Roaming on Mesmer in WvW is so frustrating

Yoci.2481

@Leap Of Faith.8263 said:Playing mesmer roam is straight up self torture currently. In no possible way it gets better. Tried power, tried condition, tried mirage and chrono. Only core left to try.

Say what?Here's a tried and true recipe for you:

1. Roll Dire/TB (depending on funds)
  2. Pick any traits as long as you have Mirage and Deceptive Evasion (it really hardly matters what else you pick)
  3. Slot Blink and Jaunt (rest is whatever)
  4. Slot Axe (your other weapons are there just for color)
  5. Slot 2 Energy Sigils and 1-2 Cleansing Sigils
  6. Put 150% effort compared to Condi Herald or Ranger
  7. ???
  8. Profit!!!
  9. Get bored from playing braindead spec, quit game and troll the forums for 6 months until someone remembers Mesmer is a class in the game.

There, now you have it :lol:

@"aaron.7850" said:Even in full zerker I am like "I should be doing more damage than this" most of the time, imo just reroll, open-world is the only place where mesmer is hella fun nowadays

This is literally what I was thinking post patch. It's sad but I do more dmg with condi burst now, than I ever did with Hybrid. It's all part of CMC's plan to excrete on Hybrid builds.Might be just me, but Hybrid builds added another level of complexity to the game, then CMC happened and suddenly we're all obsolete.Am I alone in me wanting the old status quo, as power crept as it was? At least back then I had to put in effort to win.

You can make it work, but you have to put in a lot of effort, and even then the results are not great. Most roaming builds on other classes are superior in dps, sustain and mobility. Some are just unbeatable in competent hands. Together with Mesmer also not shining in any other part of WvW and supposedly being the Duelist Profession this feels just wrong.

@Jables.4659 said:Core greatsword power is still viable for roaming, but it could definitely use a buff. Domination, Dueling, Chaos seems to be the way to go.

It's viable if you're playing with others so you can slip aggro off yourself with stealth and keep ranged, it's an absolutely terrible 1v1 and it's easily shut down by marked. Seriously marked in WvW is like playing with a broken arm.

You can roam solo but 1v1 is a hard fight vs someone good on their class, thieves are a hard pass, even average thieves will dunk you without much of a sweat.

@apharma.3741 said:

@Jables.4659 said:Core greatsword power is still viable for roaming, but it could definitely use a buff. Domination, Dueling, Chaos seems to be the way to go.

It's viable if you're playing with others so you can slip aggro off yourself with stealth and keep ranged, it's an absolutely terrible 1v1 and it's easily shut down by marked. Seriously marked in WvW is like playing with a broken arm.

You can roam solo but 1v1 is a hard fight vs someone good on their class, thieves are a hard pass, even average thieves will dunk you without much of a sweat.

Pretty much this.

Power shatter hasn't been viable for a very long time. It was always a niche build, now it's a niche build played by gluttons for punishment.

@apharma.3741 said:

Good thieves are few and far between. On core gs out of like 50 1v1s with random thieves I've only lost a couple. I do agree that a good thief should always win this matchup, but good thieves are extremely rare. And in response to the other comment, yes, marked areas will completely shut the build down. Anet needs to address that.