0 Energy Altruism Support Rev. Top Cleanse (300+) WvW

I usually explain the builds i make in great detail with some sort of long written tutorial, but I think the video's will speak for itself about this build.

In this post patch environment, it's pretty hard to piece together a decent healing build that can hold it's own in WvW zerg setting. But after a bit of theory crafting i found an interesting...mechanic that seemed pretty interesting to take advantage of.

The way it works, is that you have Energy Expulsion on Ventari set to autoattack. This will explode your tablet the moment you either swap into the Ventari, or reach 10 energy (Given that the tablet is out.) To rebirth the tablet, you use Ventari's Will, and it will automatically summon back your tablet to explode again...and you repeat this process over and over by just spamming Ventari's Will. This will effectively put you at a perma 0 energy. However the perks that come from this is the fact that we are using the explosion from ventari to create orbs, and cleanse conditions. The way the traits align, you are able to gain healing from...

1) Ventari's Stance passive2) Orb production via orb traits3) Vigor granted from said orbs, which procs Elevated Compassion4) Energy Expulsion Healing.

So every 3 seconds, you are doing significant healing to the majority of your squad. To do this effectively, you should have your targeting set up correctly, which means having Instant target, and automatically select ground target, so that when you have your tag selected, mashing Ventari's Will, will reposition your tablet very fast to the commander and then subsequently explode, this is QOL and just makes better usage of the tablet's orbs.

Aside from the above, there are multiple avenue's and builds you could approach this from based on play-style. I decided that Mallyx rev was the most fun because of it's access to Resistance, as well as mobility. Pulling conditions from allies doesn't count on the cleanse meter, but if you need to be in mallyx for some self survival, you can at least be still "cleansing" and resisting conditions on your allies, until you can swap to Ventari again.

Questions? Ask me. Have fun.

Build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAYZllQIMKCiNRRsKSiFSgsBSgD9TV7C-zVJYjR1fhkUEVdqmeRo+BJU+bp9NL-w

(Cheaper Alternative)http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAYZllQIMKCiNRRsKSiFSgsBSgD9TV7C-z1IYxo6vMqOVTvqU/gEK/t0+mF-w

Video 1:0 Energy Mallyx/Ventari Support Rev. (Herald)

&

Video 2:0 Energy Mallyx/Ventari Support Rev. (Core)

&

I've been playing with a kinda similar build lately. Glad to see you are using Altruism runes. They are superb on Ventari--truly awesome synergy. I don't have ArcDPS installed but I've been curious about my cleansing numbers. Unfortunate to hear that transfers from Mallyx don't register. Do you know if transfers from Altruism runes do? I'm running Salv/Invo/Rene atm with a bit more boon duration than I'd normally go for (~90% with food/utility/bounty stacks) as it gives perma 10-man alac and good uptime on retal, regen, and some really great resistance uptime too (perma on self). I don't really like the idea of just spamming the elite but I definitely do use it a whole lot. Sadly I find I use Natural Harmony the least of any of the Ventari skills.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I've been playing with a kinda similar build lately. Glad to see you are using Altruism runes. They are superb on Ventari--truly awesome synergy. I don't have ArcDPS installed but I've been curious about my cleansing numbers. Unfortunate to hear that transfers from Mallyx don't register. Do you know if transfers from Altruism runes do? I'm running Salv/Invo/Rene atm with a bit more boon duration than I'd normally go for (~90% with food/utility/bounty stacks) as it gives perma 10-man alac and good uptime on retal, regen, and some really great resistance uptime too (perma on self). I don't really like the idea of just spamming the elite but I definitely do use it a whole lot. Sadly I find I use Natural Harmony the least of any of the Ventari skills.

Altruism runes count on arcdps. For Mallyx I’m pretty sure they don’t count unfortunately, but I’d have to really take a closer look to make sure. Seems that every time I go into Mallyx my cleansing stalls which didn’t make much sense to me. Still it’s still a cleanse you just don’t get the proper credit for it :astonished:

@Infusion.7149 said:I fully expect the rune to get an internal cooldown. I was using it with scrapper on mortar kit previously.

I mean if people complain about it, then knowing CMC he probably would do that.

Personally, this build has it's drawbacks, it's not the smoothest of builds to play and it's rather gimmick, as it's got its natural trade-offs. Altruism Engi has way better cleansing given the already decent heal mechanisms on the class, and i still wouldn't play large-scale without cleansing engi's around. So if he decides to nerf Altruism it would be just because CMC hates revs at this point, because Engi will do just fine without altruism.