Revenant utility skill swap places template bug

This has been ongoing for a long time, its been getting worse with templates though.. At least a year, they're probably not going to fix it. I have to relog to be able to change skills sometimes. Or they're in the right spots but it shows the wrong skills so I have no fucking idea what I'm actually doing.

• 1 month later...

PLEASE ANET IF YOU READ THIS THREAD. REVENANT COMMUNITY WANT THIS FIXED( me included ?) IT CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ISSUE, FOR EXEMPLE IN 3V3 YOU CANT CHANGE BUILD BECAUSE OF THIS BUG THAT MAY RUIN EVERTHING SINCE THERE IS NO PRESTART TIME TO SWITCH SLOT.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, this is busted. It's greatest impact is in pvp where you have 90 seconds to correct everything that was removed. This is a serious issue to anyone new to the class or just playing on occasion. The other factor is that these templates can be purchased with money through the BLTC. We're essentially paying for a broken product. 

• Like 1

As a rev main I've noticed a work around to the skills changing locations wich I've used ever since the bug first came.

Okey so what you have to do is equip the 2 legends you want and it must be the same legends on both water and land.  The legend icons also must be exaly the same order meaning for example herald on left shiro on right in water as well as on land. Now put the skills in default position meaning the location they originally load in when you first load the legend creating the char. Do that on both water and land. Save template with legend pictures being in correct swaps meaning same legend on left and right side on water and land.

Now never ever move the skills around because then randomly they will change place you have to rebind ur buttons to match the new locations. Repeat process across all templates used. All skills must be in default location both water and land across all templates you use. Personally I recommend copy paste 1 fixed template to all other templates. Then swap legends set traits up and never move location on a skill. That way it doesn't take forever.

Now after you've done that ur set to go. Now you may swap legends for water as well as on land as much as you like. You can now use the template again but never move a single skill.  Utility skills has to be on the exakt same location permanent as the default state.

I hope you guys understand what I mean. <----- 9k hours on rev.
And yes the skills never move positions for me anymore ever since I started doing this. It's still a pain in the kitten that needs fix either way. But this work around is better then having riposting shadows becoming phase traversal all the suddenly.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Counter Terrorist.7421 said:

As a rev main I've noticed a work around to the skills changing locations wich I've used ever since the bug first came.

Okey so what you have to do is equip the 2 legends you want and it must be the same legends on both water and land.  The legend icons also must be exaly the same order meaning for example herald on left shiro on right in water as well as on land. Now put the skills in default position meaning the location they originally load in when you first load the legend creating the char. Do that on both water and land. Save template with legend pictures being in correct swaps meaning same legend on left and right side on water and land.

Now never ever move the skills around because then randomly they will change place you have to rebind ur buttons to match the new locations. Repeat process across all templates used. All skills must be in default location both water and land across all templates you use. Personally I recommend copy paste 1 fixed template to all other templates. Then swap legends set traits up and never move location on a skill. That way it doesn't take forever.

Now after you've done that ur set to go. Now you may swap legends for water as well as on land as much as you like. You can now use the template again but never move a single skill.  Utility skills has to be on the exakt same location permanent as the default state.

I hope you guys understand what I mean. <----- 9k hours on rev.
And yes the skills never move positions for me anymore ever since I started doing this. It's still a pain in the kitten that needs fix either way. But this work around is better then having riposting shadows becoming phase traversal all the suddenly.

I ended up just getting used to the default order. Yes, it sucks, but at the moment it's the only workaround I've found that actually works.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:12 AM, Loboling.5293 said:

This Bug made me decide Rev wasn't viable as a main, since it's just too frustrating to play against your own UI.

I really don't understand how tf this isn't fixed yet. How Anet?! 

This also made me quit playing rev. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can we please get this fixed? It's extremely annoying and breaks the flow of group content such as fractals where you change between legends a lot based on the fights/instabilities. Time for template swap, time to swap between each legend and then back to the one I intend to start the fight on (about 20 seconds since mistlock doesn't reset legend swap for some annoying and unexplained reason). The only reason I'm taking Jalis to a fight is for big road stability. If I'm going to get stuck with two sets of vengeful hammers and no road, I might as well be running Shiro. Utilities swapping places is disorienting and often deadly in the case of Shiro when you think you're hitting Impossible Odds and suddenly you're 1200 units away because it swapped with phase traversal or you Riposting Shadows off an edge in Shattered Observatory. You thought you were going to hit Dhuum with Banish Enchantment? No, instead you're Call to Anguish leaping onto a Messenger. Good times, I love looking like an idiot and having elitist pricks jumping down my throat because this years old bug still hasn't been addressed <sarcasm>. 

Edited by Seremela the Elf Mage.1748

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...