z (Zed) strategy game. Man those little robot dudes where funny.

Didn't even know there was a trailer for this game for its release on GoG:

Trailer looks nice. Let's hope the map game play is as fun as promised. If it has even half the longevity of Silverwastes, that would be an amazing map.